Lovesac Store Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

Store Leader

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lovesac Founder, CEO Shawn Nelson
Shawn Nelson

Pros
  • By the way, did I mention the product is Amazing (in 12 reviews)

• Great product and really cool concept, great employee discount and sales around Christmas (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Although the product is good no one really desires modular furniture or oversized bean bag chairs (in 8 reviews)

• Customer Service is a must have (in 6 reviews)

"Wonderful! This job takes a lot of hard work, but is very rewarding!"

Current Employee - Store Leader in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Store Leader in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are appreciated for your hard work, the product is AMAZING and love working with the people!

Cons

Because it is a growing company, changes happen often to make the company even better. If you are able to adapt to change and roll with it, I really don't see this as a con.

Advice to Management

Continue to show appreciation of hard work and dedication...it goes a long way.

2. "A Place where you can Build a Career"

Current Employee - Store Leader in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Store Leader in Newark, DE

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Lovesac for over four years and I have been lucky enough to be a part of the company growing from 18 to 50+ stores. In the entire time I have been a part of this company, I have never felt like a number or an under valued employee. Lovesac gives everyone the opportunity to grow within the company. The opportunities I have been given here to build a career and move up within the company has been life changing for me. The best part of working for this company is the people!

Cons

If you do not like working hard, this is not the place for you. Lovesac is growing faster and faster everyday. You must be willing to accept change and embrace rapid growth.

3. "Great work life balamce"

Current Employee - Store Leader

Pros

Family atmosphere, competitive wages, freedom to adjust if necessary to ensure good customer service.

Cons

There are still some inconsistencies while the company continues finding it's focus.

Advice to Management

Try and be as clear and effective when communicating as possible to ensure store teams can execute effectively

"Don't bother"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount is decent but not great. Product is okay. Most of the people are amazing. Glass door is telling me I need more words here but I don't have anything else positive to say...

Cons

Pay is okay if your zone leader likes you. Otherwise it's not worth the work you do. They'll sell you the dream, make you fall in love and then completely screw you over, unless you're a "yes" man. It's a dead end job pretending it's not. They love to tell you there's so much room for growth and opportunity but there's not. They'll encourage you to apply for a position just to not give it to you. HR is a joke. Have retaliation complaint? Don't go to HR. You'll end up with a final warning over it. Being sexually harassed by the CEO? Don't go to HR, they won't care. One of your employees feels uncomfortable in the work place because of another employee? Don't bother going to HR, they'll actually tell you to just not schedule those people together... even though only 3 people may work in your store including yourself. This company has been sued more time then they can count and it will continue to happen until someone sues them into bankruptcy number 2. If you're looking for a career, go elsewhere. Your time and talents will only be wasted here.

Advice to Management

Actually value the people in your stores. The only great thing you have going for you are these people and you're so ok with screwing these people over. Don't say you like to promote from within. We all know it's a joke.

"Hiccups Go Away!!!"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy!!! Do your job, do it well, and you will be rewarded. Can't say enough great things about the product line. Direct line of communication to the top/emphasis on constant feedback is unlike any other furniture retailer. Peers are a phenomenal support system. Don't believe the negative reviews....clearly these people aren't doing their job well to begin with.

Cons

Hiccups and speed bumps. Doesn't every company experience them at some point? As a company, we recognize our shortcomings and are doing a fabulous job addressing them.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep all lines of communication open. Put stock in what everyone in the company has to say, regardless of whether it's constructive or not.

"Just when you thought things were changing"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool product that could go somewhere. Some good co-workers.

Cons

The CEO acts like a child. We are at our Store Leader conference and he invites his "BROS" over to go out on his boat. When everyone shows up at his house he is showing off driving by his house on the boat. He did not offer to take us all out and just left us there waiting for him. Then it was just like a boys club. People shooting paint ball guns, the boys club from the office standing around smoking cigars and a boring party. We just had a day talking about change and we just proved nothing has changed.

Advice to Management

What don't you understand? You cannot attract people who want to bust their butts for you and roll with the change when you are not really willing to dig down deep and change yourselves. People are watching your every move and some of us have been sticking around through all the change and hardships. Don't be silly and throw it all away by not listening to what everyone is saying. If people say it's like a boys club, soften it up a bit. If people want change, don't invite the old boys club out on the boat and not invite the rest of us. To be honest it hurts peoples feelings and I am not the only one.

"Store Manager"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lovesac is moving fast and in the right direction. The plan for the future is Amazing! Connecting with customers, creating a relationship and letting the World know about Lovesac is what we are all about. Stores are small so you're not running around with your head cut off. You can actually spend time with your clients. If you are a go getter, a leader, and passionate, there is room for growth within this company. Upper management is very supportive, from the zone leaders to the CEO. They want you to do your best and grow with them. By the way, did I mention the product is Amazing!

Cons

People still don't know about us, but it's your job to Wow everyone as they walk by the store. If you don't like calling clients that you have quoted and made a connection with, this is not the job for you. Customer Service is a must have.

Advice to Management

I suggest multiple interviews for all employess. Weed out the ones who think they have been overworked. Really, give me a break with those reviews.

"Store Leader"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A company who is shaking it up in the furniture industry. The joy of helping others and making long lasting customers and friends......To be part of the companies growth is exciting....nothing in life is perfect so if you can be patient you will make it. Amazing product!! We have something no one else has!!!

Cons

It's a growing company. Things happen. I can't think of any major cons.....Just the pain of growth....but be patient and you will reap the rewards. All relationships have good and bad and that also comes with work. PATIENCE IS KEY!!!!

Advice to Management

Just keep on doing what you are doing. People that stay understand that growth is not always pretty. People that leave who are negative help the company grow in the the right direction. Most of these reviews I have read that are negative make me a little sick....if they feel that way glad they left

10. "Love It!!!!"

Current Employee - Store Leader

Pros

Product is Amazing! So much thought and effort goes into the quality. You can truly stand behind what you are selling! As Store Leaders we get to talk to our CEO twice a month. This really keeps us connected as a team and a company. Thank you Nancy for taking the time.

Cons

Definitely slower pace. You need to be a self motivator to work here. Product does not change to much, so being creative with what you have is a must.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do! Stay open to feedback. I have seen so much growth in such a short time that it makes me proud to work for the company. You definitely care about your people, your customer and the quality of the product! Continue this and we will be one of the top companies to work for.

"Store Leader"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very comfortable work environment. Acess to CEO and all of HQ. Big team environment. The furniture is amaing quality.

Cons

Corporate is just forming. Our HQ is behind and our dropship is full of hik-ups that lead to customer issues. The furniture is very expensive and difficult to sale. The price point is very high.

Advice to Management

Really read up on the company. This will be like no other job you have ever had. It's a lot of hard work.