Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Founder and Executive Chairman Tom Love
Tom Love

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No work life balance, Fake Management" (in 15 reviews)

• "Upper management has no backbone to do what is best for the store" (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing company"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The potential for growth is unlimited, as long as you give yourself a plan, and communicate it to your district manager and any other supervisors, they will help you reach the goal that you set for yourself.

Cons

Long hours, and some stores are not what loves is about.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I love the family atmosphere that you set out to achieve.

Oct 3, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for this review! Love's is proud to offer growth opportunities to its outstanding employees. We wouldn't be where we are today without the amazing teams across the nation.

2. "Who is really awesome that people are really kind and very very helpful and it was a really nice place to be"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was a really good experience working with all those kind co-workers and considerate bosses

Cons

Sometimes it was stressful but it was a good place to work

Advice to Management

Keep the employees happy and proud that they're working at a nice job and they get rewards out of it

3. "Great place to work, but expect to work hard"

Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Love's is a great company with a very employee friendly environment. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement from within. They are rapidly expanding opening about 40 brand new locations per year. The pay is very competitive, and if you factor in the profit sharing, it is amongst the best in the country for the retail industry. They have great health benefits, dental, vision, accident insurance, offer 401k with company match, holiday pay, vacation after 6 months, quarterly bonus, and an amazing profit sharing plan (must be employed 3 years to be vested). There are a lot of reviews on glass door about not having a work life balance. Some are true, some are not. As in most retail management positions, your days off depend on your crew. If you properly staff your store, a work life balance is very attainable, as the company encourages fair labor scheduling and for full time employees to get their two days off together on a regular basis. General Managers work Monday through Friday, with most weekends off. I have also witnessed the company be extremely flexible with employees who have had family emergencies, medical issues, personal problems, or anything that would necessitate time away from work. They offer free counseling sessions for employees, and even have an emergency relief fund to help qualified team members who need assistance. Most of the supervision all the way up to ownership are great (look up Jenny Love Meyer on Twitter), though there are a few exceptions. Overall I enjoy working for Love's. They take care of the people who take care of their customers. This is true. Most of the people I know of really enjoy their jobs here.

Cons

There are cons, mystery shop program that will pick you apart and show no mercy. Tire pass is a program that rarely operates correctly and is universally hated. Scheduling can be bad, especially for operations managers, assistant managers, and shift leaders. Most of the cons are things common to the travel industry and the retail industry as a whole, such as lazy or undependable employees, call ins, unreasonable customers, etc. More pros than cons.

Advice to Management

Consistently live the pledge, do what is right for our employees, including GMs and DMs. Continue to focus on culture change, continue to celebrate employees and recognize them for their hard work. Keep moving in the right direction.

4. "Shift Lead"

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Fun times during the beginning

Cons

Things change after new management steps in

5. "Benefits"

Current Employee - Accountant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Accountant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good healthcare benefits. I like the fact that we have a options to choose from HSA to traditional Plan A or Plan B.

Cons

No cons on benefits as they are very good/competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep improving the benefits!

Dec 3, 2018 – Communications

Love's is proud to offer quality health benefits to its employees. We appreciate the review!

6. "Manager"

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Challenging environment with a lot of opportunity to learn various business capabilities and functions across various industries

Cons

If you do not enjoy a fast pace, this is not the company for you.

Dec 3, 2018 – Communications

You're correct - it is a rapidly growing company! We love training from within and offering ample learning opportunities to our employees.

"Great people who care"

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love’s creates an environment that is very employee centered. They have a great set of values and invest in their people. They make it possible to grow your career and be a part of a quickly growing industry. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Horrible work/life balance. Extremely demanding and stressful. The company is growing so quickly that they are losing focus on the core values that have carried them is far. Too many promises for promotion are made that never get carried through on. Too many DM’s and Divisionals who don’t have their teams best interest at heart.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people at all branches of hierarchy. Check in on DM and DD interaction and progress. Make training the top priority it used to be.

Dec 3, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are incredibly grateful for our employees from coast to coast. They are the heartbeat of Love's. We've also shared the management interaction... More

8. "Great call center work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive attitude environment to work in

Cons

Inconsistent info regarding how to perform work from managers

Advice to Management

Dont switch your teams to new managers so often. Don't move employees seats so often!

Dec 3, 2018 – Communications

We appreciate you writing this review. Our customer engagement teams are AWESOME. We've also shared the team and seating switch-up feedback with upper management.

9. "Operations manager"

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Love my job and the company I work for.

Cons

Everyday is very stressfull Because things change so much when your off for 2 days u have 6 different things to learn

Dec 3, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for writing a review. Love's is a great organization. Since it's rapidly growing, it does make days differ, but we thankful for amazing teams from coast to coast who are along for the ride!... More

10. "It’s not that bad"

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores part-time

Pros

Coworkers were nice people
    Pay was decent
    Customers were usually nice
    Job was easy

Cons

Manager was a bit wack. He changed my work schedule without notifying me and then proceeded to get mad when I didn’t check the schedule after he changed my hours (we have printed paper copies which I had already printed BEFORE he changed it.)
    Work can be gross (cleaning showers and bathrooms)
    Customers can be very rude (they’re truckers.)

Advice to Management

Be sure to better notify your employees.

Dec 3, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We have shared this feedback about schedules with our employee relations team to evaluate.