Lotus V Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan Lee

"They sure fooled me."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Lotus V (Less than a year)

Pros

Mostly positive in-office experience.

Cons

You're hired with no idea of what the job even consists of (because if they tell you, you won't come back like 90% of the others.) You don't write your own paycheck, your paycheck depends on how many people you can lie to and manipulate into buying AT&T cable service IF their credit is good enough on top of that. (Your pay is commission only.) You walk door to door to convince people to "save money" or "get the southern best cable service available." You're led to believe you can open your own company when you finally make it to the "top" of the office, yet not one business has branched out of LotusV. Hours are 9a.m. to 9p.m. that consists of walking through a random neighborhood for most of the day.

Advice to Management

Give people the real facts. Stop sugar coating, get to the point. Don't lie.

"A total Scam, but nice people"

Current Employee - Sales in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Lotus V full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people working there

Cons

This company is a horrid mess. They market themselves as a “marketing company for a Fortune 500 Client with no cold calling”. However, they are a door to door pyramid sales scam that sells AT&T. On your first day, you will be joining a team (with a dumb team name) and will do team activities. Then you will get into a car with strangers (who will not tell you where you are going, the only information you will get is “to a place with a lot of leads!”) and driven to a neighborhood to spend the next 8 hours knocking on people’s doors to sell AT&T.

Advice to Management

Be upfront on what you do.

"Great Company and Employees"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Lotus V full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company
    Very professional
    Incredible staff
    High Quality marketing products

Cons

Not for the shy and meek

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work Lotus V

"Amazing group of entrepreneurial minded people and a great opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager, Leader in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager, Leader in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Lotus V full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can prove what you are worth in this company, create your own paycheck. There is so much opportunity in the organization. I have never worked in an environment were everyone is so happy to be at work. The energy in this workplace is as inspiring as it is motivating. I also love the open door policy that the owner maintains. It sets a great example for all, especially the management team. Bottom line, there is lots of money to be made, it is a fun job and you have the chance to learn to what it takes to become a great manager and future business owner.

Cons

For someone who wants a 9-5 job, this probably isn't a good fit for you. On average the day begins at 12 and is usually wrapped up by 9.

Lotus V Response

Mar 3, 2014 – HR Director

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! We appreciate your loyalty and more importantly giving us the opportunity to be the place you call home!

"A positive and influential working environment"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Lotus V full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to write my own paycheck every week. I love the people I work with and that everyone I'm around is on the level of thinking I am. If you're looking to surround yourself with entrepreneurial, positive people who are on track to hitting the goals they have set for themselves in their lives this is definitely the job for you. Our management team has an awesome open door policy as well as our team leaders always being available 24/7 for one another.

Cons

If you want a 9-5 job and to sit at a desk pushing paperwork day to day Monday through Friday, waiting for good things to come to you, this is not the job for you.

"Very Deceptive Business Practices"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Lotus V full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Shifts do not begin until noon, a pro if you're a night owl.

Cons

Door-to-door sales alone, no safety measures are provided, own personal car must be used and mileage is not reimbursed, 100% commission-based salary, long work days, psychological manipulation methods are used to keep employees from demanding better work environment (employees will be called out every time they say something negative, etc.)

Advice to Management

Be completely transparent of what the job actually entails in both the job description and the interview. Warn candidates of the dangers that come along with door to door sales. Provide safety precautions. Create a more professional environment. Do not let team leaders carpool applicants against their will.

Lotus V Response

Mar 3, 2014 – HR Director

We are very sorry you feel this way. We strive to inform our potential employees and future business partners as best as we possibly can in regards to the position and responsibilities. We also ... More

"Great experience for college grads."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Lotus V full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a marketing/business management curriculum in college, Lotus V actually gives you what a degree can not. I learned hands on planning, time management, finance and sales strategies while empowering myself to develop personally and professionally. The leadership team is not a management team, it's a mentorship team. The owner and all the employees do everything they can to ensure you succeed.

Cons

Various client product knowledges can be intense and a lot of studying is needed up front to excel quickly. Hours can be long, but those that take the upward mobility seriously won't mind.

Advice to Management

I love the structure paired with the fun within the organization. Do more developmental activities on the leadership side, rather than focusing on mostly marketing and sales strategies.

9. "Account Manager"

Pros

Ryan is a great boss, good culture

Cons

Door to Door sales can't make a living

Advice to Management

People have gone broke from trying to work 100 percent commission.

10. "DONT DO IT!!!!"

Pros

None. The people are nice but they are zombies, fools, and under manipulation.

Cons

Don't work here. It's walking, door to door sales and based on commission that you may not even get if the customer doesn't qualify. There's like 5 "zombies" left who work 9am - 9pm that car pool or drive their own cars to random rural places. You don't even get reimbursed for your gas. This place is a joke lol. I didn't even work past day 1.

Advice to Management

Stop lying about the position on your advertisements.