Lowry Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Lowry

1. "Reviews"

Current Employee - Manager in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Brighton, MI

Pros

It is unfortunate that former employees are allowed to vent on this site. What they don't say is WHY they are no longer employed by Lowry. Lowry is a family owned business and they go out of their way to accommodate the needs of their employees. All they expect in return is for you to be a productive employee with the skills to do your job. i have worked here 5 years and in that time have seen them pay those with medical issues and/or let them work from home. They send flowers and baskets to the sick, hospitalized, grieving, or those celebrating a birth. They allow employees to flex their hours to accommodate family situations. They are VERY generous and are constantly donating to charity, matching Jeans for Charity contributions, sponsoring needy families, etc. etc.

Cons

If employees don't care for something they should utilize the suggestion program and stop whining. Lowry pays close attention to suggestions by their staff.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Lowry Solutions Response

May 31, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review and for recognizing some of the many great things that Lowry does for its employees as well as the community. One of our core values is Do The Right Thing and we take that ... More

"Ok, not great"

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time

Pros

There are some really great people to work with at this company. They provide a lot of flexibility, which is great when you have children. It can be a good place to gain experience.

Cons

The pay and benefits are mediocre. The owner and upper level managers do not seem to care about or respect entry level employees. They do not do anything to show employee appreciation, and sometimes even just a little could go a long way. The departments do not always work together well.

Advice to Management

Take a look at some of the companies that are rated top to work for and try to adopt some of the practices they have. This is the key to attracting and keeping top notch employees and will also keep morale and productivity high.

Lowry Solutions Response

May 12, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We do try to provide flexibility for our employees so they can maintain a good work / life balance. As a family owned company, family is important to us – our ... More

"Great Place!"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Lowry Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful people. Great benefits.
    I have worked at Lowry for the better part of 20 years. The people are the best I have ever worked with. My position keeps me moving and gives me plenty of challenges.

Cons

There are not many cons. Lowry keeps on evolving to make it self a better company and place to work.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, Lowry is doing great. Don't make to many changes

4. "Lowry a Family-Centric Company"

Current Employee - Middle Management in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Brighton, MI

Pros

I've been with Lowry almost 10 years, and enjoyed them all. A real family centered company, from the top down. A great work environment, open and supporting. Communication is very good, and management is always trying to make it better. A company as established as them in the tech industry is a rare thing, but there are reasons they are still around. Doing the right thing is a core value here, they talk it and they do it.

Cons

Some growing pains right now, but working through them.

Advice to Management

Keep improving the lines of communication, very good, and needs to continue to get better with growth.

5. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, MN

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a strong feeling within Lowry's people of teamwork and commitment to the company and it's customers. The support and communication from the corporate executive team is outstanding. The quarterly "state of the company" meeting's held by the CEO keep everyone up-to-date on company performance vs. goals, new ideas from employees, employee and company involvement in their communities, etc... The average length of service is over 15 years. That speaks to the level of satisfaction by Lowry's people... Lowry promotes personal development. Ex.Cross training...On line College classes available for free...Advancement opportunities...

Cons

There really aren't any strong negatives to working at Lowry.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the Quarterly State of the Company meetings...Keep growing to allow opportunities for people to advance...

"Think twice before you decide to work here for long term"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time

Pros

Good work experience. Vendors and customers are easy to work with. ISO Certified. Good location. Most managers will work with you to adjust schedule from time to time. One manager was a good mentor and boosted my confidence in myself.

Cons

Very low pay, inconsistent reviews and pay raises. Very poor management style they set-up perks to boost employee morale, but then take it back just as a fast. To make it as an employee you must be willing to be management spies and back stab co-workers. Watch out for receptionist she will act like your friend, she thrives on gossip and talks behind your back. She has been known to blab confidential company business to other employees, customers and vendors. Good employees/ mangers do not stick around because this is very dysfunctional company to work for.

Advice to Management

Hire a company to reconstruct your current business practice. Have them talk to employees and managers about pros and cons. Have them design a management training program and get rid of managers that are toxic for company. Enforce and follow EEOC laws, be consistent do not promote employees unqualified employees to management. You might just want to call it a day and close the manufacturing plant. Company will probably be more profitable out-sourcing work and being consultants.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Majority of employees are kind and helpful

Cons

Too many cliques and sub professional behavior

8. "Education, family orientation, and employee morale are some things that Lowry Solutions has to offer."

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Lowry Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you’re into education, which I hope that you are, Lowry Solutions is a great fit for you. I’m a huge advocate of education and Lowry Solutions has a great online education catalog as one of its benefits. Too many companies encourage education, but do nothing to assist their employees. I think that it is great that Mike and Steve Lowry and Lowry Solutions management teams are honestly concerned about continuing your education.
    Lowry Solutions is also very family oriented. The extra activities that the company puts on is not only great fun for the Lowry team, but for my personal family as well. The company Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Michigan football parties are great fun for the employees. But the Halloween and Detroit baseball games are great fun for our families. All of the employees that I work with were honestly concerned if I had a sick child or family matter that had my full attention. The company would recognize this and offer time off to get myself straightened out. It is nice to work with a company that shares many of the same concerns that you do.
    I highly recommend that you ask what the employee morale is during your next interview, and at Lowry Solutions you will get the same answer with every interviewer, but at other companies you might find many different answers.

Cons

The only reason that I left the company is because of career opportunities, and most of the departments have plenty of opportunities for career choices.

Advice to Management

If I were to give any advice to the management team at Lowry Solutions, I would suggest a chance to gain more vacation time.

9. "One of the best places I've worked and also the most demanding"

Current Employee - Director of Service Delivery in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Director of Service Delivery in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Lowry Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lowry continues to focus on business growth, increase market share, and be the leader in the Enterprise Mobility Management . CEO, most management and employees are passionate to grow the company. Lowry promotes and rewards employees with innovative and new ideas. Lowry has a good benefits program, promotes individual training and certification, and there are potential to grow within the organization.

Cons

There always projects and good ideas to implement . It never stops. prioritization and focus needs to take a place.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote talented people within the company. Hire people who are hands-on, have practical experience and not afraid to fall and try again.

"Lousy pay, dysfunctional family, backstabbing."

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexibility in hours; ability to work from home. A lot of company provided lunches. Can be a fun place to work if you are in with the people who are favored.

Cons

Pay is horrible; no raises or bonus schedule; benefits are a joke; ALL departments work against each other, they do not support; favoritism is rampant, if you are IN, you get ahead; working in fear of losing your job on a Friday morning keeps a lot of employees worrying incessantly. Management (especially if you are a Lowry) is the worst I have seen in the many companies I have worked; I found nobody I could trust. Deadlines are unreasonable, and if you don't work 50-70 hours a week (no OT), it is noticed.

Advice to Management

Sell the business; especially Paragon. Give current employees some hope. Put more thought into project scopes and goals, and let the professionals you hire do what they were hired to do.