I worked at Louis Dreyfus Group part-time (Less than a year)
Traders are fun and helpful. Generally very upbeat, energetic working culture. I was incredibly fortunate to have been given the exposure to a desk that doesn't even take interns at a young age.
I was not prepared, as a college sophomore, for this internship. I had only rudimentary understanding of trading and economics and had trouble with basic concepts around how the market works. I wish I had had more formal training but it was a small desk where resources were limited.
global web, great risk control, rapid and stable growth, good school
salary and compensations could be better
- Nice people for a trading job
- Good hours
- Relaxed atmosphere as long as you are making money
- Potential to learn, and colleagues that want to help you learn
- Lots of pressure if you are losing money
- Compensation decisions seemed opaque, you get the feeling you are making a fair amount relative to your profit/loss but you wonder whether you aren't
Advice to Management
The training program is great, don't change it a bit... but you should consider recruiting from more schools. There is a lot of talent out there you are missing by only advertising your company in a few places.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?