Lucas Group Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

4.9
Lucas Group CEO Andi Jennings
Andi Jennings
  1. Featured Review

"A Very Different Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture here is amazing! Everyone is so supportive of each other which is refreshing to see compared to other companies where people just want to tear the other person down or not work collaboratively. Lucas Group has a very thorough training program that is very insightful on how to become the best in the industry. Everyone is more than willing to help you if you have a question about anything. The ability...

Cons

The health insurance is rather lacking as far as how good it is. It is more expensive that any other employer I've ever had and the coverage is so-so. The only other con I can think of is that non-recruiters are not allowed the same unlimited vacation policy and only get 2 weeks of PTO that has to accrue first.

Advice to Management

For younger people in the company, it would be great if you offered a student loan repayment assistance program of some sort.

Lucas Group2019-03-20

March 21, 2019Manager

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of Lucas Group and feedback! We work hard to promote both a collegial and successful work environment. It is great to see it reflected in our employees. We are happy to hear your employment here has exceeded your expectations.

2. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well organised and compassionate leadership, good commission scheme,

Cons

As a sales environment you must hot targets but not a bad thing

Lucas Group2019-05-21

May 28, 2019Manager

We are pleased to hear about your positive experience working at Lucas Group - thank you for sharing your feedback!

3. "Great Place that gives you the right tools to be successful"

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Place to work with a really great supportive team. They have a great training program that really sets you up for success. They really allow you to manager yourself and how you spend your time and give you guidance along the way. If you have the time to put in at the front end of your career, you can truly build a network and be successful.

Cons

Draw salary is less than desirable but standard for the industry

Lucas Group2019-04-01

April 2, 2019Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience! We strive to guide our employees in the direction of success and want to provide the tools to do so. We are glad your experience working at Lucas Group aligned with your career goals.

"Brutal corporate culture"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits, a flexibility in terms of hours.

Cons

Working at the Lucas Group is epitome of being a Dilbert cubicle-worker. You are micro-managed and subject to "Performance Improvement Plans" every time you owe draw, which then gets immediately cut by 50%, leaving you with virtually no take-home pay after taxes and medical deductions. Extremely high turn-over. A horrible place to work!

Advice to Management

Treat your "associates" like human beings and team players, not like indentured servants.

Lucas Group2017-11-17
  5. "Accounting Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company and nice perks.

Cons

Work sometimes could be stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Lucas Group2017-05-08

"Sr. Executive Search Consultant"

I worked at Lucas Group

Pros

*Good job if you like to source, you'll source for the Managing Partners/Senior Partners *Central locations generally in newer buildings *Your client may hire you if you do a great job

Cons

*Managing Partners/Seniors will hoard the fill-able jobs *Frequently advertises false/misleading information(Ave. employee tenure is not 7yrs.) *Employees do not start on the same pay-scale/draw (As advertised) *Paid in arrears (Not disclosed upfront) *Compete with your manager(Player/Coach structure) *Competing managers are salaried *Commissions are not disbursed until after the client pays (End of the guarantee...

Lucas Group2016-06-29