Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Founder and Executive Chairman Tom Love
Tom Love

Pros
  • Pay is good & employees under me are great & benefits are good (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits and friendly employees along with good management (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No one in upper management would respond to my emails or attempts to contact (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours at times but the payoff in the long run is well worth it (in 15 reviews)

1. "Management"

Former Employee - AA/Supervisor in Richmond Hill, GA
    Former Employee - AA/Supervisor in Richmond Hill, GA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have had many opportunities of growth in the 9 years that I was employed with Loves Travel Stop.

Cons

It was hard to find a good manager to run the location I was assigned to. This is why I have decided to become a manager by taking a business degree course.

Advice to Management

Get to know your team and treat them accordingly. Tried to have a professional relationship with your team so that they would want to work for you and with you.

May 22, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback and the positive score. Thank you.

2. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emerson, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emerson, GA

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers are awesome! Great benefits as far as health, dental, vision and 401k.

Cons

No overtime. No advancement offers regardless of work ethic.

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

Apr 25, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for posting your review. We really appreciate the feedback, and we would encourage you to work with management to make your career goals known, if you haven't already. Love's has ... More

"Great development possible with the proper training"

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager/Retail Shift Leader in Shelby, IA
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager/Retail Shift Leader in Shelby, IA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upbeat friendly place with lots of encouragement to succeed and do your best. Flexible scheduling with lots of perks for employees.

Cons

At my particular store there was a lack of proper training by management which created a lot of tension between co-workers and unnecessary stress in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Success starts with the foundation. You can't build a person or business to greatness without proper training. In my opinion if you don't put in the effort to train then your setting the outcome to automatic failure.

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We greatly appreciate the constructive feedback.

5. "arbys side"

Current Employee - Team Member in Ormond Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Ormond Beach, FL

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good hour, fun people, very easy job

Cons

bad management, no facial hair is aloud

Advice to Management

stop micro managing

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate the kind words, and we also appreciate the constructive feedback. Thank you!!

6. "Loves Restaurants"

Former Employee - Subway Sandwhich Artist in Rolla, MO
    Former Employee - Subway Sandwhich Artist in Rolla, MO

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Easy raises. Good company to work for. Clean environment. Many hours to work most of the time.

Cons

Coworkers can be horrible at most places. This is a company you can move up in quickly so everyone is constantly in competition. People get very ignorant.

Advice to Management

Some of the managers could really learn to treat their staff better.

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

We really appreciate you posting a review, and we take your feedback very seriously! Thank you for taking the time to post.

7. "Nice folks, labor intense"

Former Employee - Tire Technician in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Tire Technician in Ocala, FL

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people and constant stream of customers

Cons

Labor intense with low wages.

Advice to Management

Pay is way too low to retain long term employee

Jan 24, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We greatly appreciate the constructive feedback.

8. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Well compensated, structured environment.

Cons

They expect a lot out of you. Much more than most companies. You will get your hands dirty as your management style will need to be hands on most of the time. Senior management can and will belligerent on some store visits.

Advice to Management

Great company if you can stay with it.

Jan 6, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We read each and every one of these, and we value the feedback. Very much so. Thanks for all you do in Nashville!!

9. "Operations manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. They take care of their employees and good pay.

Cons

Didn't spend enough time with family around the holidays.

Dec 16, 2016 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the work you put in for us in Albuquerque!! We genuinely appreciate it!

10. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always meeting new people even though you have a regular routine to follow you still are always doing something different an its not repetive never bored

Cons

Pay needs to be better high employee turnover rate an never enough people scheduled for the amount of customers that our store serves

Advice to Management

Schedule more people on an average day we serve over 600 customers through the week on gas side an saturday an sunday ive had class to 1000 an even though deisel is a large part of our buisness we need to show more apprecation for the hard working people that choose to give us their buisness because most of the truckers we cater to have big corporations paying for their fuel an our customers on gas side are taking money from their own pockets an we offer them no incentives for this so my suggeation is show all your customers that Loves cares about them an offer them all a loves cards

Dec 12, 2016 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely appreciate the feedback. Thank you for all you do at Love's 387!

11. "not bad"

Former Employee - Shiftlead/Stock/Cashier in Lenoir City, TN
    Former Employee - Shiftlead/Stock/Cashier in Lenoir City, TN

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fast paced, room for advancement, great benefits, team work is a must

Cons

long shifts, never a set schedule, did not accommodate for emergencies.

Advice to Management

Listen to the little man more often

Dec 1, 2016 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and posting your review. We particularly like your advice to management and genuinely appreciate hearing from all our employees (and former employees!).