Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Founder and Executive Chairman Tom Love
Tom Love

Pros
  • Pay is good & employees under me are great & benefits are good (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits and friendly employees along with good management (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No one in upper management would respond to my emails or attempts to contact (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours at times but the payoff in the long run is well worth it (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Assistant Restaurant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Love's is a fantastic company to work for, and they really care about their employees. They are always giving back, with the Golden Hearts, great pay and benefits, and yearly continuing development for management. They do have high standards, and they exoect their stores, restaurants, and employees to be the best. They also expect proper staffing levels, cleanliness, and friendly faces every day. I personally do not feel this is unfair in any way, shape, or form, as they do have a business to run. I love the high standards, and love being able to execute them. I would be embarrassed to work for some of the other companies I have seen, with no standards when it comes to customer service or overall cleanliness. Love's is a place you can be proud to be a part of

Pay is excellent, health insurance benefits are great. 401k options are great as well. I love everything about this company and plan to retire here, in a long time of course.

Cons

The only con is it being a 24 hour business, that never shuts it's doors. That means you will likely work some major holidays or have to work overnight occasionally. Love's does compensate adequately for this, paying overtime for those who work on holidays.

May 4, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, and thank you for the kind words. We greatly appreciate your perspective and passion!

2. "Love it"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at Loves. The pay is very competitive. The benefits package is good. There are opportunities for advancement if you are willing to work hard, and yet the job is not incredibly difficult or demanding. I'm new, but my first impression is very positive. Growing company, tons of room for personal growth.

Cons

24 hour retail business that never closes. That pretty much says it all. If you know what you're in for that's not a big deal.

Advice to Management

So far I've not seen any reason to offer advice to management. Seems they are doing a great job.

3. "Decent company"

Former Employee - Operstions Manager in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Operstions Manager in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They offer a quarterly bonus program along with a profit sharing option for their managers. The benefit they offer are pretty good also.

Cons

Most stores are in remote locations which can result in long days with the hours they want managers to work.

Jun 22, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and offer constructive feedback. We appreciate you mentioning our profit-sharing option for managers as well as our benefits.

4. "Solid Growing Company"

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity due to growth.

Cons

Positions pay lower than comparable companies in area.

Advice to Management

Do some market analysis on compensation.

Jun 20, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for your comments and constructive feedback. We are most definitely a growing company with lots of opportunity.

5. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co workers, and the pay isn't bad

Cons

The benefits suck, and hours unless you work overnights.

Jun 20, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is appreciated.

6. "Shift leader"

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Good hours.great customer service

Cons

Pay rate. No over time. Commuition

Advice to Management

Need to talk things out with employee more

Jun 14, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's very appreciated.

7. "Chocolate covered ___________."

Former Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady Job, Co-Workers, Pay, weekends off, holidays off

Cons

Management, inner office growth, procedures/process, the lack of actual professional growth as an employee. The only thing I truly learned while working for Love's, trust know one and to not be honest.

Advice to Management

This is a Basic low level Sales job, when your credit department in the company declines between 70-80% of the applications returned, I highly doubt it is the sales team. Allow communication from one department to the other, understand that in order for me to produce better numbers and better clients that "Actually follow the Diesel fuel agreement" it requires being able to communicate. One true thing that I really stress is to REMOVE THE SIGN ON THE WALL. The Sign states "you take care of the customers, we will take care of you" on multiple occasions this was not only not followed but argued about with my coach.

Jun 14, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We read and respond to each of these, and even in those situations where the review is less than 5-star, our aim is to learn a little something from ... More

8. "General Manager"

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Great Loves share payout after 7 years

Cons

Growing too fast. District/divisional managers free lancing. Making up own rules. All are different.

Advice to Management

Stick to Corporate policies and procedures.

May 26, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We very much appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

9. "Lack of management"

Former Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Post Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Post Falls, ID

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Good benefits, guaranteed hours

Cons

No chance of moving up if you're not willing to relocate, selfish management, take advantage of employees

Advice to Management

Look into managers in your Post Falls store. They are all selfish. Only do what's best for themselves and does not have the best interests of the store in mind. There are other very serious things going on in that store that I won't mention in a public forum.

May 26, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We read a lot of reviews over a long period of time, but we take each and every one seriously. If the serious things you mentioned ... More

10. "Hard work is appreciated."

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

System driven environment that rewards results. Tremendous amount of corporate support when needed. Upper management gives room for flexibility and tools to get job done. Profit sharing and bonuses VERY generous.

Cons

Tight labor requirements and store level hands on training program. Decentralized training can be difficult to achieve. Recruitment for line staff can be difficult due to location of operation.

Advice to Management

Better communication for program execution.

May 23, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for posting your review and sharing your feedback. We are particularly glad to hear you're getting great support and have the flexibility you need to achieve the best results for ... More