Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Founder and Executive Chairman Tom Love
Tom Love

Pros
  • Pay is good & employees under me are great & benefits are good (in 18 reviews)

• Great benefits and friendly employees along with good management (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No one in upper management would respond to my emails or attempts to contact (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours at times but the payoff in the long run is well worth it (in 15 reviews)

1. "Love's"

Former Employee - Team Member/Cashier in Shorter, AL
    Former Employee - Team Member/Cashier in Shorter, AL

Pros

I received a lot of hours
    Very fast paced and you are constantly working

Cons

Schedule mishaps that i requested to fixed never were adjusted. I had to work 4pm-12am on friday then return to work from 7am- 3pm. of course I always got off after 12:30am so I would be tired.

Advice to Management

Make schedules that are appropriate for the team to maximize productivity

2. "Don't Bother"

Former Employee - Shift Lead in Oak Creek, WI
    Former Employee - Shift Lead in Oak Creek, WI

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

--It's a job with a paycheck
    --Good insurance plans
    --Little to no downtime
    --Learn how to slap on a fake smile

Cons

--Bare-bones staffing
    --Rarely room to grow within the company--from the moment I was hired on at Love's I was told that I would be promoted to shift leader--promotion kept getting postponed over and over yet they would still have me work the shift leader shift and perform shift leader duties all while making the hourly wage as a cashier. Was also told that with the position I would receive $1.00 more an hour once promoted, but since I was given merit raises during that time, my wage was only bumped up by about 45 cents.
    --To save on profits, hourly staff's work load would constantly increase
    --Expected to learn how to do everything simply by watching a 5-10 minute video
    --Constantly would hire people with zero experience in the field and leave them to their own devices and blame them for not knowing how to do their job
    --strict facial hair policy (mustache or nothing) to store employees, however the tire shop were welcome to grow beards/goatees as long as they were groomed

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a decent wage, encourage more promoting from within, hire more staff

May 1, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely appreciate reading all our reviews, both the good and the bad. Thank you again!

"Cashier, underpaid and unappreciated."

Former Employee - Retail Cashier in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are usually pretty easy to get along with. Flexibility with scheduling. Fast pace making time go by quick. Weekly pay.

Cons

Disorganized. Out of touch owners. A bonus system that rewards understaffing and generates unreasonable requests and policies. Lack of accountability.

Advice to Management

Organize and listen to input.

Mar 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is valued and appreciated!

"I am pretty mad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poynette, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poynette, WI

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved customers and the fast pace environment. Always had something to do.

Cons

Our store was new in Poynette, Wi. We had 0! Training when we opened. You heard that 0! I learned fast, I was told I was the best by customers and management. My fiancé worked in a lower level than me but made more.I'm offended by that because I felt it was because he was a male. My fiancé and I agreed I did way more than him but I made less. I needed to move due to homelessness and my boss refused to give me a transfer because he didn't want to lose me. That was unfair! I know I did a great job and way more than a lot of employees that didn't do a thing, but wait for me to do it because they knew I would never let the store suffer. I even had to help the many employees who didn't know a thing. I was supposed to get a raise bit they brought people from other stores to take the positions! I'm angry and I feel so screwed over.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to seriously look at the stores and look at cameras. I was never on my phone like other employees, which was a strict no...but they kept their jobs? Got praise for standing around? You can say you guys believe you are doing great, but you screwed my four kids and I over. Thanks.

Jan 26, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your story and for providing feedback. We read each of these, and we have sent this to our management team. Thank you so much for posting!

"Cashier"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The fact that it is a job and you do earn money.

Cons

The attitudes from management to employees is awful especially my first day on the job.

Advice to Management

Seek someone who cares about employees more than lying customers.

Jan 24, 2017 – External Communications Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review, and we very much care about our employees. If there is a specific concern you'd like to tell us about, we invite you to call our Employee ... More

"Warm Bodies"

Former Employee - Team Member in Emerson, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Emerson, GA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't seem to think of any "pros"...I suppose it's convenient to go ahead and fill up on gas while you're at work.

Cons

Low wages, high turnover, rare promotion from within, high stress and corporate doesn't care. The store level management are just as stressed as the hourly employees.

Advice to Management

Find another job.

Jan 19, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're proud of the jobs each new Love's store provides in a community, and we're even more proud of the opportunity for growth our employees have.

"Being taken advantage of......"

Former Employee - Tire Technician - Maintenance - OM Understudy in Troutdale, OR

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced , great weekly pay , opportunity is there for the taken , a multi cultural atmosphere.....

Cons

Micro management - maintenance - lvl of stress is HIGH - location - Team as if - communication skills none - no true back bone -

Advice to Management

Micro management gotta stop - communication skill needs major improvement - I could say a lot more but I will stop there....

"Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing/Operations Manager in Lake Park, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing/Operations Manager in Lake Park, GA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is very competitive for most part

Cons

Treatment of management is not very good

Dec 16, 2016 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for posting your review and offering your feedback! If you have specific concerns you'd like to discuss with us, we invite you to contact our Employee Relations department at ... More

10. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Monte Vista, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Monte Vista, CO

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Wages, Good benefits. Godfathers Pizza

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, horrible labor allowance, terrible support unless your a large store. Always told the negatives and NEVER anything positive! For a large corporation, they really need to work on taking care of their managers better.

Advice to Management

Don't compare Travel Stops to C-stores with regards to sales! Don't lie, you do that! Really upsets all the General Managers. Be more encouraging to the stores that built your company!!!! And actually listen to your General Managers when they tall you what's wrong with the store. Check your ego!! You don;t know everything!

Nov 22, 2016 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for all the detail you provided. We genuinely appreciate it and for the opportunity to learn and do better. Thank you!

"Company of the 20th Century"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Baxter, TN
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Baxter, TN

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loves is a very challenging employment opportunity. Never boring, and the customers were top notch.

Cons

Complete lack of diversity and respect for lower management. No representation of minorities, terrible training.

Advice to Management

Training must improve to curb turnover at all levels of the company. The company should also follow through on their promise of caring for employees.

Sep 8, 2016 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for posting your review. We take the feedback seriously, and we genuinely appreciate it, good or bad.