LowerMyBills Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Krenzer

1. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermosa Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermosa Beach, CA

I worked at LowerMyBills full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with an awesome culture and strong leadership

Cons

At the time I was there, compensation was slightly below market value

2. "An amazing company with strong leadership"

Current Employee - California in Playa Vista, CA
    Current Employee - California in Playa Vista, CA

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company fosters a creative and cohesive culture. The motto "powered by people who come to win" is actually true. These offices ooze with talent and leadership works hand-in-hand with you to drive revenue and we all share in the rewards.

Cons

None come to mind.

Advice to Management

Never slow down on innovation. That's what keeps us going!

3. "HR team rocks"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LowerMyBills full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.
    Time off was favorable
    Hr team was great place to develop and grow career

Cons

Lots of change in short amounts of time, but all was well communicated

Advice to Management

Continue with the open communication

5. "LowerMyBills.com is a great company to work for. It is a fun, dynamic, and fast paced environment to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At LowerMyBills.com, managers do not micromanage their employees. I feel like a strong asset to my team and am encouraged by a constant positive vibe and energy around the office. There is a lot of room for growth within this company. It is a serious work environment but it also allows a lot of fun things to happen. We have Friday carts once a month that give out fun treats, we have a game room with a ping pong table and other games, a lot of tea bags to choose from, and two amazing coffee machines. These machines will make you lattes, other espresso drinks like mochas, and regular coffee.

Cons

They have vending machines for sodas, sports drinks, juices, and snacks. The cost of these items range from 30 cents to 1 dollar. I know that's fairly cheap but it would be nice if it was free like the coffee and tea.

6. "Great place to start your career; focus is strong on growth and development."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, ever evolving environment. Great people! A lot of money is dedicated to training and developing their employees. Community Service program is definitely a pro.

Cons

Management is weak on skill training - ie how to manage people. Lack of clear communication from the top down. Too much secrecy for a company whose credo includes "Transparency". Favoritism is strong; if you don't follow the traditonal path and are seen as 'different' it's a tough place to work.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, smart people. This is a group of people who work hard and dont settle for average. Very analytical group of employees.

Cons

The org is a bit flat. While the strong survive sometimes the average can linger

8. "Early company yeah! Experian...not so much"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Had the best manager, and worked in the best vertical (Home Lending) while I worked there. Everyone really knew what they were doing and was extremely helpful. I would quit my job now and go back to work for them in a heartbeat if it were the same company.

Cons

Sadly, after Matt left and Experian moved in, I am not sure that they know how to run a company or provide leadership. Combine that with 2 completely botched layoffs... Now they are only a shell of the company that they once were.

Advice to Management

Matt Coffin and Stephen were extremely competent leaders... I cannot say the same for Experian.

9. "Was a good place to work"

Former Employee - Director in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Benifits and Bonuses were good.

Cons

Tech Management was lost and needed to be more cohesive.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to make a team environment.

"Online Marketing U."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

It has been an amazing place to learn and refine online marketing skills. The team is super smart and very talented. I have learned a ton while working there.

Cons

Recent cost-cutting/removal of perks because lots of our lenders are going out of business. There have been several reorganizations since Experian took control. It gets harder to identify the old LMB culture every day.

Advice to Management

Try to keep some of the old LowerMyBills culture while integrating with Experian.

11. "Great People Working on Awful Products Really Well"

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture of openness, comradarie and encouraged curiosity. Most everyone is friends with one another and this friendship transcends company walls. The company has an open bar box at the Staples Center too which is a lot of fun. Lots of great company activities too.

The management team has honestly cares about the employees growth and development -- even Steve! (the CEO). Very open and collaborative in this sense. All ideas are valued and vetted.

Cons

The monitors are way too small. dual 19"s. Seriously this isn't 1999 anymore... Also, unnecessary IT restrictions (can't install CounterStrike or iTunes) make me feel like I'm in the 5th grade (that said, the game room is excellent).

Super heavy clock-watch culture also. In at 9 and out by 7 (granted, there is an opaque unlimited vacation policy).

Advice to Management

BIGGER MONITORS! And let us install video games so we can have LAN parties after hours :)