Lowe's Reviews in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.0
Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock
Robert A. Niblock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company with good pay for a summer job or something just looking to do on the side (in 884 reviews)

• Good benefits fun people to work with (in 811 reviews)

Cons
  • Hours are hard for work life balance (in 288 reviews)

• Full time personnel work long stretches with one day off (in 477 reviews)

1. "Cashier/ Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Assistance/Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Assistance/Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Lowe's (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick job to pay ur bills if u r behind

Cons

They abuse ur need to keep the job .
    Will ask U to swipe the floors/ clean public toilets when the janitor quits
    Never ask for accommodations buy ur own

Advice to Management

Treat people like humans not Robots.
    Balance work -life stop abusing blue color job bec they cannot afford to quit
    Have an honest open door policy,Do not fire people if they bring their problems

"Antique Software and Computers"

Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Attempts Excellent Customer Service, Good People that value a clean well lit work environment. Lots of new employees all the time due to huge turnover.

Cons

Nightmare Paperwork Trail for each transaction. Almost No training for crucial system management. Maximum-yield schedule keeps you worn out. Not good for family.

Advice to Management

If you're going to operate on dinosaur software you should send a systems trainer rotating through stores like your IT guy does. Better yet make peace with Silicon Valley and pay somebody to upgrade your systems. You rednecks are to going to get yourselves fired by the shareholders.

3. "Fair to middling"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers.Safe work environment.Enjoyable to help people with their projects.

Cons

No rhyme or reason to promotions.I worked part time in one dept for 2 years.They hired someone for full time over me and his first day my manager introduced him to me and said' this [me],he knows all there is know so if he asks you to do something,do it. Well,that destroyed my morale. Pass on lowes.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and stop hiring people without a mind of there own.

4. "Lowe's"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist Millwork in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist Millwork in Austin, TX

Pros

401k company match, paid holiday and vacation, dental and vision plans. HR is a useful tool and informative on policies and procedure.

Cons

Disorganized management, not what you know, but who you know. Disorganized payroll, and reimbursement of said wages in the event of an error.

Advice to Management

Staff fully, worry less about getting your bonus, and focus more on the employees needs to get their job done.

"Lowes likes to pretend that everyone working for them has no life or family outside of their job"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Lowes has a good reputation and the management does place a very high importance on customer service and satisfaction. They do allow room for advancement and encourage the training that prepares for higher level store management positions. The benefits are pretty good. The healthcare insurance is very affordable and they do offer stock options and 401k.

Cons

As a Sales Manager the hours you are scheduled to work are 50 a week and not once have I only worked 50 hours. The salary is low considering most management is there over 60 hours every week. There is absolutely NO work / life balance. A normal day is almost always at least 12 hours long and employees are frequently required to come in on their days off. I can actually go days without seeing my children because I leave before they get up in the morning and they are asleep when I get home. All this work and I'll be lucky to make over 45K this year. In a good year, with full bonus - I won't make over 50K.

Advice to Management

Follow set schedules for employees. Don't call them in on their days off. Regional Managers need to have a better idea of what is really going on at the store level.

Showing 5 of 13,297 reviews