Lowes Foods Reviews
57% would recommend to a friend
(1281 total reviews)
70% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people were great and hours generally flexible." (in 102 reviews)
- "Coworkers are friendly and great to be around" (in 65 reviews)
- "Good benefits and pretty good career advancements" (in 39 reviews)
- "As a 18 year old kid I suppose the best would be the pay and the some what flexible hours" (in 37 reviews)
- "They had pretty flexible schedules" (in 23 reviews)
- "Pay is low and there is no difference between internal and external for job application" (in 127 reviews)
- "Poor management depending on store." (in 80 reviews)
- "Bad manager And nobody communicates" (in 56 reviews)
- "Upper management is demanding and not always understanding, especially around the holidays." (in 17 reviews)
- "..training There was no training..short staff" (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Lowes Foods and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,281 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWSep 8, 2023CashierCurrent EmployeeNorth Charleston, SC
Great awesome love it no complaints
none really that i can think ofLowes Foods Response3mo
Thank you for sharing!
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Lowe’s Foods HostFormer Employee
The pros are that i was paid weekly. Also as a part-time employee i had some benefits and flexibility.
I did the same work as a full time employee but got paid less.
- 3.0Jun 23, 2023Beer and Wine ClerkFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWalkertown, NC
Great customers, some very supportive and kind managers. Some very nice people work at this store , and the customers made this job enjoyable and rewarding.
An aloof and rude new store manager of several months now, who did not introduce herself to employees in the store nor support or value them. She rarely ever came out of her office nor checked on departments or speak to valued customers or employees. This was very much recognized by employees and customers alike. This Lowe’s does not give raises to dedicated employees who go above and beyond their job duties. I got a 30 cent raise in almost 2 yrs, was dependable, very competent, and did everything far beyond my duties to keep the Beer Den functioning efficiently and keep customers satisfied each time after 3 Beer Den managers left the company. New , part -time hosts at other local Lowe’s were starting at almost $2 more an hour than I was getting after almost 2 years. They still refused to give me a raise. It was very disheartening to feel I had no choice but to leave my customers with whom I had developed great relationships , and a job I truly enjoyed.2
- 4.0Nov 24, 2023Produce ClerkCurrent EmployeeRaleigh, NC
easy to work for and fun
at night it gets boringLowes Foods Response5d
Thanks for leaving a review!
- 2.0Nov 9, 2023Cash Office ClerkFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBanner Elk, NC
Some good people, extra gas rewards, flexible schedules (part time)
Very noticeable favoritism, people get away with things that others wouldn’t. Very low shared morale between employees, high turnover rate, low pay, busy seasons are a nightmare. Full Time staff has little to no say on their availability and it can be unpredictable.
- 1.0Sep 11, 2023Assistant Deli ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWinston-Salem, NC
Vacation time and personal time
Worst management I have ever seen. I have been here over a year and have not been fully trained. They just threw me in! Dirty place to work at Management doesn't care about employees. They talk so much about store culture, it's a joke! Management never shows up to help, just demands more of you. Management never helps to resolve issues. They schedule you however they want even if you tell them you can't work certain hours. You're asked to work EVERY SINGLE weekend. You get once in a bluemoon a Saturday or Sunday off. My department manager constantly schedules me 6+ days in a row. I am overworked and tired. My hosts don't know their place, nothing is ever done to remedy conflicts between other employees. Management does not care!! WORST PLACE TO WORK AT.Lowes Foods Response3mo
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can learn more about your concerns and connect you with a member of the Host Experience team. Thank you
- 4.0Nov 11, 2023Co ManagerCurrent EmployeeMyrtle Beach, SC
Mostly friendly people and guest.
Not everyone is on same pageLowes Foods Response2w
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!
Lowes Foods Reviews FAQs
Lowes Foods has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,322 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Lowes Foods to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
57% of Lowes Foods employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lowes Foods 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.