Lorna Jane Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2019

Found 198 reviews

2.9
Bill Clarkson
Pros
  • "IN conclusion I would recommend a career with Lorna Jane as i Thoroughly enjoyed my time as a LEADER and it Grew me as a PERSON and a LEADER(in 26 reviews)

• "There are a lot of smart and energetic girls in Lorna Jane(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "I strongly recommend to anyone wanting to start a career, join a retail chain, further their career prospects not to choose Lorna Jane(in 30 reviews)

• "Last minute changes in strategy from Head Office has challenging effect on field team members(in 27 reviews)

1. "Entreprenuerial Thinking Encouraged"

I have been working at Lorna Jane full-time

Pros

Great company philosophy promoting healthy lifestyle, physically and mentally, and women supporting and encouraging each other. Obtainable growth opportunities from store level to corporate. Company promotes entrepreneurial thinking in individual roles to own your part in the business.

Cons

Last minute changes in strategy from Head Office has challenging effect on field team members No 401(k) benefit

Lorna Jane2019-04-22

"Save your Time/Energy"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Lorna Jane full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being around health and wellness.

Cons

I worked at Lorna Jane for 3 years and put so much time, dedication, and love into this job with horrible pay especially in a city where cost of living is pricey. I worked at 3 different locations. One being high volume which was great when I started as an Assistant Manager with a great manager and district leader training me. I wanted the opportunity to move to a different state which I interviewed so I could transfer....

Advice to Management

Stay in Australia. Too many competitors and better product in the US aka Lululemon. Clear indication when your CEO has to borrow $$ from your Australian market to keep stores afloat here.

Lorna Jane2019-03-19

"Toxic work environment"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Lorna Jane full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team members were the best !

Cons

I took this position because my location was a lower volume store . I knew I had to put in the extra work to keep it running but I never thought “extra work” would be me working 7-14 days consecutively. No work life balance at all . In general hiring someone takes a week entirely then training them and getting them on board is another story . I put In a longer notice because my location was under staffed most of my new...

Advice to Management

Treat others fairly , hire someone who’s well equipped to run 2 different districts not just one . Plus no one works for free , in California anyone who is salary is compensated OT after the 40 hours . Know your laws .

Lorna Jane2019-03-07
    • "Not bad"

Current Employee - Shop Supervisor in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Lorna Jane part-time for less than a year

Pros

40% off discount, higher than minimum wage, good team.

Cons

Honestly not too many. It’s not a well known brand so it can be a little boring.

Lorna Jane2019-01-18

"Store Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lorna Jane part-time

Pros

all THE FREEDOM in the world and no-one cares about you just perform number

Cons

bad management they don't and won't care about you staff quits rapidly and sometimes you may be left alone

Advice to Management

CARE about your employee stop chasing money.. your employees well make it happen through customer service happiness ect.

Lorna Jane2018-11-30
      • "It's Okay...."

I worked at Lorna Jane full-time

Pros

I enjoy the creative aspect of merchandising and such.

Cons

Management needs work. So much miscommunications between corporate, management, and store level.

Lorna Jane2018-11-07
      • "Advancement"

Current Employee - Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Lorna Jane full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to wear active wear daily! You work along side amazing women who have have the same values as you and believe in a healthy lifestyle. With hard work you have the opportunity to grow your career. Lorna Jane challenges you in different ways than any other company and if you are open to thinking outside the box you can have a lot of fun and success.

Cons

Australia runs the business and are clueless when it comes to the US market. Stock! We don’t have enough and lose sales daily because we can’t service our customers.

Advice to Management

Put someone in corporate who understands the US business. Give the US as much attention as Australia.

Lorna Jane2018-10-31

"Toxic environment"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lorna Jane full-time for less than a year

Pros

What the company represents from the outside. The product is comparable to nothing else in quality and design

Cons

Ethically this company is at the bottom in its market. Employee relations does not exist. HR presence is minimal, offering employees to feel as if they have no support or resources. Laws don’t apply to the operations of this company. There is no structure for the upper management so they do things in an unethical manner with no consequences. It’s almost as if they run the company simply bc they have stayed and put up...

Advice to Management

Operate and conduct yourselves in the manner of which you try to portray to the public. Honestly it will create happy and healthy employees .

Lorna Jane2018-10-05
      • "Associate"

I worked at Lorna Jane full-time

Pros

Fun environment with fun customers. It’s nice to help them try on clothes.

Cons

Bad management, no work life balance, they did not care about their employees

Lorna Jane2018-08-16
      • "Acknowledge Excellence"

Former Employee - Shop Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lorna Jane part-time for less than a year

Pros

With the right leadership you have to potential to grow and excel in this company, at the end of the day it comes down to having a great manager. Open communication is the key to drive this business. In store you have the freedom to own your business, contribute your ideas, and influence your customer on a higher level -- that most companies are unable to do. The work atmosphere is comfortable and team members...

Cons

Miscommunication or not enough information before promotions roll out. It seems like offers and policy's are just thrown into perspective without deep thought. Turnover rate: stop promoting just to promote some people are not ready for certain roles. It speaks volumes when stores become understaffed due to an associate leaving because they were overwhelmed by the work load.

Advice to Management

You're doing better.

Lorna Jane2018-07-29