Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Founder and Executive Chairman Tom Love
Tom Love

Pros
  • Pay is good & employees under me are great & benefits are good (in 18 reviews)

• Great benefits and friendly employees along with good management (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No one in upper management would respond to my emails or attempts to contact (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours at times but the payoff in the long run is well worth it (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Assistant Restaurant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Love's is a fantastic company to work for, and they really care about their employees. They are always giving back, with the Golden Hearts, great pay and benefits, and yearly continuing development for management. They do have high standards, and they exoect their stores, restaurants, and employees to be the best. They also expect proper staffing levels, cleanliness, and friendly faces every day. I personally do not feel this is unfair in any way, shape, or form, as they do have a business to run. I love the high standards, and love being able to execute them. I would be embarrassed to work for some of the other companies I have seen, with no standards when it comes to customer service or overall cleanliness. Love's is a place you can be proud to be a part of

Pay is excellent, health insurance benefits are great. 401k options are great as well. I love everything about this company and plan to retire here, in a long time of course.

Cons

The only con is it being a 24 hour business, that never shuts it's doors. That means you will likely work some major holidays or have to work overnight occasionally. Love's does compensate adequately for this, paying overtime for those who work on holidays.

May 4, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, and thank you for the kind words. We greatly appreciate your perspective and passion!

2. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emerson, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emerson, GA

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers are awesome! Great benefits as far as health, dental, vision and 401k.

Cons

No overtime. No advancement offers regardless of work ethic.

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

Apr 25, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for posting your review. We really appreciate the feedback, and we would encourage you to work with management to make your career goals known, if you haven't already. Love's has ... More

"Truck Drivers beware of the lies"

Current Employee - Fuel Driver in Lodi, OH
    Current Employee - Fuel Driver in Lodi, OH

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well it's a pay check

Cons

This job is load pay, meaning you get payed for loaded miles only and if you go to a terminal and they are out of contract and if you have to go to another terminal empty you dont get payed for all of that wasted time.
    The management over Ohio loves to fire people and threaten you with your job and they tell you it's a five day a week job but a lot of the time you work 6 days a week.
    Last year they cut drivers pay by 7% and changed health insurance to less coverage and higher premiums. It's not because the complies is hurting they are making record profits and building new stores all over the country and the Loves family who owns the company is worth 4 billion dollars. So why do you ask they cut the pay of the employees who haul tankers full of gas and diesel ???? Because they said we were making to much. I have worked 6 day a weeK /70 hours and grossed $1100 That's $15.71 an hour hauling gas and diesel. They cut the pay because they a GREEDY.

Advice to Management

Keep being so cheap on drivers pay and you'll have a union here because some of the drivers are talking to Teamsters !!!

Apr 28, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for reaching out. We read each of these reviews, and we're grateful not only to hear great things about Love's Travel Stops and Gemini Motor Transport, but we also appreciate ... More

5. "I Love Working There!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Defuniak Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Defuniak Springs, FL

Pros

First I love too meet different people from all over the world. And making a beautiful SubWay sandwich for them is even better!!!!

Cons

When you try your best but it's never good enough...Walking into a Mess Everyday put you still try your best to have it clean before your next shift come in. But Yet In Their Eyes Its Not Good Enough!!

Advice to Management

Maybe You should really get to know your employees...Some of Us really have a story to tell.

Mar 27, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your passion for people and what you do. We also hear your concerns, and we hope you'll talk to your managers about ... More

6. "arbys side"

Current Employee - Team Member in Ormond Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Ormond Beach, FL

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good hour, fun people, very easy job

Cons

bad management, no facial hair is aloud

Advice to Management

stop micro managing

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate the kind words, and we also appreciate the constructive feedback. Thank you!!

7. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Good Pay, Benefits, Love's Family is very generous.Lack of diversity in upper management.

Cons

Need training managers. Some do not know how to communicate with employees.

Advice to Management

Training and more diversity.

Feb 22, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We read and appreciate all the feedback we get from our employees.

8. "GReat people who care"

Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Columbia, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Columbia, TN

Pros

You will work with great people who care. W\e want people who care about the store and the company. They care about us so they pay very well. They try to give you plenty of time off with scheduled days and vacation rime. They want us well rested and not worn out. Plus the benefits are wonderful.

Cons

It can be hard to find people who will care so there are times that we are short handed. That make ir a little harder on us to get the side work done.

Jan 24, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review - and for pointing out the awesome benefits!

"Cashier"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Pros

The fact that it is a job and you do earn money.

Cons

The attitudes from management to employees is awful especially my first day on the job.

Advice to Management

Seek someone who cares about employees more than lying customers.

Jan 24, 2017 – External Communications Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review, and we very much care about our employees. If there is a specific concern you'd like to tell us about, we invite you to call our Employee ... More

10. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Well compensated, structured environment.

Cons

They expect a lot out of you. Much more than most companies. You will get your hands dirty as your management style will need to be hands on most of the time. Senior management can and will belligerent on some store visits.

Advice to Management

Great company if you can stay with it.

Jan 6, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We read each and every one of these, and we value the feedback. Very much so. Thanks for all you do in Nashville!!

11. "sales associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The Customers. It exciting to meet the different travelers that come into the store and to be able to assist them with their needs.

Cons

The downside of working at Love's is working with the different types of attitudes of the employees but that is with any job.

Advice to Management

My advice is to have management take an interpersonal management course on how to interact with their employees. How not to talk down to them in front of customers and make sure that new employees get the proper training so everyone can be on the same page.

Jan 12, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate the advice to management as well. Our employees make it all happen, and your review is a good reminder of things we can do to help you ... More