Lucas Group Executive Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Andi Jennings
  1. "Not a fake review"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love this place. Casual, good people, unlimited vacation. You are essentially running your own "micro-business". Great opportunity for anyone who has any entrepreneurial aspirations. Great Compensation Awards and specific target goals to hit promotions, trips, bonuses, etc. Focused mostly on permanent, direct-hire placement (way easier to sell), so it's not your typical "staffing" company. Running a full-desk is great...

Cons

The IT isn't very good. The computers are slow, and MaxHire isn't very fast. The machines run on Citrix, but I think they're looking to make improvements. Bring on BULLHORN! Anyways, as with ANY job in the entire world, your experience is based on who your manager is. Luckily they put a lot of good people in management roles. Most are great and I've heard some aren't that good.

Advice to Management

Would love to see the transition to BullHorn

Lucas Group2016-12-19
  2. "Overall a place to do well"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter

I worked at Lucas Group full-time

Pros

Opportunity to do well. Friendly environment

Cons

Micro Managed from management not in the location

Lucas Group2019-05-02

"Liars"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lucas Group is the worst company to work at and they are liars. Don't believe them. They have no clue They just care about making them rich .

Cons

They very badly need to hire experienced managers that aren't afraid to get their hands dirty . There is no honesty between them and they talk behind each others backs. Do not take a job at Lucas Group until they fire the CEO and clean house. Any one can skate by if you suck up or party with the CEO. HR is mere spectator and they will do nothing .

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO and get some real managers

Lucas Group2019-02-25

Lucas Group Response

March 1, 2019Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. At Lucas Group we pride ourselves on a company culture that promotes both successful work and enjoyable play. We know the fast pace, high expectations and relentless focus on our clients’ ...

4. "Over all great organization"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Addison, TX

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are very consistent. Everything they said in the interview they delivered on. Commission is great when you are making placements. Fun work environment too.

Cons

If you aren’t okay with picking up the phone and making calls don’t work here! Lots of calls. Have to be okay with lots of rejection.

Advice to Management

Management is great and engaging.

Lucas Group2018-03-03

"THE WORST JOB EVER"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing to write because it was the worst experience of my life.

Cons

Backstabbing managers Unethical Monitored 24/7 -they are more concerned with number of calls than quality calls The pay is Horrible Their computers are old and the system is slow as ever/always getting kicked off Their one manger Jamie Hersh talks about everyone behind their back- she is very egocentric and conniving.

Advice to Management

Where do I begin? Implode the company. It is THAT bad.

Lucas Group2017-11-02

"The worst company ever worked with"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The problem is that several people in this office have nasty personalities. While there are some friendly people at Lucas Group, the presence of a few ill-tempered, unpleasant individuals was enough to make me leave.

Cons

Lucas Group is not a good place to work. Good people don’t do not stay for too long and only some who are favored by management stay. It’s a favoritism culture, management sticks together, no real employee help and , employees are treated like laborers.

Advice to Management

You need to do some soul searching on why there is such a high turnover rate in your own company. Would definitely never ever recommend this company to my worst enemy. Why waste my time to advice management, they will never implement change.

Lucas Group2016-12-19

"would not recommend"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Lucas Group for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people at the lower levels. Everyone is supportive and will jump to help you. Office is nice and the initial training was good.

Cons

Someday the Corporate Management (CEO) will eventually understand that the disarray and turnover is not because of your problems but the result of your failure as leaders. It’s disgraceful that you don’t invest your most valuable asset, your RECRUITERS. We get almost no training, horrible technology, lots of administrative work, and incompetent insecure managers.

Advice to Management

Eliminate those who don't know what they're doing which are the leaders especially the CEO, General Manager, and Managing Partner , and they are running this place into the ground. Practice what you preach and develop your own employees, respect and value them and quit spending money on perks and keeping the money for just the managers.

Lucas Group2016-07-27

"It started off really well and it went downward"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time

Pros

Opportunity to learn recruiting. Manager likes you, you may get opportunities (be sure to suck up, come in at 8:30 and don't leave before 5:30, execs do cubicle checks, seriously). Some really nice people.

Cons

The Micromanaging is unnecessary. Abide by the rules that you expect employees to abide by. Make authentic effort to show employees you care or don't be surprised when they look for employment elsewhere like I did. Managers don't care one bit about you except for making them money and some of the management is outdated and some are abusive.General Managers come to office, make money off of employees, leave with their...

Advice to Management

This a two way street with your employees. They need to get as much as they give to the company. Horrible base, bad manager, no support, and outdated technology and database are just not going to cut it. Stop thinking old-school and join the current century. Recruiting has changed and stop telling your employees "When I was a recruiter ". Care your employees!!!!!!

Lucas Group2016-06-03

"Senior Recruiter"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Lucas Group

Pros

Great culture in the manufacturing team in Houston. The team is more like a very welcoming family. The work can be mundane as is all recruiting at times, but no better company to work for on the agency side.

Cons

Draw on salary. That's about it.

Advice to Management

Take away the draw!

Lucas Group2016-01-20

"Sr Executive Search Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

People were great to work with on the marketing team.

Cons

Be prepared to get your own job orders. Its not typical to have any leads handed to you. You must bill a significant amount yearly to continue employment

Advice to Management

Spread the job orders fairly. Why does our Managing Partners get the orders and take a share of the dept?

Lucas Group2016-01-18