Cover image for Lower Colorado River Authority

73% Recommend to a Friend
75% Approve of CEO

Found 195 of over 224 reviews

3.9
Lower Colorado River Authority General Manager Phil Wilson (no image)
Phil Wilson

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "They have really good benefits and you will be payed fairly.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Very well organized, Good people and(in 22 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance and they treat you like family.(in 16 reviews)
  • "I had amazing coworkers, very bright individuals with drive and a lot of contacts in Texas Engineering, Water, and Power fields.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Good Pay(in 8 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lower Colorado River Authority and is not affected by filters.

Aug 23, 2023
      Power Plant Operator II
      Current Employee
      La Grange, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay, excellent benefits!! Overtime is always avaialbe

Cons

All depts are not treated equally but should be. We all wear the same company brand on our shirts

Aug 7, 2023
        Project Manager Sr
        Current Employee, more than 1 year
        Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture, Quality Personnel, Great Internal L&D Courses, Paid Family Leave, 8% 401k Match and other College Savings Plans, Many Opportunities for Advancement due to internal postings/turnover. Great Benefits. Rarely are you pressured/expected to work more than 40hrs/week. Work Life Balance has been great!

Cons

Job specific training and onboarding not existent. Drinking from a water hose/fast learner required. Compensation claims to align with the market, which may be true for base salary, but most of the market compensation includes annual bonus, raises above cost of living without formal promotion. PTO policy changed significantly after being hired. (Limiting annual PTO Rollovers to 40hrs. Every 5yrs of Service gets you an additional 2days of PTO. Most places I have worked is that 5yrs gets you an additional week of PTO. No limits to Rollovers since it's your time to use. At a minimum they should offer to buy your time back instead of forcing you to use it.)

2. Join the Lower Colorado River Authority team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 4.0
          Oct 28, 2023
          Current Employee, more than 10 years
          Business Outlook

Pros

Wide range of skills to hone on and learn about infrastructure of our state.

Cons

Complicated inefficient processes that take away from real success and accomplishments

1. 3.0
            Oct 24, 2023
            Engineer Associate II
            Former Employee, more than 5 years
            Business Outlook

Pros

Life balance is the best They won't overwork you Good benefits

Cons

You won't learn much You won't advance if you don't know somebody

1. 4.0
              Aug 17, 2023
              Current Employee
              Business Outlook

Pros

The working culture here is better than anywhere else I have ever been. The place is filled with honest, hard working individuals that do look out for each other.

Cons

Salaries tend not to be on the upper side of the range and the size of the company leaves growth opportunities smaller than that of a large corporation.

1. 2.0
                Aug 30, 2023
                Former Employee, more than 1 year
                Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good, (Most) coworkers are respectful

Cons

No proper onboarding process. Endless politics that your responsibilities are unclear. You're kept on your toes all the time which leads to lots of stress.

1. 3.0
                  Jul 30, 2023
                  Park Assistant
                  Current Employee, less than 1 year
                  Business Outlook

Pros

the work is fun and there is a lot of room to explore because there is access to a lot of money from LCRA

Cons

The way that they hire so many people from outside contractors to avoid giving benefits leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It's also unclear what the organization's actual values are when it comes to conservation

Jul 13, 2023
                    Current Employee, more than 1 year
                    Business Outlook

Pros

LCRA has alot of coffee options and tea selections. They are responsive to people's concerns and have an open door policy. This may not be helpful to everyone but I'm sure most reviews arent these days due to the new requirements

Cons

There are also may cons at LCRA revolving around staff inadequacy and the increased workload due to more immigration into Texas

1. 2.0
                      Aug 14, 2023
                      Project Management
                      Current Employee, more than 5 years
                      Business Outlook

Pros

People, 401K matching is great, good for starting your career.

Cons

Politics in the office between departments, leadership that has been in place for too long

Jul 7, 2023
                        Current Employee, more than 3 years
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Clear mission, collaboration comes naturally, safety is a priority,

Cons

Difficult to compete with market salaries

Viewing 1 - 10 of 195 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Lower Colorado River Authority Reviews FAQs

Lower Colorado River Authority has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 224 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Lower Colorado River Authority to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lower Colorado River Authority employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lower Colorado River Authority. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

73% of Lower Colorado River Authority employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lower Colorado River Authority 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lower Colorado River Authority to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Lower Colorado River Authority Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

RFP Coordinator

I have a 5 year gap in my work history due to an illness. How do I explain this? I can't lie, SSD is on my background check as a previous employer. I am on it and looking to re-enter the job market and get off of it, but I understand it is a reason for employers to pause in hiring me.

3 Comments

Senior Associate

How do you interview for a position when you are under-qualified based on seniority but not based on skills? I currently serve as a senior associate for a reputable consulting firm, and I have an interview for an associate director position. However, I am just shy of the minimum YOE requirement included on the job application and relatively young (though I meet all of the other requirements). Any advice on convincing the hiring manager I am ready for a mid-level role?

0 Comments

EY

Had 4 behavioral interviews for a position last week. Last Friday (which was the last of the four interviews), the interviewer spent most of the interview selling me on the job and didn't ask me any questions. She ended the interview by saying she thinks I am confident and would be a great fit for the role. I took this as a good sign but giving it's 2023 you never truly know. Has anyone ever had an interviewer do something similar and not gotten the job?

7 Comments

Glassdoor has 224 Lower Colorado River Authority reviews submitted anonymously by Lower Colorado River Authority employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Lower Colorado River Authority is right for you.