LoopNet Reviews | Glassdoor

LoopNet Reviews

Updated June 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great work environement with great people!!!"

Current Employee - Marketplace in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketplace in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LoopNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast moving dynamic company with the benfits of a large established company.

Great people doing really exciting things in commercial real estate. I am continually challenged and always learning new things, while still having fun.

Cons

More corporate than it used to be, but with 2,000 employees i think it needs to be.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to dominate the commercial real estate marketing space.

2. "Great place to work! Industry leading products plus great benefits, perks and work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LoopNet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at LoopNet a long time and have appreciated the opportunities to move up and grow in my career.

Here are the best parts of working at LoopNet:
    - Designing, creating and building new technology that is improving the professional lives of our customers (commercial real brokers, agents, investors, developers, etc) and helping to re-shape and modernize an industry
    - The CEO of CoStar (parent company to LoopNet) and President of LoopNet have both founded and built their own companies from the group up and are entrepreneurs at heart
    - Strong vision and financial management from the c-suite has more than doubled the market cap in the last 12 months
    - Management actively seeks input from employee and responds to feedback
    - Opportunities to find and work on projects that excite you
    - HR and the leadership team care about the employees and help put people on the right career track
    - Coworkers that are supportive and who appreciate/respect the work/life balance at LoopNet
    - The benefit package and office perks are great (partially paid for my master’s degree, plenty of PTO, subsidizes public transit, provides a locked room for bike storage, pays 80% of the gym membership, free snacks in the office, regular happy hours, Giants games, etc)
    - The company was supportive and respectful when my children were born, enabling me to spend more time supporting my wife and kids
    - Great location in the heart of SOMA

Cons

I don't have any major cons about LoopNet. Sure, as the company has grown from a start-up to a 2,000 person company, there are more protocols and work rules, but that is no different than any other mid/large size company.

Advice to Management

Keep investing for the long term and never stop searching for new customer segments!

"Great team that is highly supportive of each other"

I have been working at LoopNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a new employee to LoopNet and from my first interview to the present I love the tremendous support all team members give each other. It is clearly part of the culture here. The work is extremely satisfying and goals/strategies clear. The work environment is great as well, lots of perks including Friday afternoon happy hours.

Cons

I haven't found a downside yet, and that's not just a line. It's a result of hard work from the entire management team and my coworkers.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.

"Work hard - Play hard. - Good stable company that has a balance between the start-up and corporate feel."

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LoopNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experienced leadership that is heavily involved, great opportunities to grow, subsidized gym membership, happy hours, realistic budgets, company is #1 in the industry, stable company that rewards hard workers, good compensation, free breakfast, fun company events, view of the ball park, . There is a reason good employees tend to stick around.

Cons

Half of management is on the east coast which makes meetings and project coordination a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep employees in the Loop on initiatives and they will stay motivated

"One of the few billion dollar internet companies for a reason."

Former Employee - Senior Director of Product Management in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director of Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LoopNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great interactions with management. Opportunity to make huge impact on industry. Happy hours.

Cons

Offices spread between multiple locations

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Great place for people who want to work in a large, stable company!"

I have been working at LoopNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Happy hours, free commuter checks, subsidized gym membership, free ball game tickets, hep working space. Good work/life balance.

Cons

There are some things that can't be avoided when you are a company this size, but nothing serious enough to highlight.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great place to work - good perks and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LoopNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great people, fun environment, solid perks including extremely discounted gym memberships, challenging projects that you can learn a ton from, company is constantly moving forward, modern hip office space,

Cons

If you are willing to work there really are not too many cons other than crowds outside on game days

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the company culture and make management decisions as transparent as possible.

"Enjoyable place to work pre-acquisition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LoopNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is pre Costar acquisition, but they had supportive senior management, a nourishing environment and good live/work balance

Cons

Culture seemed unwilling to take risks, but in light of the acquisition they may have been playing it safe while they prepared to sell the company.

9. "Good place to work!!"

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LoopNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people with positive outlook and plenty of growth potential. This is a strong company with strong future potential. There are always cons, but some serious pros at loopNet.

Cons

Major adjustment to new management, but worth the effort as tons of upside potential. You can learn a lot about commercial real estate and the internet here if you are willing to put in the work.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to make this a strong environment for employees.

10. "Perks"

I worked at LoopNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had great perks. happy hour on Fridays. free breakfast. Healthcare 30days after working there.

Cons

They have stick goals on Sales that are at time very hard to meet. they need more of a tier base. Also better regulations on their sales tactics.

Advice to Management

Have side by sides with managers on calls and other employees