Looker Reviews

Updated May 12, 2020

4.9
Looker CEO  Frank Bien
Frank Bien
Pros
  • "Not to mention a great office environment with plenty of perks in beautiful Santa Cruz(in 14 reviews)

• "Work life balance at a prestigious start up(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typically Santa Cruz liberal people here, and that's the way they like it(in 15 reviews)

• "It's growing really really fast, so there are of course some growing pains(in 5 reviews)

1. "Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Looker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Recruiting does a great job selecting wonderful people to work here.

Cons

Chat Support is kind of a crap job but no one talks about the negative aspects that much.

Looker2020-05-13
  2. "DCL"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Looker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room for growth and education

Cons

Parking in Santa Cruz sucks

Looker2020-03-04
  3. "Strangely Great...."

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist

I have been working at Looker full-time

Pros

-Free food galore! -Great pay -Great time off -Amazing work life balance -Incredible place to work within the industry

Cons

-Growing company just bought by Google, so transition is apparent and can be a challenge. -seems like there isn't a definitive career path for the Customer Success dept.

Looker2020-01-13
  4. "Positive Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Looker full-time

Pros

Loved the product and leadership team in setting the direction of the company.

Cons

Grown a bit too big.

Looker2019-11-20
  5. "Great company, great people."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Looker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Couldn't say enough good things about this company! They value their employees, value work/life balance, provide lots of perks like free fitness classes, free meals, etc. They take care of their team! And in turn, everyone works very hard.

Cons

Could be more clear about career development options and roadmap for professional growth. Base salary and commission bonuses are not that competitive compared to similar positions in the industry.

Looker2019-10-04
  6. "Salute to a job well done"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Looker full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at looker for about 2 years. This is a truly phenomenal environment that has hired an amazing set of leaders to guide us through rapid growth. With the Google acquisition I'm sure many things will change, and our Glassdoor entry will become inactive. So for posterity, this place was amazing. Long live the spirit of Looker!

Cons

all good things must come to an end

Looker2019-08-30
  7. "Looker is Unique"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Looker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun culture. Everyone is very positive and willing to help you learn from the get-go. Time To Shred is equally valued as Kitchen Table time. Dogs everywhere!

Cons

Resources aren't organized....yet. Onboarding takes longer than anticipated.

Looker2019-08-16

"How did Looker get so many things right?"

I have been working at Looker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Values - Looker's values are real. Most companies put up their core values to check off a box. Looker interviews for them, highlights them and gives out awards for people who exceed in living the values, including a healthy work-life balance and loving our customers. People - 15 years of working in tech and I have never seen so many smart people working together with a strong passion for what they are doing. Sure, you find a couple of execptional people in every company, but Looker has a ton of them. Customers - Most customers seem to love Looker, some to the extent that they are raving fans. Goals - Looker has exceeded its goals for 6 years now. Part of that is seasoned management that has been around. They don't waver. They stay the course. Goals are high but achievable. Leadership - they have been around and know what they are doing. Nobody is panicking, nervous or burning midnight oil.

Cons

Hiring - I feel bad for every qualified candidate reaching out to me on LinkedIn. There are just sooo many people applying for jobs at Looker, it is hard to give everyone the attention they deserve. And even if you make it to the interview round, the standards are high. My recommendation to anyone interviewing at Looker: Make sure you show that you are a good person. That will matter more than your achievements or qualifications. Don't be afraid to start at a lower level. Internal promotions happen.

Looker2019-05-15
  9. "Looker is a fantastic place to work. The product is amazing and they really care about their employees"

5.0

I have been working at Looker

Pros

Work life balance at a prestigious start up

Cons

All good things must come to an end

Looker2019-07-01

"A phenomenal organization!"

Current Employee - SE Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Looker full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Communication from senior leadership is phenomenal. I've never been in an organization that defined and consistently communicated strategies to align our teams behind organizational goals. - Easily the most motivated and intelligent group of people I have ever worked with - Extremely "chill" work environment; work at your pace. You have work to do - get it done! - Phenomenal product - Really believe in and support our clients - our support is called "Department of Customer Love" which really shows our focus; our clients - We really live our values - Management really looks out for their people; they believe in the team and push them to be great. - Team follows this lead (above), and thrive on the desire to succeed as a team, then they will shine as individuals. - Hiring; we go out of our way to be good at hiring and constantly strive to improve our processes and actually try to provide feedback to candidates

Cons

Feedback from management can be a bit thin at times, but its on you to step up and ask for feedback, and to strive to do more and succeed.

Looker2019-06-13