Los Angeles County Reviews
76% would recommend to a friend
(1051 total reviews)
Sachi A. Hamai
77% approve of CEO
Found 1,051 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are good and the job is rewarding if you can put up with all the cons" (in 216 reviews)
- "The pay was good for starting social worker" (in 65 reviews)
- "Amazing benefits and job security." (in 35 reviews)
- "I have met many great people that have worked in the library which made the job really enjoyable." (in 30 reviews)
- "good salary and true to there word" (in 21 reviews)
- "Poor management: fear" (in 46 reviews)
- "Long hours and poor accommodations" (in 11 reviews)
- "nepotism everywhere" (in 10 reviews)
- "Obvious favoritism and inexperienced Department Director making biased decisions." (in 10 reviews)
- "No accountability for lazy employees and no incentive for those who do more." (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Los Angeles County and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 20, 2023CSS- IICurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Great benefits, and flexible hours
Nepotism, favoritism, basically promotion is based on who likes you. Workplace culture depends on the department you work for.
- 4.0Oct 21, 2023Nursing Supervisor (RN)Current Employee, more than 8 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Good Working and Retirement Benefits, Clinical Step Ladder, Continuing Education, Multiple pathways to more advanced clinical or management roles, multicultural and diverse workforce
Salary can be more competitive to the private sector, Employee Time Management Platforms needs a major upgrade, HR onboarding process needs a major upgrade, Employee Scheduling needs a major upgrade, staffing models need revision.
- 5.0Oct 20, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
great 4% match on both 401k and 457 (latter almost unheard of anywhere else) that adds up to a lot over a career.
golden handcuffs will make it hard to leave. Did the math on the match and that's a lot over a career
Los Angeles County Reviews FAQs
Los Angeles County has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,180 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Los Angeles County to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
76% of Los Angeles County employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Los Angeles County 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.