Loomis Fargo & Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko
Lars Blecko

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours 12 cent per year pay raise company paying slave wages (in 6 reviews)

• Find a better job, they are out there (in 2 reviews)

1. "Worst place I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, there aren't any. You could find something so much better then this trash company.
    Customers are usually pretty cool.

Cons

They don't care about route employee's
    You make very little money for such a dangerous job the revenues 10 billion a year? Like what the heck.
    Management was trash. They don't care about us route people but wanna go and give party's to the CMS.
    Hours are terrible. Nothing is ever set. Don't make plans after work. Did I mention pay sucks butt. But to end it... I'll never work for another armored truck company again. The money you're delivering and protecting is not work your life. Find a better job, they are out there.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees before you cater to the customers. We are what makes the numbers so y'all get you fat bonuses at the end of the year. If we all left, you'd be screwed.

2. "Worst working atmosphere"

Pros

Pay is good but work hard

Cons

Dirty atmosphere to work in, upper management very unprofessional.

3. "Worst company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The call off policy is great!!

Cons

horrible pay rate considering how many years invested in company, management horrible

Advice to Management

No room for growth unless your liked!!

4. ""Horrible""

Former Employee - Business Manager
    Former Employee - Business Manager

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The building is beautiful and you are surrounded by a lot of food locations.

Cons

You get a 30min lunch. Benefits are not good at all. The pay is very low and non-negotiable. A lot of micro-managing and did I mention low pay? You will receive the title for one thing, but under that title, you will do jobs not related to that titled and will not be paid for it. The call center environment is poorly structured and disorganized and have been for years. You will get reprimanded for small mistakes and there are no incentives. They will notice the mess ups, but will not acknowledge the great work you do. The raises are low as well and they speak to you as though they have no respect for you. You will feel like you are in jail if you ever decide to work for this company. Very poor work life balance and compensation as I keep stressing.

Advice to Management

INVEST IN PEOPLE, not the business. The people build the business.

"Cms - teller"

Current Employee - CMS Teller in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - CMS Teller in San Diego, CA

Pros

Hardly work weekends. and forced to work day before and after holidays. They're is hardly anything pro about this company.

Cons

No structure. They will tell you to do something without proper training, but if you mess something up they will get upset with you and indirectly say comments to bash on you. Not professional about things. The more you know they more they will throw on you and they won't ask you to they will demand you to do it. No pay raise but they will bend rules for certain people. They will promise you one thing so you can do the worse jobs and then turn around and take it back. You have to constantly put a fight if you don't want to get picked to picking up slack. The harder you work you'd think you'll get recognition but nope! They take their employees for granted. There is fratnazation and sexual harassment (indirectly) . The benefits suck hardly cover anything. Oh and the manager is a sassy young girl who only cares about her looks.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge those who pull most of the weight. Be proffesional about things. Let your staff know of upcoming plans so that they can work around their personal lives and not expect them to work around yours.

"Loomis sucks"

Former Employee - Messenger/Vault Tech and Driver in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Messenger/Vault Tech and Driver in Macon, GA

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job not a career. I really don't have anything nice to say about loomis. Unless your black they care about you.

Cons

Too far away, No overtime, and they treat you like dirt.

Advice to Management

I git you good. Not only did you loose a great employee but you lost alot of contracts too thanks to me. Robins fed credit union was the one that killed you all.

"Armored Technician"

Former Employee - Armed Service Tech in Pierceton, IN
    Former Employee - Armed Service Tech in Pierceton, IN

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Old, ill-maintained equipment, have to supply own sidearm, expected to put life on line for very little pay.

Advice to Management

Wake up! You can't get quality people if you treat and pay them like slaves and make them use equipment that belong in a museum.

"Driver Guard"

Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Portland, OR

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They put you through training for your armed guard license

Cons

Just don't work for this company it is a dead end job and the skills so do not look good on anything.

"Think Twice"

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They have branches throughout the US so you can transfer just about anywhere you want as long as the postilion is open. Also strong financials giving company great stability.

Cons

WAS a great company to work for. Cared about their people and was a great working environment with many opportunities to move up the ladder. In 2014 a new CEO/President took the helm for the US division. This is a company doing over 500 billion and profits of 500 million a year. The new CEO is ruthless monster with an ego the size of Texas. His rule has completely changed this company to the point that every employee is scared to death about whether they will have a job tomorrow. His personality regarding the company employees is driven by his lack of caring about the Loomis people. All he cares about is cutting cost no matter who it hurts and what it takes. This is all to make himself more money and make himself look better then the previous CEO. He is single handily destroying what was a great company. Be concerned if you apply, here today gone tomorrow with no reason other then to cut cost.

"CMS Teller"

Former Employee - CMS Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - CMS Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Don't trust CMS Manager , High Turnover.

Cons

CMS Manager will lie to your face.

Advice to Management

Pittsburgh Pa, CMS Manager has never taken time off, not even for her mothers funeral or when her daughter passed away. Why? ( is there a time off policy?) She would never train a back up. One day one of the other girls asked me to verify an overage of $700.00 dollars and we counted it 3 times the CMS Manager asked us to give her the overage and she would take care of it. She would also state that she ran the Branch. In 4 years I saw 4 Branch Managers the last one started to turn the Branch around,but she didn't like him. He audited her cash and coin and found an overage of almost $20,000 and had her deposit it in to the Loomis account. From that point on she made comments that he had to go. Why doesn't anyone ask the people in CMS about her? HR Hello ! There was allot of red flags in CMS , covering shortages , overages would get balanced out.