LotLinx Reviews | Glassdoor

Len Short

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Making progress"

I have been working at LotLinx full-time

Pros

Making great moves!
    Restructuring and Improving!
    Growing business!
    Unlimited vacation!

Cons

Still uncertain...
    Work on 401K program

Advice to Management

Keep working hard!

"Employee"

I worked at LotLinx full-time

Pros

None. Can't think of anything good.

Cons

Never take the time to get the facts.

Advice to Management

Get to Facts! Make informed decisions.

"Terrible, Unethical, Incompetent and Uncaring"

Pros

Unlimited PTO...going to work every day at that he** hole is incredibly draining. You will need the time off.

Cons

The leaders are the biggest jerks. They have no kindness, compassion and everything is my way or the highway. The people are terrified to express their viewpoints or challenge leadership, even when decisions are illegal and/or immoral even at the most senior level. They fire anyone who doesn’t kiss up and has original ideas and opinions. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

What goes around comes back around

"Mostly a Good Experience"

I worked at LotLinx full-time

Pros

Great co-workers and challenging work environment.

Cons

No real career path, too many hiccups within the platform causing a lot of fires, constant fight with dealers as to why they should keep the service.

Advice to Management

Stick with what you know works. Trying to add on too many things while diminishing the core product will not help you get ahead.

"Terrible Leadership Makes for a Terrible Environment"

I worked at LotLinx full-time

Pros

That I interacted with hundreds of folks within the auto industry resulting in great relationships that I'll have forever.

Cons

If I could give LotLinx negative stars, I absolutely would. With the exception of one VP whom was my boss for a few months all of the senior leadership was absent the day compassion was handed out. They allow certain employees to treat everyone else like garbage. LotLinx took away my ability to work from home in January (despite the fact that I have a legitimate medical issue) yet another employee with the same title only came into the office twice a week. On two separate occasions I was told that it's because "he's loud." They change commission policies without warning taking money out of your pocket. After they let me go, they screwed me on commissions and then I had to chase down my final severance check. I wouldn't recommend LotLinx as a place to work for my worst enemy let alone a friend.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees like human beings. Stop allowing certain people to treat others like trash. Treat everyone fairly.

6. "Executive"

I have been working at LotLinx full-time

Pros

Brilliant developers in Canada and analysts in Chicago. Product is the future. Brings in big talent and needs to stick by them. Some at the top are taken in by slick talkers with pretty faces and nice suits. Ask yourself why they aren't sitting in the CEO's chair and were "early retired by 50." Brains before beauty!

Cons

Stop going back to what you know doesn't work every time things get rough and scary.

Advice to Management

You will learn that you don't get a racehorse to run any faster if all you do is give it the whip.

"Terrible Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at LotLinx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent weekly hours and travel

Cons

Paycheck doesn't come one time, commission plan constantly changes, and they never paid commission owed.

"Great company with even better people"

Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Chicago, IL

I worked at LotLinx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• First and foremost, the people are awesome. It was a real joy working with everyone and unlike many companies, there was very little politics and gossip. People are there to work and learn from one another.
    • LotLinx is without question, one of the leaders in the automotive digital space. While I wouldn’t say they are a startup, there is still a start-up vibe, meaning they are hungry and move fast with product development. Sometimes that is a negative, but overall, it’s a positive.
    • People are not micromanaged and everyone is trusted to do their work. Collaboration is very high and the diversity of skills is broad, making the overall team very strong.
    • Growth is strong in many areas; however, controlling that growth was at times frustrating. Overall, very positive.
    • Company is investing in its employees with new retirement options, increased benefits and employee professional education. LotLinx really does care about its “family”.

Cons

• Product development was sometime rushed and caused confusion and inefficiency within the client team. At the tail end of my time there, this was however greatly improved.
    • Company is too spread out for its size. Efficiency would increase 2X if they were to be consolidated.
    • Need a new office to match the growth. This was a known need, but wanted to note as there were times where I would have rather worked from home than deal with limited space/facilities.
    • The bonus structure was a times, unfair. Based on dealer allocation and demographic, some strategists had easier paths to bonuses, while some were setup to fail every month.
    • Be more transparent as a company. While I know that not everyone needs to know everything, but with the fast-changing dynamics, being honest and open goes a lot farther than you think.

While this seems like a lot of cons, they are more comments than negatives. Overall, the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Possibly hire a consultant or COO to be in Chicago to work out some of the structure of the daily operations. Would really help.

9. "Digital Strategist"

I have been working at LotLinx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no "right" way to do your job at LotLinx and that is empowering to all employees. LotLinx gives you all the tools and resources you need to succeed but your own style and personal touch is not only encouraged but crucial to relationship building.

Cons

Technology updates often to function the way they are supposed to.

Advice to Management

Encourage more breaks in the day, actually taking lunch for example. Everyone eats lunch at his or her desk nearly everyday. Our jobs are stressful - I think we'd all benefit from taking consistent breaks.

LotLinx Response

Jun 9, 2017 – CCO

I've indeed seen more folks eating at their desks lately. Now that the weather is warmer, let's make it a point to do as you suggest and break for lunch or an afternoon iced coffee. Dunkin Donuts has... More

"Great company,with awesome potential"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LotLinx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

people, high growth opportunity, equity

Cons

office could be better, but we're moving

LotLinx Response

Jun 9, 2017 – People Experience and Engagement Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback! Yes, we couldn't agree more with the need for a new office space. We are currently searching for new space that will support our company growth in the years to... More