Lucid Reviews | Glassdoor

Lucid Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

4.6
Lucid CEO Patrick Comer (no image)
Patrick Comer
  1. Featured Review

"Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Lucid full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Competitive pay - Great benefits and perks - Amazing working environment - Full of brilliant, highly driven individuals which makes for a great source of motivation

Cons

- Easy to get distracted by the view - Fast moving (not necessarily a con but could be intimidating to some!)

Lucid2019-06-27
  2. "Lucid is disrupting the industry!"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Lucid full-time

Pros

Lucid is a high growth company that has advanced the research industry and is about to do the same for ad tech. With healthy revenue, long standing customers and a strong engineering team, Lucid has the vision, talent and backing to continue delivering innovative products. Couple that with the sheer amount of data coming through the marketplace, there is no shortage of opportunity to work on interesting products... that deliver customer value and drive business results. Lucid is a global company, attracting employees from all over the world. Having New Orlean's headquarters keeps the company grounded in its principles and employee experience. Coming to Lucid has been a game changer for my career.

Cons

With any high growth company, change management can be challenging. Luckily Lucid recognizes this and is constantly adopting new ways of including

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you already are!

Lucid2019-10-04
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great People, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Associate in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Lucid full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lucid centers its initiatives around its values. The organization is dynamic, fast-paced, innovative and constantly evolving. Lucid is growing at a very quick pace, meaning there is a lot of room for you to take on a new project, learn a new skill or develop your professional portfolio in an area of interest. Their focus on professional growth and curious learning has made me a stronger professional. The culture... is also fun-loving and encourages collaboration across departments and teams. At the same time, there is a strong emphasis on balancing commitments at work with those outside of the office, and employees are encouraged to use vacation time and work remotely. In addition, Lucid also offers great benefits including competitive salaries, great healthcare benefits, 401k matching, parking stipend, free snacks and more. I could not recommend Lucid highly enough.

Cons

Location - the CBD can be a difficult area to get to and the cost of parking in the area can be pricey. However, this is offset by a commuter stipend.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I appreciate that decisions made at the top are communicated thoroughly to those at levels of the organization and that we are aware of our long-term and short-term goals.

Lucid2019-09-11
  5. "Overall decent company"

Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager

I worked at Lucid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced tech company disrupting an industry.

Cons

Decisions often made on the fly.

Lucid2019-03-19

"Great!"

I have been working at Lucid

Pros

Great culture, great people, great time

Cons

Little pay, little benefits, little money

Lucid2018-09-14

"Limited opportunity; be wary"

I have been working at Lucid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some excellent people work at Lucid. Coffee and breakfast provided, convenient location, and casual dress code

Cons

Unhealthy culture, lack of definition around career trajectories (a.k.a. how to get promoted), hiring externally to fill director or VP level roles rather than promoting internal people

Lucid2018-01-28

"Accounting Manager"

I worked at Lucid full-time

Pros

I loved my time at Lucid. I found most co-workers were very driven while also friendly. You really have the opportunity to make a difference at Lucid. You build your own path. I had a close working relationship within my department. We worked well together and there was always support, so I never felt like I couldn't ask for guidance or help. I was able to help build and improve accounting processes without "red... tape", so my decisions actually made a difference. There were always opportunities to bond with my department and with other departments through team building activities like happy hours, etc. Lucid has a very flexible work environment, including the ability to work at home, generous vacation days and great maternity leave.

Cons

There was sometimes a lack of organization and communication between departments, but I attribute this to the growing pains of a new company, and it was continually improving. This is not the company for you if you do not thrive with a lack of structure and cannot deal with constant change. The continuous change in all aspects of the business can be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the company culture alive as the company grows, which I am sure you will be able to do. I appreciated feeling valuable to the company, even just as an accountant. Remember the accounting department does their best to balance an abundance of financial needs and everyday accounting with management requests, which can be a challenge. Continue to do a great job listening to and responding to employee... feedback.

Lucid2017-12-31

"Challenging but Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Lucid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Lucid has been great. I came from a large company where I was just a number, and I have never felt that at Lucid. It is a fast-paced, challenging environment but coworkers and management are there to support. Management is transparent, new ideas are encouraged, snacks are free, and coworkers are kind. Definitely one of the best places to work in New Orleans.

Cons

Very few cons about the work environment. Parking in the CBD is expensive, however provides a monthly stipend to subsidize employee parking. Also, the office snacks may have caused me to add a few pounds.

Advice to Management

As Lucid grows, continue to be transparent about the growth and direction of the company.

Lucid2017-12-07

"A Horrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Lucid full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a casual dress code. French Quarter parking split between the employee and the company. Good view of downtown and the river from the office.

Cons

No work/life balance. Demanded all of my time, even nights and weekends. Management does not care about staff unless they are generating revenue, including IT and Finance departments. My vacation days requested off almost a year in advance were revoked the week I was to take them. They claim to embrace New Orleans culture but does so only to the extent that Management allows the staff off from work, which is rare.... Culture is geared toward millennials so those of us who are Gen X are considered and treated antiquated, also something contrary to New Orleans culture. Finally, my manager would yell at me in front of the whole staff. This is embarrassing, does not motivate me to do good work and was ignored by the so-called HR department for reasons which I can only speculate. I am a much happier person now that I am working elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Don't ask non-sales people to generate revenue. Some of us chose not to be in sales for a reason.

Lucid2017-12-06

"Great company w"

I worked at Lucid

Pros

The team atmosphere and exciting things that the company is doing make Lucid a very attractive place to work. It is a very open environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and share their ideas, regardless of what level of employee they are. Management is kind and understanding but it is also very fast paced and you are expected to be prepared and to make contributions.

Cons

Very few cons of working at Lucid - especially compared to anything it can be compared to in New Orleans. If you are looking for a place that you can stay for many years, this isn't it. Lucid is a place where you go and contribute and learn what you can and then move on to whatever your next venture is. As they say, nobody works here forever. So for those that are looking for a very permanent position and don't want... to move companies over next 5-10 years, this is not the place.

Lucid2016-10-10