Lucky Orange Reviews | Glassdoor

Lucky Orange Reviews

Updated 11 Mar 2019

Found 4 reviews

5.0
  1. "Dream job with amazing ownership that truly cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Lucky Orange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Until I found Lucky Orange, I thought work was something you did to pay the bills, not something you got to truly enjoy. Forget the corporate politics or worrying each day that your start-up has run out of funds and just come to work to help others make their businesses better. With a team of great people, owners who want everyone to succeed and new projects to work on at all times, the work week flies by before... you know it. Just when you think it can't get any better, you get free lunch, a Nintendo Switch for break time in the office or even a day away from the office to have some fun with the rest of the team. The people at the company truly become your family and all of it makes for an experience I would hope everyone gets an opportunity to have at least once during their working career.

Cons

Nothing I can think off... I guess, if you are a person that needs your day structured for you, then this might not be the place for you. Management gives you the freedom to get your work done and trusts that you will organize your day in the best way to do so.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the work environment that you continue to foster. I would not change anything you have done so far and if you continue along this path, there will be many more people that will get to enjoy being a part of Lucky Orange as much as I have.

Lucky Orange2019-03-11

"Fast-growing company and great people to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Lucky Orange full-time for less than a year

Pros

Trust - One of the best things about Lucky Orange is that you have the trust of the leadership and the other team members from day one. People trust you to be accountable to your work and don't micromanage your day. Work/life balance - It's not just a cliched saying a Lucky Orange. They really value their employees being happy and being able to have a well-balanced life. Great team - The people at Lucky... Orange are pretty awesome. Everyone is willing to pitch in to help their teammates out. I also like that everyone has a seat - and a voice - at the table. From customer service, to sales, to developers, to UX, to marketing - everyone gets a say and can help shape the future of the company. Great benefits - It's a huge perk that as a small business Lucky Orange can offer its employees 401k match and that they pay 100% of the insurance premium for the employee.

Cons

The only con is that the office is an open floor plan. If you're someone who needs quiet to work, you'll just have to adapt with some noise canceling headphones or grabbing some time in a conference room to get your heads-down work done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I've worked in workplaces where the culture was pretty toxic. That's definitely not the case at Lucky Orange. It's clear the leadership team cares about their employees and is always thinking of ways to create a fun and energetic workplace from new benefits (a paid vacation to the location of your choosing after your four-year anniversary!) to fun team outings and getting the team... together to play Smash Bros. on a daily basis.

Lucky Orange2019-02-07

"Very smart people who love what they do"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Lucky Orange full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Lucky Orange was inspiring. I really enjoyed the engagement everyone had with their work, and everyone was always open to ideas about the best way of accomplishing any given task. The owners bent over backwards to make sure everyone felt included and respected, and to make sure their employees' path was clear of obstacles so they could do their best work. Lucky Orange is a kind hearted, hard working crew.... I also felt like I learned a lot working there.

Cons

I can't really think of many downsides. I was honestly sorry to leave, but for complicated outside reasons it was important for me to take another path.

Advice to Management

You got this. Keep it up.

Lucky Orange2018-09-29

"Yes, It Really Is The Best StartUp in KC"

I have been working at Lucky Orange full-time

Pros

Lucky Orange makes it easy to love your job again. There's no gossip/office politics, vacation is unlimited (and encouraged), and the atmosphere is just fun. I mean, the founders themselves aren't locked away like typical upper management and instead treat each employee as valued, respected assets. I can see why Lucky Orange was voted one of the best startups of KC.

Cons

There are so real downsides to working at Lucky Orange. The pay is on-par with what I was paid in a corporate job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Thanks for treating your employees like humans with families and lives outside of work.

Lucky Orange2017-02-10