Lucas Group Senior Executive Search Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 13 reviews

4.2
Lucas Group CEO Andi Jennings
Andi Jennings

"Senior Executive Search Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collegial, well-structured operation, professional and friendly culture fostering complete transparency among clients and candidates

Cons

Some internal technology challenges which are being remedied

Advice to Management

Hang on to to who you are today. Do not become an all too common casualty of compromising ethics for revenue

Lucas Group2018-05-22

"An incredible foundation to recruitment"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Company is super transparent around results, pay, commission, benefits - Performance measurement tools were great motivators eg phone time / volume and weekly check ins -Training is exceptional, focused and continually reinforced -Team was friendly, helpful and engaging -Lots of social activities which made the work environment fun -Incredible amount of tools and resources -Grants you the opportunity to be entrepreneurial...

Cons

The *only* drawback was the earning structure with a draw and the time it takes to build to taking actual earnings in excess of the draw.

Advice to Management

If you could look to either extend the start up period before going into official “draw” mode or look at other financial models would see this as highly beneficial to retain talent long term. But know this - other than this one point - an exemplary example of a preferred employer.

Lucas Group2018-10-11
  3. "Senior Executive Search Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation opportunity, once you've learned your vertical and geographic market. Good training allows you to build a skill set that is valuable in the recruiting and sales field.

Cons

Full desk operations means you have to balance heavy business development/sales responsibilities and deliver on open job requisitions/recruit.

Lucas Group2018-08-26

"AMAZING COMPANY FOR TOP PERFORMERS!"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Paid Well 2. Appreciated 3. Listened to 4. Promotion Opportunities 5. Involved Management 6. Mentored 7. Challenged 8. Work/Life Balance 9. Continuous Training 10. Great colleagues

Cons

Anyone who has complained about the Lucas Group probably did not have good work ethic and was not able to run a full desk.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job! There's a reason why we have the most tenured recruiters!

Lucas Group2016-08-30

"Senior Executive Search Consultant"

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great hours, manager never bothers you, good pay based on performance, crazy fun sales trips, colleagues are cool, great training and I love Amy H. It’s the best training ever.

Cons

If one of us says there's a problem with Maxhire and the network, please actually take note. Or else, you'll be crushing us. Maxhire bites and requires too much manual work Its very messy! IT department is way to defensive, and Bob P. needs to do something about it instead of defending them!

Advice to Management

The IT department needs to changed so you can better manage and run it. Without good technology, we will not be able make calls and bill more. If you don’t fix it, pay for our cell phone bills! Please be more focused on delivery better IT than deflecting!

Lucas Group2016-08-18

"Take care of us"

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Big and stable company 2. Good work/life balance 3. Nice compensation 5. Friendly coworkers 6. commission is paid on time

Cons

1. No motivation 2. Conservative Management 3. Local Manager practice super micromanagement for sales person 4. Favoritism being practiced with leads 5. Practice fear management 6. Low budgeting to help employees improve skills 7. Technology is bad

Advice to Management

1. Conduct a proper evaluation session with yourrecruiters and discuss more about their future career path. 2. Pay more attention to the personal development and training or people will feel that they are not growing 3.Take care of the Recruiters or they will not hesitate to leave for greener pastures. 4. Fix what is broken.

Lucas Group2016-08-16

"Huge mistake!"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant

I worked at Lucas Group

Pros

Nothing positive to say about the company except we were allowed to wear casual clothes. They only make false promises to you at the time of interviews and once you are in within a year you start feeling lied too.

Cons

EVERYTHING. I had little training except for the first few days, even though I was promised it by Managing Partner. My mentor did nothing but talk bad about our GM and CEO. Past employees, including current employees have nothing but bad things to say about this place The upper management is completely unconcerned with addressing any challenges that the sales team faces. So what happens when you bring something the...

Advice to Management

You have had such amazing people work for you but they leave!!!!! Grow up! Stop kidding yourself that you can run a company - Hand over the baton to someone else while there's still time or sell the company to someone who knows how to run a company like this and is real CEO "Material". The benefits, training, CRM are horrible, and employees come and go daily.

Lucas Group2016-08-01

"Sr Executive Search Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant Executive Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

People were great to work with on the marketing team.

Cons

Be prepared to get your own job orders. Its not typical to have any leads handed to you. You must bill a significant amount yearly to continue employment

Advice to Management

Spread the job orders fairly. Why does our Managing Partners get the orders and take a share of the dept?

Lucas Group2016-01-18
  9. "Lucas Group's HR team is phenomenal!"

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time

Pros

Lucas Group has several specialty practices and among them, the HR team is exceptional; both in collaborating as true business partners with clients as well as pairing high potential candidates with executive roles.

Cons

High level executive recruitment is a 24/7 job, but the culture supports a positive work-life balance.

Lucas Group2014-12-29
  10. "I have received excellent support and access to resources."

Current Employee - Senior Executive Search Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lucas Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great, and very team oriented.

Cons

Commission based compensation is less favorable to me personally.

Lucas Group2012-12-11