Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Founder and Executive Chairman Tom Love
Tom Love

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and friendly employees along with good management (in 35 reviews)

• Fast paced work environment with amazing benefits and quarterly bonuses (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • My biggest con is that some upper management treat the lower management bad (in 24 reviews)

• low labor matrix, poor work life balance and not best culture (in 12 reviews)

1. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Love's shares and relocation opportunities

Cons

Not a con but make sure you hold them accountable for your training

"General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Bennett, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Bennett, CO

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Loves has a great program called Loves shares. It is not a 401k! They offer that as well. Loves shares are paid out after 7 years of employment. They also pay quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Minimal payroll hours. All landscaping is done by the staff. Managers are spread pretty thin between the store, Restaurant and tire shop. It is a salary position.

Advice to Management

Very fast paced. Spend time in all 3 areas every day and you will do fine. Organization is key. Don’t forget to make time for conference calls. This company loves them.

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

We appreciate you writing this review. Our Love's Shares program is an excellent reward for long-term salaried managers. Thank you for the additional feedback about operations. We will share this... More

3. "A decade of experiences"

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to advance, great benefit package, Love’s shares program (kind of like a profit sharing)

Cons

Salaries are lowered for managers because of the promise of Love’s shares. Who you are friends with can affect your level of employment.

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thank you for the feedback. With a rapidly growing company, we have ample opportunities for career advancement.

4. "Awesome!!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This s definitely an awesome company to work for! The benefits, bonuses, and opportunities to elevate and grow are endless. I enjoy working for this company!

Cons

Just be aware that the truck stops are open 24/7, meaning, be expected to be available to have a flexible personal life when considering an offer of promotion.

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thanks for the kind words! Our benefits and bonus programs really set Love's a part. We love to promote individuals from within the company, too.

"Love's Corporate Office is a Great Place with a Bright Future"

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very quick paced with rewarding challenges and amazing coworkers. The manager is extremely bright and forward thinking - very diplomatic with other teams and an incredible communicator.

I had face time with the CEO, and I definitely felt like my work made a difference.

You do good work, it is rewarded with great raises and bonuses.

Not a lot of red tape on good ideas.

Bureaucracy was kept to a minimum.

Cons

Some weeks were very long in terms of hours worked. At times I felt like my manager didn't quite know what it took to get what he was asking done. Also a pro since it meant he trusted me to do what it took.

Advice to Management

Keep the entrepreneurial spirit up!

Nov 20, 2017 – Social media strategis

We greatly value you taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the feedback. Love's is proud to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit in the corporate office as well as in our stores!

6. "Maintenance Technician"

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Not a hard job. Awesome managers that are very understanding.

Cons

Nasty Job with lots of rude customers

Nov 3, 2017 – Social media strategis

We appreciate your feedback. Love's is proud to hire and promote awesome individuals to lead our teams nationwide.

7. "Lead cashier"

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

It's a very rewarding job. And the pay was actually very good in my location.

Cons

It's hard being on your feet all day.

Nov 3, 2017 – Social media strategis

We value your feedback. Thank you for taking time to share your experiences.

"Good company with good advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love's has good benefits, pay, profit share up to 2%. Advancement opportunities are great as this is a very fast growing company.

Cons

My biggest con is that some upper management treat the lower management bad. They will come to your store once per quarter and absolutely rip you a part. you take a thirty minute van ride with them back to your store where some of them will scream and cuss you out the whole time then on some occasions walk in and fire part of your team because they didn't heat their egg on their sandwich enough. This isn't the whole upper management team as a whole I for the most part have had good experiences just some of the team can get a way with murder. I'm still giving a senior management rating a two for the simple fact that as a whole the team great with the exception of a few members.

Awful work/home balance.

9. "Administrative Assistant"

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and fun work environment. Good benefits and competitive pay.

Cons

They have a tendency to distribute work when a position becomes vacant other than replace the open position. This can be daunting for the personnel that currently has enough on their plate with their current position.

Sep 26, 2017 – Social media strategis

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

10. "Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great profit sharing plan, good salaries, family atmosphere. Recently a huge investment in technology so lots of cool toys and technologies to play with. Love's family is great

Cons

Can't really think of any. I guess as it gets bigger it became less family like. Also management doesn't always understand how long IT projects can take

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees

Sep 26, 2017 – Social media strategis

We greatly appreciate the feedback.