LookFar Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

5.0
  1. "Developer Intern"

Former Intern - Developer Intern in New Orleans, LA

I worked at LookFar for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly Coworkers - Fantastic Office - Administration is great and clear with their expecations - Never got bored since there are so many projects - Located in an amazing city (might be a bit biased) - Used modern development techniques

Cons

Parking was a slight annoyance but nothing you couldn't get used to.

LookFar2017-01-10
  2. "I LOVE coming to work!"

I have been working at LookFar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

LookFar has a good work-life balance, awesome co-workers and a great company culture! Also, i'm lucky to work for a group of amazing leaders.

Cons

Healthcare costs are a little expensive.

LookFar2017-01-10
  3. "Business Analyst"

Business Analyst in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at LookFar

Pros

Collaborative work environment, connection to the startup pulse of NOLA, dynamic and exciting workload, continuing education, office snacks, approachable and helpful management

Cons

Continuous effort to improve the business model can cause bottlenecks in some areas of service offerings

LookFar2017-01-04

"Could Not Ask for More"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at LookFar full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at LookFar over two years ago at a somewhat dispensable position, Over the last two years, the executives have been flexible and amazingly helpful with my transition into the role of Project Manager, helping me learn the tools our team uses and partnering me with a great Senior PM to teach me the ropes. When I told them I'd like to pivot my career towards software development, they assisted me in... enrolling for an 8-week Code Immersion program. All of the developers here are extremely talented, creative, and eager to help: a combination that rarely occurs, let alone without major ego! We have lots of fun together, retrospectives at bars, team-building activities such as go-karting and group crawfish boils. Great place to work.

Cons

The building we work in is downtown and has more of a corporate feel, but we keep it casual on 17. There are more tech companies filtering in, and so the culture seems to be changing. Health care benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Celebrating our success with clients is always fun and a great way to reinforce a positive outlook.

LookFar2015-08-03
  5. "Great Place to work!"

Software Developer in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at LookFar

Pros

Great working environment, flexible hours, casual dress code, free snack &fruits & beverage (depends on what you want, they will have it for you) Working with different teams and interesting projects. Competitive Salary Paid Parking

Cons

No year end bonus. Health benefit as not as great as bigger companies.

LookFar2015-07-22
  6. "A Tech Company Like No Other"

I have been working at LookFar full-time

Pros

We get to work on the most exciting projects with a team of highly intelligent and dedicated people. Because our industry is a competitive space, we all have to be creative in how we solve problems for our clients without costing them an arm and a leg. It's a great place to work, and we're all proud to be a part of a growing company in a growing region.

Cons

The office space is pretty incredible, but it is on the 17th floor in downtown New Orleans, so no pets are allowed, which is unfortunate. Other than that, no complaints!

LookFar2015-07-21
  7. "Great People, Great Trajectory"

I have been working at LookFar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lookfar has cultivated a truly great group of people as its core. Everyone works together famously, there are no interpersonal conflicts, and work just gets done. The work is interesting, and the new startups focus has led to some really fun projects. Compensation is good, especially for the area. Almost never need to put in overtime.

Cons

I'm not in love with the new parking garage? But the company does at least pay for parking. Seriously, no real complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep at it.

LookFar2015-07-21
  8. "Best Tech Company In New Orleans"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at LookFar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super smart people that make solving complex challenges fun. Its a friendly, collaborative environment. No big egos. Interesting work. Lots of different types of clients with different technology problems and ideas. Working with startups means you get to fully design and architect the tech from the ground up. Many opportunities to execute projects in emerging tech and build products that have never been done... before. Management is great. They are in the trenches working just like everyone else and are the biggest cheerleaders for their teams. Cool workspace. Haven't seen anything that compares in New Orleans.

Cons

Organization can be very compartmentalized because of how busy everyone is. Administrative staff in particular can be left out of the loop. Office is always freezing.

Advice to Management

More company-wide communication to get everyone on the same page. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing. Love working here!

LookFar2015-07-20
  9. "A great, growing New Orleans company"

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at LookFar for less than a year

Pros

LookFar's given me a great internship thus far. Work has been diverse and interesting, and it's pretty exciting to be on the ground floor of the New Orleans startup movement. The workforce here is uniformly sharp, and extremely cohesive. I've run into some incredible people, and have made some new friends. Also a really good place to pick up a new skill - one of the senior developers here has been kind enough to... help me with my efforts to learn to code. Overall? I'm very, very happy to be here.

Cons

I haven't really run into any problems as of yet. I should offer a couple of caveats: 1. I've only been here a few months. 2. I'm an intern, and don't work full time. I'm giving compensation a good grade below because, for an intern, I'm well paid. As a result, my perception of work/life balance may be skewed. People work hard here, though I haven't heard anyone complain about their hours.

Advice to Management

None in particular. I'm pleased to be here, and hope to see some great things while I'm with LookFar.

LookFar2015-07-20
  10. "Fun and rewarding place to work"

I have been working at LookFar full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, excellent benefits and friendly atmosphere. Everyone works cooperatively with a team-player attitude, and we even enjoy spending time together outside of work. The cafe is always well stocked with snacks, coffee and sandwich fixings. The office is in a great location with parking provided and there is a gym in the building.

Cons

The building doesn't allow dogs in the office.

Found 10 reviews