KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Loyaltyworks Reviews

Updated Dec 2, 2019

Found 12 of over 12 reviews

3.9
Loyaltyworks President and CEO Mark Herbert  (no image)
Mark Herbert
0 Rating

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The management team is fair and acts as one unified unit, which is different than I have seen at any other company I've ever worked with.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Good company!

Jun 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a good group of people here. We are all very supportive of one another and it shows in our work. The workflow is interesting. I feel like I am part of a winning team.

Cons

The cubicle walls are a bit short, but that actually helps out when you need to rely on the expertise of a colleague. It's too cold in here a lot of the time lol

President

Thanks for your post. We believe that we have a great culture and we try to foster that environment through our reward and recognition program as well as the company events. The cubicles were chosen to be specifically to short to promote collaboration which is one of our 6 company values. We are glad you love the environment (except for the temperature sometimes coming from the AC system!)

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

A great place to start a career

Jul 14, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small, intimate setting. Smaller company with smaller divisions, so everyone is involved and constantly collaborating. You learn a lot and are expected to pull your weight, which is a good thing. Mild to no micro-management. You can expect people to leave you alone and never bother you if you so desire. The responsibility is left up to you, because everyone here knows the works gets done, and that for the most part, we're motivated to achieving results.. We're all adults. If you fall behind, it's on you. That being said, 90% of the workforce here is extremely friendly and accommodating. Management looks for those eager to learn more and progress to the next level, and welcomes providing them with new assignments and opportunities. You won't transition overnight, but if you're serious about a career, expect to achieve upward mobility within 6-12 months. The benefits are nice, a little above average. Casual atmosphere. In that, while everyone is competent and professional, there's none of that big, fake, strained corporate 'correctness.' People here are human, vibrant, and engaging, which is very welcoming. It's not that stiff puppet environment where colleagues are weary of how they should act around others; instead, people just speak their mind and are not easily offended.

Cons

The work location could be a little better. The office is nice, but the surrounding area leaves a little to be desired. It's not that terrible though. Starting pay is a little below average, but if you're competent and eager to learn, you should see increases sooner than later.

President

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate the feedback, both pros and cons. We do understand that the pay is a big focus on those just entering the work force but we need to balance that with the benefits we offer for those that have been in the workforce awhile. As we are a performance driven company, we would prefer to place a larger focus on pay for performance rather than just salary for just doing the job. This is why we pay such a high percent in profit sharing in additional to the 401k. While this is not immediate income, it will benefit the younger adults greater in the long run.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Loyaltyworks has been very good to me

Sep 15, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loyaltyworks does everything it can to build a culture that recognizes the talent and accomplishments of its employees. The management team is fair and acts as one unified unit, which is different than I have seen at any other company I've ever worked with. I love the benefits, the insurance, the reward points, the professional training and Lunch & Learn sessions offered by the management team. I wouldn't be at as good of a place as I'm at now if it wasn't for my employment with Loyaltyworks, which I'm very grateful for.

Cons

The wheels of change turn a little too slowly at times. Being that Loyaltyworks has been around for a LONG time, it has some older and antiquated approaches to new image and marketing problems. However, the management team is working tirelessly to address this, and to ensure that Loyaltyworks is on the cutting edge, not just of technology and their incentive program and employee recognition program offerings, but of management practices and company policies and procedures as well.

President

Thanks for taking the time to fill out a review of or company. We truly value the feedback from everyone here. As you mentioned, we are always trying to keep up-to-date and relative with our customers and our employees. Thanks for helping create a great team.

4. 5.0

Great Environment

Sep 23, 2014 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with the company for almost a year and there have been many changes, from a new office to new systems being put in place. One thing that has stayed consistent is the positive environment. Its obvious Management has made a conscientious effort to build employee morale. Just to name a few: --Loyaltyworks World Cup. We took time away from our daily activities to have our own "Olympic games" --Monthly casual sit downs with the President. I've worked at a few companies where you rarely see the President let alone get to pick his brain. --Weekly Events That allow employees to have fun and interact with each other. These events help break up the monotony and allows us to interact in a way that most companies don't allow. I'm regularly challenged by manager and I feel respected a by all employees at Loyaltyworks. Although I've only been here for a short time I have enjoyed it.

Cons

If we could leave 2 hours early on Friday throughout the year that would be great!

President

Thank you for your kind words. We do value our employees and I am glad that you can tell. Our number one priority to take of our customers but I believe we can do that and have some fun together. The early Friday dismissal is a great Summer treat. I look forward to being able to do it again next year.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I got really lucky; this is my first real job and I love it-honestly, we are like a family.

Sep 9, 2014 - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I said we are like a family I wasn't trying to be cliche and salesie; the truth is that we are a small company of under 50 employees. Occasionally we( employees) butt heads because of whatever reason. What I appreciate about The ISI Group (Loyaltyworks, Incentive Solutions and ISI Travel Solutions) is the strong presence of the management team. People can act like they run the show all they want or claim that the scales of justice are rigged, but every single decision made is voted on by the management team and whoever else is immediately involved. I would be doing a serious injustice to anyone desiring to apply or desiring to do business with us if I glossed over that there are some "strong personalities" located at 2299 Perimeter Park Drive. To put plainly, I know each and every single manager looks out for two things (1) the clients best interest and (2) the employees best interest. To put even more plain- Loyaltyworks and Incentive Solutions does not settle when it comes to our clients. All things that are designed or going out to clients are either "great" or "going back". I know that I have spent my fair share of late nights in the office, but it is only because my name is attached to whatever work I am assigned. I have never felt overbearing pressure from my manager or any manager, nor the CEO or president. We promote from within- I was promoted less than a year after I was hired. I feel like I have a voice; I feel like my voice matters to the management and senior management team. I feel invested in as an employee, and I have seen other employees who put in the time and work invested in. We get reward money to shop with in our online reward mall, which is pretty sweet, our rewards catalog is loaded. I have used it for the new house my fiance and I just bought. We seriously have a family culture, I realize I said it earlier.... but there is no other word which completely embodies all of us. Mark and Steve are the mommy and the daddy. Scott and Kelly occasionally have to step up to the plate but everything is decided in a democracy format. To make the analogy real, we recently moved locations/offices; Mark & Steve let the employees vote on the color of the carpet for the floors in the new space & the color of the paint schemes. It was a really fun process, and our new office looks bomb. We have fantastic benefits, there is a 401k match, we get holidays, they feed us whenever they take away our lunch hour, we get summer hours because we were voted one of the "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Atlanta" again (those are sweeeeet), we have biweekly office events, management team discusses everything- you bring up an issue to a manager & they will discuss it in their weekly meeting. Installing the white noise for offices was the single best investment we have made since moving.

Cons

You are expected to do the job you were hired to do; I know that I put this in the cons- I felt weird leaving cons blank. If you cannot preform the job you were hired to do it's tough love.

3 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your glowing review. We strive to make the environment a fun place as we keep our focus on moving the business forward. We value our employees and want them all to feel at home here. I agree that sometimes we must dish out tough love to someone that is not performing to their potential, but I would hope that it is always done with respect. I wish summer would last all year as well!

6. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 5 years

I am so fortunate to work with Loyaltyworks!

Sep 11, 2014 - Communications Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working with LW for about 5 years and have been loving it (wow, that's the longest I've ever stayed at one job). I love how everyone is so tight knit - my coworkers became my second family. Everyone does everything they to help each other and our clients. They are always willing to work with you and give you opportunities to grow with the company.

Cons

Technology is hard to keep up with so, sometimes projects (such as our live sites) have taken longer than expected.

2 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you feel at home here and I agree that sometimes meetings last longer than they should. Hopefully we can work on that! Regarding the technology, we are always working to improve the technology and sometimes it does take a while to update our older sites with the new improvements. I will bring it up to the management team for discussion.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Racist remarks and honeymoon over rebuttal

Sep 11, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is one of the most diverse companies I have ever worked for. For anyone to say that the CEO or anyone else here does not respect and/or embrace diversity would be a complete misstatement of the facts. As far as the 'honeymoon' being over after the contract is signed, Loyaltyworks has a 95% customer base willing to share references with our company. I personally average a 30% referral rate for new customers partnering with this organization.

Cons

We need to hire more people due to the workload created by the sales team.

2 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your review. I know that we still have a few open positions to fill. Hiring takes longer than we would want but we are dedicated to hiring the right fit for our culture and the job. Hopefully we will be successful in our recruiting efforts.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Pretty great place to work!

Sep 10, 2014 - Director of Marketing and Communications in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, culture, culture! Loyaltyworks is such a fun, diverse group. The leadership team has done a fantastic job transforming this company into a "Best and Brightest" place to work in Atlanta. The company fosters a team environment and excels at motivating employees to be their best. Loyaltyworks is also a client centric company. I find it very impressive that we listen to our clients feedback and act upon it - maybe not overnight, but usually even better than expected. The product offering (online point based reward programs and debit card reward programs) offers several payment methods to make it easy for the client. The technology provided, RewardTrax, to build and manage incentive programs is top of the line. It's so easy to use and is ever changing - in a positive way - to benefit the clientele. Another big bonus - Loyaltyworks pays 100% of employee health insurance! There are not a lot of companies that do that. I should mention that the training opportunities are also wonderful. Im so glad I am able to attend the seminars, conferences and classes needed to stay ahead in my field. I can't say enough good things about working here. I enjoy it every day.

Cons

There are challenges every day at every company. At Loyaltyworks, we have a pretty lean crew. I think projects take a while to come to fruition because of this very reason; however, we are growing rapidly. This does not apply to client projects, those are always first priority. During our busy season, its busy. Its easy to feel overwhelmed.

1 person found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your review. We have worked hard over the last few years to focus on our culture. We want everyone to exhibit the six core values and the underlying 31 behaviors we have outlined that support our culture. Career paths are difficult in small companies but we have a few promotion success stories within the group. We try to keep our wages competitive and I know our benefits are above average for a company of our size. We definitely want to keep our top talent.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

So far so good :)

Sep 16, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Loyaltyworks for over two years now and can say with confidence that if you truly enjoy your job and have the right attitude, LW is a great place to work. The company is fairly small, boasting no more than 35 employees, therefore working for LW can feel like working with family; a family that has your back but isn't afraid to call you out if your actions are harming the company. All families can be a bit zany at times and LW is no exception, but for the most part LW offers a positive and supportive work environment through the ups and downs of corporate life. I would describe the LW family as a diverse, close-knit group of hard-working individuals. Although LW employees work hard we also play hard. LW has a budget for company events including the annual holiday party, Thanksgiving feast, chili cook-off, pumpkin carving contest, and various other potlucks, ice cream socials, etc. throughout the year. These events may not seem like a huge deal but they really do make working for LW fun and enjoyable. The benefits offered (401 K match, wellness program, free gym membership, health insurance, dental insurance, long term disability, flex time, life insurance, paid vacation/personal time, and profit sharing) are a big perk and I consider myself lucky to work for a place that takes such good care of its employees. The company pays for coffee/tea and occasionally offers free lunch when the management team takes turns putting on "lunch and learns" every month. Since LW is an incentive company, good work does not go unrewarded. One example of that would be LW's in-house employee motivation program. The management team can reward employees with points, which can be redeemed for a number of items available through an online rewards catalogue, similar to Amazon, for producing exceptional work. Employees can also nominate each other for going above and beyond via the "All Wall". All nominees are entered into a monthly drawing for a chance to win a respectable amount of points. Despite all that LW has to offer, I can understand how an employee who wasn't right for the job would be unhappy working for LW. The company is not big enough to allow deadbeat employees to go unnoticed; every employee's efforts matter, and weak links in the chain will be addressed. If your mission in life is to skate by in your job and produce mediocre work LW is not the place for you. LW may not be the best fit for everybody but I am truly thankful to be a part of the LW family, and have a feeling that more than a few LW team members share that sentiment.

Cons

Like any job, working at LW can be stressful at times. Employees are held to high standards and are expected to meet deadlines despite last minute projects that may pop up. I have spent some late nights at the office finishing up projects in order to meet deadlines but not too often. Maybe once or twice a month. There aren't too many training opportunities that are readily offered.

President

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I appreciate your input on the things that we can do better with respect to offering more training. A challenge in a lot of companies is that often the company focus on training the job people are doing and not training the job that they could be doing. We hope to address more training opportunities in the future. If you have specific areas you wish to train on, please discuss them with your manager in your catalytic coaching session. Thanks for being a part of the team!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Drinking the Kool-Aid

Sep 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. I was forewarned by others beforehand and should have taken heed. Played out exactly as it was scripted. Shrinking organization and now I know why.

Cons

I took part in meetings whereby upper management took turns playing good cop / bad cop. Never knew who to believe. CEO has the patience of a 2 year old. Fired or ran good people out of important positions who had a differing opinion. Especially if they were of a minority. When I inquired about this, I was told this was because he was "old-school" by the inner circle.

President

Thank you for your review of the company. While I disagree with your post, you are entitled to your opinion. Also, I am not sure when you left the organization but we have had a strong emphasis on the culture and on our employees over the last few years. This is evident in the recent positive posts from our employees who actually love their jobs and the company which is growing and not shrinking as you suggest. I am sorry that you did not fit within the positive culture of the organization.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews