Louise Paris Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Graphic/fashion designer"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Louise Paris full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good and friendly fellow employees, and employers create a great work environment. The work itself is very rewarding because you get to see a lot of your projects come to life.

Cons

There really isn't anything bad I could say about this company. The one thing I will say is that at times, it feels like your creativity is stiffened, but I've come to find that when you come up with something that works, they're more than willing to bend a little.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it's hard for employees to feel like they are important to the whole team. I think if they make more of a conscious effort to let people know that they are truly valued, productivity can be increased.

2. "If you don't like something in this company, the mindset of management is "There is more than one exit, choose one"."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Louise Paris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. You will get paid every 2 weeks.
    Laid back work atmosphere. There are quite a few nice people that work here.

Cons

Rules and procedures are arbitrary.
    Favoritism.
    No room for growth.
    Pay is not competitive.
    No HR department.
    No employee handbook.
    No yearly reviews.
    Internet access is restricted.
    Health insurance coverage is minimal.
    Does not match 401k contributions.

You will be deducted the hours from your vacation days if you're late or leave early but you will not get paid more if you work overtime or you do work outside the office during, or after, office hours.

You must scan your hands to punch in and out.
    There are cameras watching and listening in every showroom.

Sadly enough this is not uncommon in the garment industry which is why I'm giving this company 3 stars instead of 2.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration how important your employees are to the success of your company.
    There are a lot of loyal employees in this company that do good work but don't feel appreciated. Show them you care.

3. "Good for internship/no experience"

I worked at Louise Paris full-time

Pros

It was a job. Little to no benefits besides being able to take home samples that were no longer needed.

Cons

Little pay. Little respect. Having to scan your hand to clock in and clock out.