Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Founder and Executive Chairman Tom Love
Tom Love

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and friendly employees along with good management (in 33 reviews)

• Fast paced work environment with amazing benefits and quarterly bonuses (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • My biggest con is that some upper management treat the lower management bad (in 23 reviews)

• low labor matrix, poor work life balance and not best culture (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Professional, friendly and family oriented."

Current Employee - Inventory Management Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Management Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I started with this company in Texas, I ended up moving due to illness in the family. Love's was more than willing to assist me in finding a location that I can transfer to to be closer to my family. And when I ended up transferring again, they never saw me as a bother but as a valuable person and helped me relocated again. They have treated me like family with the 5+ years I have been with them.

Cons

There is only one.
    Every manager is different, they run their stores differently. Some will have set schedules while others will put you on a sporadic schedule. So depending where you go, you may get a set schedule or not.

Advice to Management

Always treat your team member with respect and make them feel appreciated, and they will give that to the customer 10 fold.

Oct 27, 2017 – Social media strategis

We greatly value your feedback. Thank you for the kind words. Love's is proud to care for its employees!

"General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Bennett, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Bennett, CO

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Loves has a great program called Loves shares. It is not a 401k! They offer that as well. Loves shares are paid out after 7 years of employment. They also pay quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Minimal payroll hours. All landscaping is done by the staff. Managers are spread pretty thin between the store, Restaurant and tire shop. It is a salary position.

Advice to Management

Very fast paced. Spend time in all 3 areas every day and you will do fine. Organization is key. Don’t forget to make time for conference calls. This company loves them.

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

We appreciate you writing this review. Our Love's Shares program is an excellent reward for long-term salaried managers. Thank you for the additional feedback about operations. We will share this... More

3. "A decade of experiences"

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to advance, great benefit package, Love’s shares program (kind of like a profit sharing)

Cons

Salaries are lowered for managers because of the promise of Love’s shares. Who you are friends with can affect your level of employment.

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thank you for the feedback. With a rapidly growing company, we have ample opportunities for career advancement.

4. "Awesome!!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This s definitely an awesome company to work for! The benefits, bonuses, and opportunities to elevate and grow are endless. I enjoy working for this company!

Cons

Just be aware that the truck stops are open 24/7, meaning, be expected to be available to have a flexible personal life when considering an offer of promotion.

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thanks for the kind words! Our benefits and bonus programs really set Love's a part. We love to promote individuals from within the company, too.

5. "Love's Corporate Office is a Great Place with a Bright Future"

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very quick paced with rewarding challenges and amazing coworkers. The manager is extremely bright and forward thinking - very diplomatic with other teams and an incredible communicator.

I had face time with the CEO, and I definitely felt like my work made a difference.

You do good work, it is rewarded with great raises and bonuses.

Not a lot of red tape on good ideas.

Bureaucracy was kept to a minimum.

Cons

Some weeks were very long in terms of hours worked. At times I felt like my manager didn't quite know what it took to get what he was asking done. Also a pro since it meant he trusted me to do what it took.

Advice to Management

Keep the entrepreneurial spirit up!

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

We greatly value you taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the feedback. Love's is proud to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit in the corporate office as well as in our stores!

6. "Maintenance Technician"

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Not a hard job. Awesome managers that are very understanding.

Cons

Nasty Job with lots of rude customers

Nov 3, 2017 – Social media strategis

We appreciate your feedback. Love's is proud to hire and promote awesome individuals to lead our teams nationwide.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Great place to work in okc

Cons

There are no cons to working here

Advice to Management

Thanks for being located in okc

Nov 3, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thanks for the kind words! We're proud to employ great folks in the OKC Metro and beyond.

8. "Sometimes good sometimes bad"

Current Employee - Tire Care Shift Lead
    Current Employee - Tire Care Shift Lead

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

The concept of the company is very well rounded. Great ideas and commitment to employees from corporate level.

Cons

Dm's treat employees like dirt. High expectation from shop with minimum help. Shop gets treated like slaves.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and understand. Be willing to help when needed not just scream and yell.

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thank you for writing this review. We greatly care about our employee and will send this note about DMs to upper management.

"Good job if you're the right gender and lack integrity."

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always something to do. Decent pay. And that's really where the pros end in my opinion. Oh the customers are a pro, too.

Cons

Management. You will get thrown under the bus if it makes your boss look better. Too high of expectations on cashier's, expected to run desk and clean showers at the same time.

Advice to Management

Females can be managers, too. And not just of the restaurants.

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thank you for writing this review. We are thankful for all the work our employees do. From district managers to VPs, Love's has multiple women in leadership positions.

10. "Loves travel centers"

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Fast paced, flexible, understanding and growing

Cons

Leadership, follow up, organization, communication, and training

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thanks for writing this review. We are a rapidly growing company. We will share your feedback with management.