Loomis Fargo & Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko
Lars Blecko

Pros
  • The employees are good people and if you want 10 (in 4 reviews)

• job is relatively close to the house making it a short drive to work (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours 12 cent per year pay raise company paying slave wages (in 6 reviews)

• A lot of micro-managing and did I mention low pay (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great job. Too much drama"

Current Employee - CMS Lead in South Gate, CA
    Current Employee - CMS Lead in South Gate, CA

Pros

Descent pay, job is relatively simple. Hours are great. The montebello manager is probably the best manager I will ever have.

Cons

Too much drama. You can only do so much to stay off the radar. When a couple of girls don't like you it can get really bad. Specially when they are the leads.

Advice to Management

Select your leads better.

2. "CMS TELLER - Okay to work here"

Current Employee - CMS Teller in Jacksonville, AR
    Current Employee - CMS Teller in Jacksonville, AR

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are amazing. Wonderful coworkers. You can plug up and listen to music or books which will allow you to stay to yourself.

Cons

Can't use cell phones. So I am worried about emergencies with my family. Also, there is no definite time on when you will finish for the day.

3. "Worst company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The call off policy is great!!

Cons

horrible pay rate considering how many years invested in company, management horrible

Advice to Management

No room for growth unless your liked!!

"Cms - teller"

Current Employee - CMS Teller in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - CMS Teller in San Diego, CA

Pros

Hardly work weekends. and forced to work day before and after holidays. They're is hardly anything pro about this company.

Cons

No structure. They will tell you to do something without proper training, but if you mess something up they will get upset with you and indirectly say comments to bash on you. Not professional about things. The more you know they more they will throw on you and they won't ask you to they will demand you to do it. No pay raise but they will bend rules for certain people. They will promise you one thing so you can do the worse jobs and then turn around and take it back. You have to constantly put a fight if you don't want to get picked to picking up slack. The harder you work you'd think you'll get recognition but nope! They take their employees for granted. There is fratnazation and sexual harassment (indirectly) . The benefits suck hardly cover anything. Oh and the manager is a sassy young girl who only cares about her looks.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge those who pull most of the weight. Be proffesional about things. Let your staff know of upcoming plans so that they can work around their personal lives and not expect them to work around yours.

6. "most part a decent place to work!"

Current Employee - CMS Teller in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - CMS Teller in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love working with money and in a fast paced environment for alittle more than minimum wage, than it's a great place to work.

Cons

at the slc location it Max out at 12 a hour. They also don't pay enough or give everyone enough recognition.

Advice to Management

give people more room to grow, raise the min and max am out for all positions plus make it easier to move up and beable to move up farther than a superviser. Mabey even suggest better jobs for the hard working employees and recognition for perfect attendance!

"San Antonio Branch Driver/guard One huge mistake it was to work here. I got onto loomis after relocating to San Antonio and desperately searching for a job after getting out of the military. With having served in the military I can tell you even the worse leaders in the military out preform the management at Loomis. They're very inconsistent and incompetent. It will put most of the reasons on my cons section. Do yourself a favor and pick another place to work this place is a joke. There is so much risk and responsibility for such a low wage. They have a 50% turn over rate. Their facility is a joke. They can't pay out Christmas bonus' so they have the employees submit raffle tickets to see if they're lucky enough to get one. They said they were having a Christmas party but the employees would have to pay for it. I actually thought it was a joke until I saw the sign up sheet. They expect you to drive like it's a perfect world btw you're being videotaped by the company when you drive so every little thing you do gets sent to management so they can write you up for every little thing. For an example I avoided a vehicle that pulled out to far try to turn. I simply decreased my speed and honked my horn. After I came back from a 12 hour shift I was chewed out for honking my horn overall completely ignoring the fact that I didn't hit the other car. I felt that there was racial tension inside management like they had to have an egotistical complex when I was around since I wasn't Hispanic. From what I saw the only way you get promoted is if you start ratting people out to management for stupid simplistic things. While the snitches do the same or even worse. For an example one of the shift leads has had 3 wrecks and caused them. Nothing happens. But if someone calls in sick they assume that person doesn't want to work and suspends you. As far as safety goes, the company can give a rats butt,all they care about is making a profit. They got rid of 3 man crews and it's only a driver and a hopper. If you want a bullet proof vest you're only able to choose their crappy vests that cost $400+ and only stop .45 cal. Yup that doesn't make me feel safe either. The company decided to crony out and they found a loophole where they don't have to pay there employees who do all the grunt work for overtime unless it's over 60hrs. It had something to do with the weight of the vehicle but we're not truck drivers. We get out of the dang vehicle to pick up for customers and all that jazz. As far as the trucks you drive they're straight up death traps. Air conditioner doesn't work in the summer and the heater doesn't work in the winter. The summer time will be tough for drivers since they don't have tinted windows and you basically fry in the front cab. Sweating your butt off for 12 hrs, zero breeze, and being stuck in a confined space was pretty extreme. Management and upper management doesn't care they work in their air conditioned offices and they want their profit. If you stick it out and try to get promoted you'll be surprised once again because they will only promote those rats who kiss butt. As far as pay goes it doesn't matter how much experience you have they will only give you $11.10/hr no overtime unless it's over 60hrs. They will also threaten to take your profit sharing away because you can't drive super perfect going back to the driver spy cameras that were mentioned earlier. If they even give profit sharing out. It's crazy how they can pick and choose just so they can get a bigger cut. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Even though the economy is crap I will not succumb to being a wage slave."

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time

Pros

Get to carry a gun, people think your job is like in the movies. Enjoyable if wages were better and management were more professional.

Cons

No overtime unless you work +60Hrs
    $11.10 base pay
    They only move your pay up 2% every year if they even see fit to do so
    Egotistical management
    Inconsistent
    Cronies
    Horrible trucks
    Ac/heater never works
    Company doesn't care about your safety
    Only rats and kiss butts get moved up.
    Good employees usually quit
    Dead end job
    Lies about wage increase when short handed so people don't quit
    Drama
    To much responsibility for low wage.
    Dirty and unkept facilities
    Raffling out christmas bonus
    Goes on...

Advice to Management

Increase the driver/guard wage
    Get rid of over time rule
    Lead by example
    Be consistent
    Don't alienate people

"Think Twice"

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They have branches throughout the US so you can transfer just about anywhere you want as long as the postilion is open. Also strong financials giving company great stability.

Cons

WAS a great company to work for. Cared about their people and was a great working environment with many opportunities to move up the ladder. In 2014 a new CEO/President took the helm for the US division. This is a company doing over 500 billion and profits of 500 million a year. The new CEO is ruthless monster with an ego the size of Texas. His rule has completely changed this company to the point that every employee is scared to death about whether they will have a job tomorrow. His personality regarding the company employees is driven by his lack of caring about the Loomis people. All he cares about is cutting cost no matter who it hurts and what it takes. This is all to make himself more money and make himself look better then the previous CEO. He is single handily destroying what was a great company. Be concerned if you apply, here today gone tomorrow with no reason other then to cut cost.

"Long hours with no thanks"

Current Employee - Armored Service Technician in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Armored Service Technician in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are good people and if you want 10+ hours of OT a week you'll get it...

Cons

Busting your butt for pennies. Run a gain for the quarter and get profit sharing of .20 on the hour. Management gives no praise or real incentive to do a good job except the meager wages and the "profit sharing". The trucks that hold millions of dollars don't get maintained even if you tell management.

Advice to Management

Try and have a people first attitude. Stop running your employees down with 12-16+ hour days and when you are going to offer profit sharing make it worth while instead of insulting. Maybe sending your branch managers to Dubai isn't the best investment....

"armed service atm tech an carrier"

Current Employee - Atm Service Tech An Carrier in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Atm Service Tech An Carrier in Athens, GA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none this company is not suited to be in the line of work with the lack of leadership that it has in lower an upper mangermnt...

Cons

They is no advacement a very dead end job...Very low pay for the life risking job..

Advice to Management

No care or concern for workers...

"lack of TRAINING!!!!!!! on Atm."

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Richmond, CA
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Getting along with your partner.

Cons

Not getting RESPECT, so called "bragging rights" how fast you can finish your route with out taking your lunch break,or your two 10 min brakes. your not going to get a raise by going to fast. Benefits SUCKS your going to pay $325.00 for family every two weeks that's $650.00 a month at $14.25.

Advice to Management

have some back bone to support your workers.