Lucky 13 Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lucky 13 Consulting President John Bossung
John Bossung

"Overall, a great company and great opportunity to begin a career."

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are quick and huge opportunities for growth. There is generous commission and opportunity and expectations for $300 in bonuses each week.

Cons

No benefits until you are promoted

Advice to Management

Continue doing a great job of working hard and playing hard.

Jun 16, 2014 – President

It's always good to see our employees enjoying their stay here.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Waukesha, WI

Pros

No pros to working here

Cons

John the owner was an absolute pig. No genuine business qualities
    Net profit of $10 every week after gas.

Advice to Management

Shut down your "company"

"Enjoyable"

Former Employee - Administrative in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Lucky 13 Consulting part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a position that you are always being trained and learning. Also the owner is very big on giving feed back which helps you grow and also understanding about needing time off.

Cons

For me there weren't any.

Advice to Management

None. John was one of my favorite supervisors.

Jun 16, 2014 – President

We wish our former employees well. Glad we could be a good stop on the career path.

"Great people, these guys are serious about what they do but have fun doing it!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people make this company. Compensation is good but the relationships are even better. Great culture to work in.

Cons

As with any consulting business, most of the cons come from dealing with client expectations. Plus its in Milwaukee, which might seem bad at first but it's actually a really cool city.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

May 27, 2014 – President

We appreciate the feedback our employees are giving us.

"Lucky to have found this company"

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun but challenging work environment that stresses personal and professional development. I've been lucky enough to learn so much since I started working here. The advancement opportunities here are unmatched from what i saw on all my other interviews.

Cons

Hard work. (hope that's not a problem for you)
    This is not a typical 9-5 but that's because there is an actual future with this firm.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job. Having a hands on approach with the employees is so important. My first day i saw the managing partner go out in the field to train one of the newer reps. I've NEVER seen that at any other job I've ever had.

"Great Sales Experience"

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job gives great sales experience. The system is so easy to learn and utilize that anyone with a good work ethic and attitude can succeed. This is a great job for those who want entry level sales experience, as well as for those who are looking to own their own business in the future.

Cons

If you do not have the drive to work hard and and push yourself to become better, this job is not for you. The hours are long, but worth it. If you have a poor work ethic, this will be a difficult job.

May 27, 2014 – President

We appreciate the feedback that our employees are giving us.

"Great team environment with the opportunity for advancement."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working together as a team is really helpful. Everyone was on the same page so the support given was appreciated. It was nice to have a training program laid out in writing so I knew what to expect and what was expected of me each day. Anyone looking for advancement to eventually running your own branch, this is the place to start.

Cons

You must be determined and self motivated. If you are not a hard worker, need not apply.

Advice to Management

Management was extremely helpful since they also started entry level and progressed. I'm leaving to further my education and get my masters.

Mar 11, 2014 – President

We are pleased to see that our employees past and present were able to gain some experience that will help them in the future.

"Real World MBA"

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've learned more here in the 8 weeks I've been working here than I did in the 2 years I spent at my last job. Learning the in's and out's of sales, marketing and general business has been more valuable that I could have imagined. I now see why there motto is that this is a real world MBA program.

Cons

Newsflash..... THIS IS HARD WORK. Anything worth having is worth working hard for. It seems like some people forget that

Advice to Management

Please continue to provide an amazing environment for people to learn and grow in.

May 27, 2014 – President

We are pleased to see the progress that our employees are making since they started here.

"Horrible! Do Not Work Here! Please Read!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ONLY pro is that you gain some sales experience for your resume

Cons

Very low pay. I was one of the top people in the office and I didn't even make $30,000 a year. You will work more than 40 hours a week. You have to pay for your own gas and don't get reimbursed. They will almost make you go on business trips where you will drive your own car pay for your own gas and food while there. They put you in probably the cheapest hotel/motel there. You will most likely share a bed with some other employee. You will probably make more money working a minimum wage job 40 hours a week because this is commission based and you have to pay for your own gas which gets VERY expensive. You have to have a reliable car because you drive all day everyday and put TONS of miles on your car. The boss is very sneaky with his words. When I was working there he made me go on glassdoor.com and write a good review about the company so more people would come it to interview, and he said I couldn't leave until I did it. So a lot of the good review reviews about this company were from people that were working here at the time and were almost forced to write a good review.

Advice to Management

Quit being so sneaky.

Mar 17, 2014 – President

We feel badly that this employee didn't have the desired career here at Lucky 13. Clearly this was not a good fit and we wish this person good luck with their future career choices.

"Fantastic opportunity for those with strong work ethic, great real-world experience in a supportive learning environment"

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Highly specific training program centered around your growth, development, and understanding. The company makes sure you feel comfortable and supported throughout your training period

-Fun, energetic, unique work environment. The people are positive, funny, collaborative, and supportive. The job is NOT an office job! No sitting at a desk, no being shut indoors all day, I love the fact that you're out in a new area every day seeing new people!

-Every day is a new experience. This job is not a routine, same-old same-old job day in and day out. Every day you are in the field seeing new businesses and meeting new people, from small 3-4 person shops to large corporate business parks, it's great to see all of the different aspects of business and to be able to interact with business owners on a daily basis. It really gives you a dual sense of being able to accomplish your daily goals by "working" but also allowing you to absorb and understand the world of business that much better.

-Independence in a team-based environment. While the job is highly collaborative (a pro), there is also a great deal of time spent working alone. This is great to help develop that sense of work ethic, persistence, and motivation to continue carrying on in any aspect of your life. It also really helps to have days now and then where you are off on your own sort of "being your own boss" for a few hours. The team-based environment is also great: every morning you start with team activities to get you "warmed up" and feeling positive and confident about the day, and every evening no matter what happened throughout the day, every single person at the office is positive, upbeat, picking up people who had bad days and celebrating people who had good days. Completely team-centered environment with NO DRAMA!

-Incredible opportunity. This job is GREAT for those with little to no business experience. Great for those who are changing careers or even those who have been involved in business. The company works extensively with you to help you understand every aspect of the "business" at each level and offers you the unique opportunity to one day be an owner within the company! Every senior member in the company started out at entry-level, so there is never a feeling of wasted potential or opportunity. If you have the work ethic to stick it out, you will make it to owner! That's what's really great about this company: you don't need a business degree or any special certifications or qualifications to one day run your own branch and become your own boss, you just need to work hard and have a student mentality!

-Supportive environment. EVERYONE in the company is invested in you and your growth, this is not a job where you will just start and feel neglected or responsible for your own development. There is a complete sense of family and team here where you can feel entirely comfortable asking questions, admitting you don't know certain things, and you know that you someone will help you reach clarity. You never feel like you are on your own, you can ask anyone to help you with anything and they will do it. They really make you feel welcomed and valued within the company.

Cons

-Long hours. This job is NOT your standard 9-5 show-up-go-home type of job. You will be required to be there early in the morning and some nights you may end up staying late. Those who are looking for a "set" schedule of hours may want to look elsewhere. Those looking for an incredible business opportunity who aren't afraid to work a few extra hours a day, this is for you. One thing about this job is that most of it is what you make it. You get to make your day as fun, energizing and exciting as you want. You also have to realize that your time is an investment. If you truly believe the opportunity that exists with this company and you want to become a business owner, put in the work now to reap the benefits later.

-Discipline and Work Ethic REQUIRED, NOT OPTIONAL. Those who are looking for a routine, task-based job should look elsewhere. This is a job where the work we do is not necessarily hard, but doing what we do on a consistent basis is. You will be required to be out on your own for a good portion of your time with the company, and you will be expected to maintain certain standards of performance. Those who do not work well in an unsupervised environment or who do not have the strongest sense of self-discipline may not find this job appealing. You will not be successful here if you do not have high level of work ethic. This is a job that requires you to be functioning at 100% every single minute of every day.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job of interacting with new employees and trainees to make them feel like you care about their growth and development and make them feel welcome in the company!

May 27, 2014 – President

We are pleased to see such a positive experience from our employees.