Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews | Glassdoor

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and friendly employees along with good management (in 30 reviews)

• Matthew balak, that I have ever worked for, caring fast paced team (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No one in upper management would respond to my emails or attempts to contact (in 19 reviews)

• low labor matrix, poor work life balance and not best culture (in 9 reviews)

"Cashier, underpaid and unappreciated."

Former Employee - Retail Cashier in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are usually pretty easy to get along with. Flexibility with scheduling. Fast pace making time go by quick. Weekly pay.

Cons

Disorganized. Out of touch owners. A bonus system that rewards understaffing and generates unreasonable requests and policies. Lack of accountability.

Advice to Management

Organize and listen to input.

Mar 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is valued and appreciated!

"Great development possible with the proper training"

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager/Retail Shift Leader in Shelby, IA
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager/Retail Shift Leader in Shelby, IA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upbeat friendly place with lots of encouragement to succeed and do your best. Flexible scheduling with lots of perks for employees.

Cons

At my particular store there was a lack of proper training by management which created a lot of tension between co-workers and unnecessary stress in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Success starts with the foundation. You can't build a person or business to greatness without proper training. In my opinion if you don't put in the effort to train then your setting the outcome to automatic failure.

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We greatly appreciate the constructive feedback.

3. "arbys side"

Current Employee - Team Member in Ormond Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Ormond Beach, FL

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good hour, fun people, very easy job

Cons

bad management, no facial hair is aloud

Advice to Management

stop micro managing

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate the kind words, and we also appreciate the constructive feedback. Thank you!!

4. "Loves Restaurants"

Former Employee - Subway Sandwhich Artist in Rolla, MO
    Former Employee - Subway Sandwhich Artist in Rolla, MO

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Easy raises. Good company to work for. Clean environment. Many hours to work most of the time.

Cons

Coworkers can be horrible at most places. This is a company you can move up in quickly so everyone is constantly in competition. People get very ignorant.

Advice to Management

Some of the managers could really learn to treat their staff better.

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

We really appreciate you posting a review, and we take your feedback very seriously! Thank you for taking the time to post.

5. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Benefits, Love's Family is very generous.Lack of diversity in upper management.

Cons

Need training managers. Some do not know how to communicate with employees.

Advice to Management

Training and more diversity.

Feb 22, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We read and appreciate all the feedback we get from our employees.

6. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Max Meadows, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Max Meadows, VA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly faces clean very cheerful environment and a great company to work for

Cons

Being short handed at the wrong time and employees not giving enough notice when calling out

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We read each of these reviews, and we're grateful you'd share yours with us.

7. "Nice folks, labor intense"

Former Employee - Tire Technician in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Tire Technician in Ocala, FL

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people and constant stream of customers

Cons

Labor intense with low wages.

Advice to Management

Pay is way too low to retain long term employee

Jan 24, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We greatly appreciate the constructive feedback.

8. "GReat people who care"

Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Columbia, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Columbia, TN

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will work with great people who care. W\e want people who care about the store and the company. They care about us so they pay very well. They try to give you plenty of time off with scheduled days and vacation rime. They want us well rested and not worn out. Plus the benefits are wonderful.

Cons

It can be hard to find people who will care so there are times that we are short handed. That make ir a little harder on us to get the side work done.

Jan 24, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review - and for pointing out the awesome benefits!

9. "General Manager in Training"

Former Employee - General Manager In Training in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager In Training in Houston, TX

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation; 1 week paid vacation after 6 months

Cons

Schedules are supposed to be posted 2 weeks out, good luck on that happening. Workers are typically unreliable, because it is a truck stop; customers are typically awful, because it is a truck stop.

Advice to Management

Look at increasing wages for everyday workers, to improve quality of hires. This could lead to folks actually wanting to be there and being more pleasant to customers.

Feb 7, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for the review. We appreciate the feedback and the advice to management. We love our Customers, both the professional drivers and our four-wheel motorists -- but we thank you for... More

"I am pretty mad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poynette, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poynette, WI

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved customers and the fast pace environment. Always had something to do.

Cons

Our store was new in Poynette, Wi. We had 0! Training when we opened. You heard that 0! I learned fast, I was told I was the best by customers and management. My fiancé worked in a lower level than me but made more.I'm offended by that because I felt it was because he was a male. My fiancé and I agreed I did way more than him but I made less. I needed to move due to homelessness and my boss refused to give me a transfer because he didn't want to lose me. That was unfair! I know I did a great job and way more than a lot of employees that didn't do a thing, but wait for me to do it because they knew I would never let the store suffer. I even had to help the many employees who didn't know a thing. I was supposed to get a raise bit they brought people from other stores to take the positions! I'm angry and I feel so screwed over.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to seriously look at the stores and look at cameras. I was never on my phone like other employees, which was a strict no...but they kept their jobs? Got praise for standing around? You can say you guys believe you are doing great, but you screwed my four kids and I over. Thanks.

Jan 26, 2017 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your story and for providing feedback. We read each of these, and we have sent this to our management team. Thank you so much for posting!