Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert W Rubin
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The absolute worst upper management I have ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

• The controller was just let go because the new CFO didn't care for her and made impossible demands (in 4 reviews)

1. "Lovelace"

I worked at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute full-time

Pros

Niche for respiratory delivery of disease agents, toxins and therapeutics

Cons

Bioanalytical and analytical deficits, interference and rescheduling at whim by upper management. Labs need rework.

Advice to Management

Redo

"Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers, some career paths available to employees, nice work environment

Cons

Upper management doesn't think of the effects on people when they make decisions, all based on short term and dollars

Advice to Management

Take better care of your people.

3. "Good place for scientists"

Pros

As a scientist you will be treated well. The work is hard and very demanding. The culture is a cross between an academic environment and commercial pharma.

Cons

You have to pull you weight by bringing in revenues from your work. So you better be prepared to work hard. There has been a lot of changes over the last few years. The company has a 50 year history so be prepared for this legacy culture.

Advice to Management

Need more open communication between the various departments.

4. "Descent until the end"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Encouraging and proud to be your employer. Loved them until contract ended, then I was treated like I did something wrong and never found out if I did.

Cons

Last one to receive information about your employment.

Advice to Management

More empathy when delivering news of contract ending.

"Up and down"

Former Employee - Research Coordinator
    Former Employee - Research Coordinator

I worked at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a contractor my boss did not micromanage, just let me do my work and check in occasionally. That was refreshing.

Cons

Again, as a contractor, I had a new two year contract with Lovelace. This one was a subcontract. It was not working out well for Lovelace with the new contract so I was terminated one day, gone the next.

Advice to Management

You were very transparent as a sales person. I would have been nice after you fired my that if you really appreciated me as an employee, you might have given a call or shot me an email. That was quite disheartening since all I heard was praise since I had been working there.

"Nothing is permament and neither are you at LRRI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Facilities, work environment, salary, colleagues, some of the benefits, research opportunities, encouraging professional memberships and attending meetings, compilation of online access to peer review journals and on site holdings,

Cons

Upper management lack of communication, no employee input, No pass of down of institute information from supervisors, transparency,

Advice to Management

You employ very smart people, use them as a resource when having to make tough decisions for the good of the company. It is a mistake to assume your employees would not understand if you inform them of the entire circumstances surrounding these life changing events.

"Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM"

Former Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

The research environment is excellent. There are some very good scientists to work with and the research environment is very collaborative. There are many common-use instruments and good equipment available.

Cons

Women do not get promotions as easily as men do. Pay is better for men than women. Often, men come in with a PhD and 0 years of experience, but get a junior scientist job. Women have to work as a postdoc for 3 or more years before they are offered a junior scientist job. Pay is very low for postdocs and there are no benefits for postdocs other than health insurance - this means no vacation or sick leave!

Advice to Management

Pay should be more in line with other science and industry employers in the area. Women should be treated equal to men.