Lorian Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Julian Ahumada

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lorian"

I worked at Lorian Health full-time

Pros

Company car, company credit card for marketing

Cons

Incompetent upper management and marketing manager displayed nepotism

2. "In the right path !!"

I have been working at Lorian Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is investing and taking substantial and positive actions to improve its patients’ health and employee’s satisfaction, management is focused on employees’ development and continuous improvement, those actions are having a very positive effect on the work environment and the collaboration among areas.

Cons

Some processes need to be more efficient (they are working on that).

Advice to Management

Keep improving and investing on your team members.

"Don't waste your time here"

Current Employee - Decline to State in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Decline to State in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lorian Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some occasional free food and snacks.

Cons

This company has no loyalty to their employees or patients. They will throw you into your job with little to no training and enforce unreasonable expectations. It is obvious who the favorites are to upper mgmt. Employee turn over very high. Employees live in fear of being fired for voicing any type of concerns that go against the CEO s viewpoint. Most of the senior staff has been terminated or forced into resigning and you will be challenged to find someone who has been working there for more than 5 years, most employees are new and there is no training provided the few that remain with 5 or more years are related or involved personally with the CEO.
    Patient care is dead last for this company. Patients needs are always put below profits. Patients are often left without staff to take care of them since there is constantly a struggle to keep nurses and therapists employed. Patients are the ones who suffer with many missed visits, lack of proper medical supplies, and untrained staff who end up with worsening conditions.
    It is important to give your employees regular raises and evaluations. Instead of a raise last year, my bonus program was terminated yet then they had an elaborate holiday party and upgraded to an expensive phone system, amongst other frivolous spending.

Advice to Management

The top level management needs to be replaced. The owner needs to be more hands on with what the CEO is doing. Maybe hire some experienced managers (someone outside the family or maybe even a woman every now and then) stop the favoritism and inappropriate relationships. Value your employees.

4. "review"

I worked at Lorian Health full-time

Pros

supportive HR, great staff in office and in the field

Cons

bad management, no communication from "supervisors"

Advice to Management

show appreciation to staff and find a way to effectively communicate with staff as well

5. "Too many cooks in the kitchen. . ."

I worked at Lorian Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company based in Southern California

Cons

They lack true leadership. The company is in disarray. No one wants to help train properly, but wants employees to break their backs for the company. The pay is not competitive enough. And let's face it. There are far too many cooks in the kitchen, it confuses the employees on what is right and what is wrong.

Advice to Management

Train you staff correctly. Take time to actually mentor them. Pay your staff what they deserve to be paid. Stop focusing on unnecessary tasks and focus on what matters and that is finding ways to appreciate your staff.

6. "Mostly good"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in San Diego, CA

Pros

Family owned and operated business. Flexibility of scheduling. Room for advancement.

Cons

Small company with coverage issues at times due to lack of staff.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff to cover the patient load

7. "Lorian lacks integrity and professionalism"

I worked at Lorian Health full-time

Pros

Pay checks cashed. I liked some of my coworkers. but the company never offered direct deposit which always makes me worry about why Not. Like will my check cash? I liked my manager but some of the others were really inappropriate at times and sometimes even mean.

Cons

High stress environment with a work until you drop expectations. This went for office staff and field staff. They thought they owned everyone's time even after hours. retaliative behavior and sometimes negligent behavior by managers especially in clinical department was scary and hard to work in. Scapegoating was the norm and I know it started at the top on down.

Advice to Management

Say thank you to your staff. Tell them they did a good job now and again. I can probably count the times I received thanks or approval on one hand and I worked there for many years. Get some training to your managers and payroll and executives on sexism, fair pay, etc . Also replace the clinical managers with better educated and experienced managers who put patients first and that don't play games with the staff. Just because a manager has been in their position a long time doesn't mean they are good, but it does show they know how to keep a job . Hold all employees to the same standards when they are doing the same thing. Playing favorites with employees following or not following patient care standards is shameful. If a nurse is close to the dpcs and screws up on something, she/ he should get in as much trouble as a person who the dpcs hates who did the same thing. Offer Yearly reviews with increases should be annual and not every 2-4 years based only on the employee requesting it. look too at your rates and salaries. The company try's to makes everyone feel that they couldn't get hired somewhere else and that their pay is "competitive". I say that's a load and I didn't realize how much until I left. The company should work on nepotism also.

"Close team that tries hard to care for the community"

I have been working at Lorian Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, a lot of work but good job security for hard workers. And lots of benefit goodies they keep adding. There is turnover, but this is the 3rd home health agency I worked at and it seems to be an industry that attracts some very strange people. The independent misfits types who like working with a offsite team are the ones who do the best.

Cons

Its gotten pretty good with the addition of 401K and time off eligibility for all employees, not just full time, but I would like to see a vision plan and life insurance.

Advice to Management

In corporate a vision and life insurance plan. don't get so big that you stop listening to the staff. They have really helped shape Lorian. Be a little more particular in the patients you take on that are non-medicare or pro-bono.

"Nice Place to Work"

Current Employee - LVN in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lorian Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits
    Everyone is really nice and helpful
    Awesome Supervisor
    Decent Pay/Compensation
    Per Diem Employees Flexible Schedule (Pick the days you want to work)

Cons

If you are Per Diem you will sometimes have a lot of visits and sometimes have no visits. It is very unpredictable if you are a Per Diem employee. They may add more visits during the middle of the day or in the middle of the night.

Sometimes you may have to drive far for a visit.

"Caution"

Former Employee - Patient Care in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Care in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lorian Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly nursing and therapy staff willing to support one another and help when asked. HR personnel friendly and helpful as well.

Cons

High employee turnover. 30 fulltime employees in a 24 month period. Rules today not necessarily the rules tomorrow. Memos outlining changes can't keep up with rate of changes if memos are sent at all. Disorganized, low morale. Budget conscious to the point of frequently running out of supplies or buying own vs reusing (unsafe). Mandatory educaction during off time without promised compensation. Promised but not delivered bonuses. Intimidation.

Advice to Management

Integrity and honesty. Follow a true business model. Patients AND employees matter.