LoyaltyOne Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2020

2.9
LoyaltyOne Interim CEO Charles Horn (no image)
Charles Horn
0 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "Awaiting on a buyer for AIR MILES(in 16 reviews)

• "Uncertainty in future of the business as it is widely suspected that the US parent company is looking to sell LoyaltyOne(in 12 reviews)

"honesty"

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Love the culture there. Young and vibrant

Cons

Company is too focused on growing, caring less about how to sustain its current employees.

"Company going through change.. not a good time to join"

2.0

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

The Offices are 351 King St are spectacular.

Cons

The company seems to be in turmoil. In June the board pushed out the CEO of the parent company (ADS) CEO Ed Heffernan. The new CEO then pushed out LoyaltyOne's CEO Bryan Peterson who had been with the company for some 25 years. I hear that there have been quiet layoffs in LoyaltyOne and it's child company Precima. All growth and 2020 oriented roles are being gradually cut, and the daily operation roles are being kept for now. This makes it evident that the company is switching from the growth mode to maintenance mode. Even some developers are being asked to leave and only critical ones retained and some even given promotions to stay lest they leave. It is highly likely that these roles would be cut in the future as well. The parent company ADS sold Epsilon side of the business earlier in 2019. This may give a hint of things to come.

"Avoid"

1.0

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun people to work with, lots of parties and team buildings, good benefits, reward miles.

Cons

They are experts at making a great first impression, with no substance. Listen to everything they tell you in the interview and assume working there is the exact opposite. Culture of bullying and fear that is full known by management, yet goes unchecked. Everyone who was professional and tenured when I joined were let go one by one within the year, and replaced with people who were either too junior to speak up, or had been lied to during the interviews and quickly became bitter. Management is cliquey and political. Complete chaos in terms of processes. Just a cool façade with nothing behind it.

"Marketing Coordinator"

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, high-tech and modern office, generous benefits and work from home policy. Community involvement.

Cons

Extremely high executive turnover rate resulted in lack of direction. Transition to open office concept is terrible, zero privacy at desk.

Continue reading

"Technology is a Sinking ship"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Developer

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Close to TTC, convenient for transit Good health benefits Some community work

Cons

Led by abstract no class CTO whos Leadership Facade is led by Impotent Directors and general hypocritical actions. One that talks about servant leadership and practices directive leadership One that pretends to listen, but is too busy giving themselves a handy One that rules them all, feared by all and respected by None BT promotes agile and falls flat. The end result is undeniably bad. Technology and leadership is rotten to it's core. The best way to treat cancer is to cut it out. If you have pride, work somewhere else. Testing isn't valued, anything of value is derided. That of little value get applauded. The sheer stupidity is comical. Forget about career, it's over. Business is in decline, issuance issuance issuance (and expiry). Nobody cares about customers and wait times. 1 or 2 hours, nobody cares. This is the company built off the backs of the common people and it's now a giant parasite trying to survive by sucking the blood out of the faithful.

Continue reading

"Don't leave your secure job!"

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Work from home 80% Company takes care of its employees Great perks

Cons

Inexperienced Management Cut-throat environment Remote Micromangement Onsite Client Work 20%

7. "Great people"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Kind and reliable people to work with

Cons

Work can be stressful at times

8. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture and people are great

Cons

Lower Pay, organization subject to groupthink - success and futre of Air Miles Program internally is overstated

9. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company that cares about their employees who provides a lot of opportunity for advancement

Cons

I honestly have no negatives

LoyaltyOne Response

June 22, 2020VP, Talent and Workplace Experience

Thanks for sharing! We know that our success is due to our incredibly passionate team of 1000+ Associates and we hope to continue to create meaningful value for all our people. Without them, we wouldn’t be where we are today. At AIR MILES, we believe celebrating our Associates is essential to our business and a core value of our ‘work hard and play hard’ culture. Whether we’re celebrating wins, milestones or ‘just for fun’ – we take a lot of pride in giving our Associates something to brag about. You are right, we care about our associates and invest in them from the very beginning. Development is very important to us and we encourage all team members to unleash their curiosity and try new ways of doing things. We also provide many resources for development and coaching opportunities because we don’t want to just be ‘good enough’, we’re always striving to be better and we want to help our Associates get there. We know that developing our people is critical for increasing engagement, fostering our culture and enhancing performance, which in turn drives our results and growth as an organization. Thanks again for your feedback. Perhaps you’ll consider being our next boomerang story! Dimitri Benak VP, Talent and Workplace

"good culture on paper, poor execution"

2.0
    Former Employee - Client Services in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

nice office, good hours and decent perks

Cons

lower than average pay (especially for internal employees) and each person has to fend for themselves, if you get stuck with a bad manager your only option is to stay unhappy or leave the company. the organization values external talent more than internal which is a shame for anyone thinking they could develop their career at the company. poor leadership in client services (especially since a reorg). although framed as a 'diverse company'.... take a look at the senior leadership team.

LoyaltyOne Response

June 22, 2020VP, Talent and Workplace Experience

Thanks for the feedback. We too love our downtown office and invested a lot of time, input and love in order to make it a space where our Associates feel comfortable and inspired. To help our Associates feel a similar comfort in their work from home routines due to the current pandemic, we have offered a Home Office Subsidy to purchase items to help them settle into their new workspaces. In regards to your comment on pay, market data helps us ensure that our salary ranges remain competitive and our Total Rewards team reviews market changes regularly and updates our salary ranges as necessary to keep us competitive. In addition to salary we offer many other perks, rewards and recognition to elevate the Associate experience. I’m perplexed to hear that you feel internal talent isn’t valued. We know our success ultimately depends on the real drivers of our performance – our Associates. We place a strong focus on Associate development and provide them with the training they need not only for their current role, but also to help them achieve the next step in their career. In fact, so far this year, 52% of our vacancies have been filled by internal transfers and promotions. That’s something we’re proud of. Diversity is at the heart of our Company’s culture, but I acknowledge we have a lot of work to do. We are taking steps to actively drive change, including reviewing our current policies, ramping up mandatory training and assessing our recruitment practices. AIR MILES is committed to supporting an environment where we embrace and celebrate our differences. Thank you again for your feedback. I wish you all the best. Dimitri Benak VP, Talent and Workplace Experience

Found 270 reviews