Loomis Fargo & Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko
Lars Blecko

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours 12 cent per year pay raise company paying slave wages (in 6 reviews)

• Find a better job, they are out there (in 2 reviews)

"Loomis armored - BAD company to work for."

Former Employee - Vault Teller in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Vault Teller in Denver, CO

Pros

Most any job is an improvement.

Cons

No ventilation, too cheap to even have an ice machine for employees in summer. 25 cent a year wage increase. Paycheck errors, vacation and pay stolen.

Advice to Management

Stop cheating employees out of pay.

"Horrible morale, incompetent management"

Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Houston, TX

Pros

It's easy, if that's important to you. People seem to stick around because they lack ambition and enjoy a monotonous lifestyle.

Cons

The management turnover is ridiculous, new management every 6 months or so. The union is absolutely out of control and they're running the branch into the ground. The branch itself is unfit for a workplace with how dirty and beat up everything is there. The employees generally are always looking for ways to hurt the new employees' jobs, ensuring their own job security. Watch out for some of the ones who are nice, because once your back is turned, they're anything but your friend. The management bows to the union because the union's been allowed too much power. The branch is unprofitable and it shows.

Advice to Management

Get a handle on that union, respect everyone. Your new hires generally are the most respectful and they need to be looked after. Some of the senior employees are loyal and good employees, but watch out for the ones that are talking bad about everyone behind their backs. They undermine everything you do behind the scenes.

"If you want a career don't work for Loomis."

Current Employee - ATM Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - ATM Technician in San Diego, CA

Pros

Job security - benefits easy layed back job but management style is terrible. Wages are poor for the the work being done.

Cons

management no respect management no respect management no respect management no respect management no respect management no respect management no respect management no respect management no respect management no respect

Advice to Management

Been there for 7 years. 4 different managers. The best manager they fired. I think that says it all. There has never been a manger who retired, they have been fired.

"NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

-get paid about 11.70 starting out
    -If you want long hours, you got it
    -People you work with are awesome, mostly hispanic and black people so you may feel a little left out, but they are amazing, fun, and GREAT people to talk to, shame to never see them again
    -When talking to management, they are nice, and do take what you say into consideration
    -they pay for your guard card certification classes
    -401K

Cons

Oh here we go.....
    -The armored trucks are crap, most of them have very bad AC
    -to get a truck/van fixed, it takes forever and the problem will still exist
    -The armored vans have HORRIBLE side mirrors. Most of the time you are going to have to slowly and blindly move over into other lanes of traffic
    -the steering is almost always off on the vehicles, and no one will change it
    -get ready to have people blaring and honking their horns at you ALL DAY if youre in the van
    -They don't pay you for your gear or give you and gear to wear
    -VERY long hours, and if you lived a while away like I did, the extra money won't mean a thing
    -If you ever try to get a hold of dispatch, or management from the phone line, get ready to never talk to anyone, so if you're ever under fire, no need calling your management
    -Jobs: Either be stuck up font, driving all day tired as hell and forcing yourself to stay awake, or in the back, crammed and in a little seat, feeling every single bump in the road, intensified
    -My last day of working, I worked 15 hours straight, and they didn't tell me that I was going to be taking another shift after mine was done

Advice to Management

You guys need to listen to what the employees are saying. If the truck is messed up, you NEED to fix it right then and there, not take 1-2 weeks to fix AC. YOu also need to get rid of some trucks, they're horrible. It would get 100 degrees inside those things, and they don't have AC or blow heat out all day for 11-15 hours.

5. "CMS Teller not that great"

Current Employee - CMS Teller in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - CMS Teller in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time

Pros

Not Many, not ran that great

Cons

no raises, hard vacation days, no respect, dealing with little training and people constantly upset when you dont know anything

Advice to Management

Dont have just one person do the training because they dont know it all.

"My time at Loomis was the worst of my life"

Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good company to work for if you have a lot of time.

Cons

1.) Problems with the Boss. It is a major disconnect between hourly employees and management period. Loomis is the only company I have ever worked for that allows its managers to talk to people any type of way. Management has limited or no people skills at branch 3220 (Little Rock). Loomis also only takes harassment complaints seriously if its between two employees, not employees and management. My advice to people considering working at branch 3220 (Little Rock, AR) is “If you’re a yes man/women you will go a long way or have a long career at Loomis”. Some more helpful advice is to never question the ridiculous rules that “Corporate” comes up with or they will target you.
    2.) Bureaucracy and Unnecessary Rules. When it comes to Unnecessary Rules no company does it better than Loomis and the top branch for enforcing those “questionable” rules is again the Little Rock Branch. Loomis prides itself as being one of the oldest armored car companies in the world. I think its handbook was last updated when George Bush Sr. was the president (1989-1993). Also, rules apply to hourly employees and not management. A certain Supervisor/Manager breaks the first rule at least 3-5 times a day which is “Dishonesty”.
    3.) Underemployed/ See No Future If you have a college degree or any secondary education do not waste your time at Loomis unless you just want to be told what to do by some people who feel threaten by your education. They often shy away from people with college education because they do not feel as if you will stay with the company for longer than a year. There is no point in trying to put your all into Loomis because they will train a person how to do various things that are above your pay grade, but they will never pay you extra for doing extra work.
    4.) Feeling Underpaid I understand the country is in a recession, but Loomis is recession proof because they pay their employees as little as possible. Out of the last 4 years we have gotten a total of a 3.5% raise. That wouldn’t be so bad if the company treated you as if they appreciated. The Little Rock Branch feeds its overworked and underpaid employees at least 1 time a year. You better make it to the cookout before the insect do or you will be sorry.
    5.) Too Much Work/ Unrealistic Performance Expectations Loomis like all other companies have these things called performance evaluations. Well the truth behind those evaluations is they are personal opinions of your superior. I have heard more than 2 or 3 people having the same evaluation. I wonder if all the supervisors know how to evaluate anything at all. Like I mentioned earlier. Loomis is the ideal company for a “Yes man/women”.
    6.) Not Feeling Recognized This was the ultimate reason Loomis has a high turnover rate. I hear the company has done away with some of their pre-employment screening. So if you have ever been denied a chance to work for Loomis in the past now is the time to try it again. The Little Rock Branch (3220) has stopped doing lie detector test so that means you can lie if they ask if you do drugs, have a drinking problem, or if you have ever been arrested for a crime. So tell all the lies you can because it is no way for them know if you are telling a lie because they do not test for that at the Little Rock Branch (3220)
    7.) Negative Company Culture or Poor Ethics Loomis prides itself on People, Integrity, and Service. I think they should get a dictionary and define each of those words. Once they realize what the meaning of their favorite three words I’m sure they will change their motto. The motto should be Slavery, Fear, and J.O.B. (Just Over Broke)

That concludes my evaluation of the Loomis Branch located in Little Rock, AR. The best thing I have done in my life is leaving that place. If you are thinking about working at that branch I wouldn’t recommend staying longer than 18 months. That’s how long it took for me to realize what a mistake I made by staying with that branch in Little Rock, AR. Unless Loomis is willing to start your pay off at $14 bucks an hour and a guaranteed .25 cent increase every year, do not work for them. The Little Rock Branch starts you off at $11 bucks for Drivers/Guards with a .50cent increase when you become AST certified. If you get hired to work in the building they will start you off at $12 bucks an hour(Vault/Dispatch/Coin Department). Both seem like great starting pay but trust me after 5 years (if you can stay in the devils den for that long) your checks will look the same. It’s just too hard to take care of my family on that type of money. I hope this post helps a person out that is considering working for Loomis. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Do better!

"Long Hours, management does not care about you"

Current Employee - ATM Tech in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - ATM Tech in Normal, IL

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

over time if you want it

Cons

bad hours
    management does not care about your personal life
    no free time
    too many hours
    no flex in your schedule
    terrible trucks that always breakdown

Advice to Management

Don't treat lower management like crap, so in turn they don't treat their employees like crap.

"No Job Security"

Current Employee - AST in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - AST in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent hourly coworkers and decent pay

Cons

low moral and no job security

"Not a good experience."

Former Employee - Vault Teller in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Vault Teller in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about working for Loomis Fargo is the hourly pay rate for part time employees wasn't bad, DOE over $11.00.

Cons

Poor training, most positions are part time and receive no benefits. Mgt doesn't care about employees and wanted a "factory" environment.

Advice to Management

They need training in their own jobs. Management needs to put employees higher on their priority list.

"take the other job!"

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I work with at ground level, in the trenches with, are good people, we are all in this pile together so we depend on each other.

Cons

You will work 12 to 14 hour days-overtime starts at 50 hours due to the driver/guard job title. HR is not responsive to your needs for doctor appts. for you, your children or spouse. Upper mgmt. has the same attitude. They leave at a set time each day, you could be out till 8pm after coming in at 7am that day.

Advice to Management

Houston Tx. headquarters needs to be more in tune with what is going on in Dallas Tx.