Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews

Updated April 21, 2017

Pros
  • Pay is good & employees under me are great & benefits are good (in 18 reviews)

• Matthew balak, that I have ever worked for, caring fast paced team (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • You are talk to like your something on the bottom of upper management shoe (in 17 reviews)

• Long hours at times but the payoff in the long run is well worth it (in 15 reviews)

"Apply at own risk"

Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Maker in Whitestown, IN
    Former Employee - Subway Sandwich Maker in Whitestown, IN

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can basically make your own schedule and do whatever you want with no consequences

Cons

Management sucks. Lead by example doesn't exist here. Massive integrity issues. Management is really the worse at the drama. If you're a good employee you'll get ran out or demoted. If you're a bad employee you get promoted. And if your on drugs management will give you time to get clean for the position. Referral bonus is offered don't fall for it you'll fight tooth and nail to get it I'm still going through corporate for mine three months after I was supposed to get it and a month after employment.

Advice to Management

Lead by example means show the employees what's right and wrong not tell us what's wrong then turn around and do it. Don't attack people over their sexual orientation. Don't single out a single shift, it's everyone have a team meeting or take people in the office and let them know they're doing something wrong. If the referral bonus is earned give it to them.

2. "Love's Travel Stop"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Falkville, AL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Falkville, AL

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Great company and great pay

Cons

Outside of corporate office slave drivers and in experience manager. Promote because of the buddy buddy system

Advice to Management

Follow up on local level of companies expectations

Mar 7, 2016 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback greatly.

3. "Kangaroo truck stop"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will hire any legal American US citizen. They will always have something for you to do. You will always have a coworker's weight to pull.

Cons

You don't need any skills, abilities, or anything else positive. The management team will try to get you to do everything while they hide in the office.

Advice to Management

Try to hire competent employees, one's whose work you will be able to stand behind, not those who you will be proud to boss around to make yourself feel superior.

Feb 12, 2016 – External Communications Manager

We take all our feedback seriously. Thank you for taking the time to post yours.

"Horrible IT Department"

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that worked in any other department but IT seemed to love their job, Upper level IT & long term employees seemed content.

Cons

The IT Department was hugely flawed with managers that didn't know anything about IT and employees in leadership positions that didn't know what they were doing.

Jan 7, 2016 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We take the feedback seriously, and we're grateful you shared it with us.

"GMT"

Former Employee - GMT Manager in Wyomissing, PA
    Former Employee - GMT Manager in Wyomissing, PA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (More than a year)

Pros

Three days off.
    Ok pay.
    Love share program.

Cons

Good old boys club. If you are not in the club than good luck. The company is against promoting women.

Advice to Management

Look for another job!

7. "Behind the times"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, nice facilities, good hours, ability for growth in most areas

Cons

IT Management is unguided, behind the times.

Advice to Management

Keep advancing methodologies that other companies have been using for decades.

8. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Savannah, GA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (More than a year)

Pros

Worse place I ever worked!!! Management sucks

Cons

Everything!!!! Store was porely ran, expectations of employees not worth the pay

"truth hurts"

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loves shares and lots of opportunity

Cons

Huge amount of complexity for a gas station, flooded with micromanaging hoops to leap through and the stubborn refusal to staff properly to huge customer demand remains to be indefinite.

Advice to Management

Upper management doesn't want to hear issues, only results.

Sep 29, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the feedback and will make sure it's seen!

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Georgetown, KY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Georgetown, KY

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a decent bonus program and profit sharing program.

Cons

I have worked at a few locations. The stores can not stay staffed and no one likes working here. Its a terrible job to have a family especially for managers. Even district managers have a terrible lifestyle. This company has a bad culture when it comes to work life balance. The operation managers are suppose to work 4 days for 44 hours a week which is in the recruitment pamphlet but all of them work more days and way more hours. They love to abuse salary managers and make them work 60 hours or more in many cases. The profit sharing is an ok program but it takes seven years before you get it and after you work the hours that you work and the stress on your family its not really a lot of money per hour. Training is not happening at the stores due to staffing and time demands on the managers. The customers are the rudest people you will ever come across and often are very aggressive and threatening.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth about what the lifestyle ramifications are for the job. False advertisement makes you look like you are a company with no integrity. You need to change the culture that makes people want to stay long term. Employees not able to see their family isn't going to do that. Training program on paper is not bad but execution out in the field is horrible. There needs to be more oversight to ensure employees are being trained the way the company intended. There are too many ways being used to circumvent the process. Most of your management is not properly trained either. Change your profit sharing program. It takes too long to receive benefits and may help with retention. Pay your employees above average wages for industry standards. Most of your locations have employees that have to drive a significant distance to work and your target employees don't have a lot of money and struggle with transportation to the locations. Get rid of the business review process. No one gets anything out of those visits and your senior leadership comes off as jerks that we are making money for.

Sep 8, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope you'll consider addressing your concerns with your GM and DM, too!

"Shift leader"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Richmond, IN
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Richmond, IN

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good and benifits they offer great pay

Cons

No advancement for women they treat the women like crap

Advice to Management

Treat the employee with respect

Sep 8, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We'll make sure your post is seen by management.