Lucas Group Executive Search Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 33 reviews

4.5
Lucas Group CEO Andi Jennings
Andi Jennings
  1. "5-stars from top to bottom"

Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training program - I mean, REALLY EXTENSIVE. Over the first 30 days, they spend a TON of time with you teaching you the business and setting you up for success. It's all up to you to execute.

Cons

This business takes patience. It's a slow sale - you've got to have the patience to scatter seed and not see much of a bloom for a few months. But once the fruit starts to bear, it comes in waves and it'c glorious.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You rock!

Lucas Group2019-07-23

Lucas Group Response

July 25, 2019Management

We truly appreciate your enthusiastic review. We’re happy to hear you have found a career at Lucas Group that provides the training you need to be successful. It is great to know our efforts to create an environment where everyone can grow and prosper are paying off.

"An incredible foundation to recruitment"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Company is super transparent around results, pay, commission, benefits - Performance measurement tools were great motivators eg phone time / volume and weekly check ins -Training is exceptional, focused and continually reinforced -Team was friendly, helpful and engaging -Lots of social activities which made the work environment fun -Incredible amount of tools and resources -Grants you the opportunity to be entrepreneurial...

Cons

The *only* drawback was the earning structure with a draw and the time it takes to build to taking actual earnings in excess of the draw.

Advice to Management

If you could look to either extend the start up period before going into official “draw” mode or look at other financial models would see this as highly beneficial to retain talent long term. But know this - other than this one point - an exemplary example of a preferred employer.

Lucas Group2018-10-11
  3. "Senior Executive Search Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation opportunity, once you've learned your vertical and geographic market. Good training allows you to build a skill set that is valuable in the recruiting and sales field.

Cons

Full desk operations means you have to balance heavy business development/sales responsibilities and deliver on open job requisitions/recruit.

Lucas Group2018-08-26

"Senior Executive Search Consultant"

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collegial, well-structured operation, professional and friendly culture fostering complete transparency among clients and candidates

Cons

Some internal technology challenges which are being remedied

Advice to Management

Hang on to to who you are today. Do not become an all too common casualty of compromising ethics for revenue

Lucas Group2018-05-22

"You can find something better.."

Former Employee - Executive Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lucas Group

Pros

Nice office space. Free coffee. Get to chat with high level executives. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Management sucks. They LOVE to talk about how helpful they are, but in actuality they hide out in their office all day long. My manager sat in his office with the door closed 90% of the time yet talked a HUGE game about how helpful he was. Onboard training was touted as the most groundbreaking, sure-fire training ever seen but what they teach you is common sense. The actual intricacies of the business are learned thru...

Advice to Management

Get out of your office and go get in the trenches with your troops. Get out of your ivory tower and practice what you preach. You clearly churn and burn through employees but you wouldn't have to if you actually did what you said you were going to.

Lucas Group2016-12-08

"AMAZING COMPANY FOR TOP PERFORMERS!"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Paid Well 2. Appreciated 3. Listened to 4. Promotion Opportunities 5. Involved Management 6. Mentored 7. Challenged 8. Work/Life Balance 9. Continuous Training 10. Great colleagues

Cons

Anyone who has complained about the Lucas Group probably did not have good work ethic and was not able to run a full desk.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job! There's a reason why we have the most tenured recruiters!

Lucas Group2016-08-30

"Avoid unless you are desperate"

Former Employee - Executive Search Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Lucas Group

Pros

Decent job if you don't mind working for a company that does not care for it's employees, treats them as idiots, micromanages and oversees constantly, provides no support, poor technology, actively seeks to manage by bashing it's frontline.

Cons

The management team is extremely unprofessional. You will be hounded and held accountable for any and all mistakes you may make while being asked to have high call times and without any support. This will occur while management will spend most of their days hanging over you joking about their wonderful lives yet will actively discourage any conversation among cubical neighbors. The favorites game is played hard...

Advice to Management

If you treated your average employee half as good as you treated your management, employee satisfaction would go way up! The people are the most important part of any business, so take care of them.

Lucas Group2016-09-20
  8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Executive Search Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to Lucas Group from a competitor, and I honestly almost decided recruiting wasn't for me before coming here. There is more work-life balance than other staffing agencies will typically give you, such as unlimited vacation, as long as you prove yourself. Everyone is very supportive and works together well, and I really feel like I could be at the place I finish my career now.

Cons

There isn't a ton of structure, so if you're someone that needs that then you might really need to adapt. Also, the health benefits aren't great.

Lucas Group2016-08-17

"Senior Executive Search Consultant"

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great hours, manager never bothers you, good pay based on performance, crazy fun sales trips, colleagues are cool, great training and I love Amy H. It’s the best training ever.

Cons

If one of us says there's a problem with Maxhire and the network, please actually take note. Or else, you'll be crushing us. Maxhire bites and requires too much manual work Its very messy! IT department is way to defensive, and Bob P. needs to do something about it instead of defending them!

Advice to Management

The IT department needs to changed so you can better manage and run it. Without good technology, we will not be able make calls and bill more. If you don’t fix it, pay for our cell phone bills! Please be more focused on delivery better IT than deflecting!

Lucas Group2016-08-18

"Take care of us"

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Big and stable company 2. Good work/life balance 3. Nice compensation 5. Friendly coworkers 6. commission is paid on time

Cons

1. No motivation 2. Conservative Management 3. Local Manager practice super micromanagement for sales person 4. Favoritism being practiced with leads 5. Practice fear management 6. Low budgeting to help employees improve skills 7. Technology is bad

Advice to Management

1. Conduct a proper evaluation session with yourrecruiters and discuss more about their future career path. 2. Pay more attention to the personal development and training or people will feel that they are not growing 3.Take care of the Recruiters or they will not hesitate to leave for greener pastures. 4. Fix what is broken.

Lucas Group2016-08-16