Lucidworks Reviews | Glassdoor

Lucidworks Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2019

4.6
Lucidworks CEO Will Hayes (no image)
Will Hayes
  1. "Growing Company, Bright Future"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Lucidworks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of remote work options, modernizing legacy software, leader in field for search

Cons

Not a startup anymore - turning into a big company with associated processes and growing pains. As long as you know that going in, great place to work.

Advice to Management

Don't forget what got you here, keep focus on people even though things need to change in order to hit next phase of growth.

Lucidworks2019-07-29

"Truly an inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Lucidworks full-time

Pros

The people The culture The values The leadership It was during my phone interview that I learned the Lucidworks values and decided that I would become a Lucidworks' employee given the opportunity. The values are not the typical, marketed values that have become standard at many companies; although they are great values! With values like: Honor people, Break the bottle, and Be willing it showed me that these... were not words to throw up on a wall or to simply create hashtags for, it meant something to the leadership team. I am a working parent and my family is my number 1 priority; it is a great feeling to know that my employer understands that and values family as a top priority too. My manager knows my children's ages and names and asks about them whenever we speak.

Cons

As with any company there will always be growth opportunities. Lucidworks is growing tremendously as has your typical growing pains. We are currently putting in place processes across the disciplines. If you are someone that can look at a chaotic picture, and see something beautiful that you want to be part of creating then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your talent and doing what you're doing! Lucidworks ROCKS!

Lucidworks2019-06-10

"Committed to being a "Destination Employer""

Current Employee - Chief People Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lucidworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic vision and people to back it. Healthy, respectful, inclusive work environment. Big opportunity and a challenging (= satisfying) path to get there.

Cons

Can't move fast enough...we're in one of "those moments" where so much is possible.

Advice to Management

Continue leading with vision and values. Trust the path: this is what it feels like when you hit a tipping point.

Lucidworks2019-04-01

"Witness Exciting Growth"

I have been working at Lucidworks full-time

Pros

- Exciting time to be at the Company and witness all of the awesome logos that are adopting the technology - Work with the some of the most brilliant and genuine colleagues. Family-like atmosphere - Very few 'pigeon holed' positions. Everyone wears multiple hats to get things done, which is great for personal growth - Senior leadership is innovative, down to earth, and top tier in their respective domains

Cons

- Company still adopting fairly basic process improvements & technologies/software - Typical scaling/growing pains

Lucidworks2019-03-13

"Rare SF unicorn employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lucidworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting product, Engaging culture, Satisfying environment, Fulfilling work. CEO has inspiring vision People officer is creating a utopia Chief architect is a genius

Cons

Common rapid-growth growing pains CPO/Chief Engineer are struggling to execute

Advice to Management

Increase frequency and type of communication from execs to employees.

Lucidworks2019-03-01

"A Culture Like No Other"

Former Employee - Search Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lucidworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

* You get to work with some truly wonderful people * You get to work with cutting edge search technologies. * You get to be a part of a truly awesome culture.

Cons

* Occasional struggles with work-life balance

Advice to Management

With such a great team, such an outstanding group of people, I think the biggest challenge -- as with any growing and successful company -- is to be able to balance life and work.

Lucidworks2018-10-30

"Impressive management"

Former Employee - Engagement Manager

I worked at Lucidworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Professionalism - Transparency - Leading edge search technology

Cons

Perhaps too much reliance on remote operations (as opposed to face-to-face)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! B

Lucidworks2018-11-04

"Unpredictable and not enough stability"

I have been working at Lucidworks full-time

Pros

A decent company with a well-poised product. They've found their niche in the search market, and are hugely capitalizing on their offering.

Cons

Think they hit the yearly revenue target in a quarter, got $50 million in venture capital investments, and then went ahead and laid off a large batch of employees !! I don't understand how this benefits the company. Doesn't sound like a good omen for the future, to be honest. Maybe too much reliance on remote or off-shore employees.

Lucidworks2018-11-12

"Culture, Ambition, Talent, and Equality"

Current Employee - Chief People Officer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lucidworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's inspiring to be with a group of people who share a vision and find effective, collaborative ways of working together to achieve it. I admire how politics-free and mutually supportive this team is (and works hard to remain). A healthy, balanced environment where leadership works to (a) help people identify and remove obstacles and (b) use their commitment here to learn, grow, and build skills that support future... growth.

Cons

Intense! We're in a "drink from the fire hose" phase where there's a lot we want to do. Since we've grown fast in the past few years our infrastructure is still catching up with our ambition. We'll get that right but at the moment we're feeling some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Led by Will, who balances vision and drive with humility, respect, and genuine CARE for all in the Lucidworks community, we're on path to build an exceptional culture that supports a diverse team in contributing great results.

Lucidworks2018-08-21

"Passionate about Search"

I worked at Lucidworks full-time

Pros

Bright, motivated employees working in a culture that values collaboration. A company founded on being technically adept and innovative. Will Hayes, the CEO, sets the tone of the company's culture: he's excited about the business, approachable, and celebrates everyone's contributions.

Cons

Lucidworks is growing rapidly, driven by strong demand for its flagship Fusion product. As you'd expect, there are growing pains.

Advice to Management

Growth brings a lot of pressure to add people. Lucidworks doesn't need to compromise when hiring and should always select the best.

Lucidworks2018-08-01