Lucor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen P. Conway

1. "Rough work but character building advancements w patience"

Current Employee - Associate in Madison, TN
    Current Employee - Associate in Madison, TN

I have been working at Lucor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company gave me a chance with no experience or previous knowledge about cars. Was a courtesy tech for about 4 mnonths before basically being thrown blondly into position i was hired origionally for only bc of previous full time Customer Service Advisor finally getting terminated and taken off schedule after five weeks of no call no show. I had a lot of support from coworkers and excelled into Agm(Assst gen mgr) in less than a yr. Also recieved $1.75 in raises in 11months.

Cons

Long, gruelling hrs in hot or frigid temps. No ins benefits that are affordable. No sick day, etc. Half off for emp. Discount, bonus incentive but bonus is always being toyed with. More bonus earned less actually pd due to one excuse or other. Only way to make money is overtime which is loosely given to full time employees

Advice to Management

Jiffy lube international should investigate lucor and way employees are treated.

2. "Treated unfairly because I'm a woman."

Current Employee - CSA in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - CSA in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Lucor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is alright. There's good opportunities if you apply yourself. You definitely can learn a lot of this from other employees.

Cons

Some gso's are very unfair towards the women employees. I've been with company almost a year. Where I am now the manager has dropped my hours from 20 a week to 9. I have most of my certifications all except ASE. The manager won't let me perform inspections, nor do brake jobs if we get them. I went to school for automotive. I try to communicate with him to work out the issues and I'm ignored, like my opinions or concerns do not matter. I'm very upset with this company. I'm a hard worker and very dedicated to the company. We are all there for a pay check, but I'm more here for the company to help it grow. I've learned so much from other GSO's and I'd like to soon be made an assistant manager. I've been trained, but because I'm a female I've been given a run around story.

Advice to Management

Treat people equal. This is supposed to be an EOE establishment. Please please stop hiring people just get out of jail. Too many thefts happen.

3. "GSO"

Current Employee - General Sales and Operations Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - General Sales and Operations Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Lucor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Money made by bonus not by salary

Cons

Lack of work/life balance is totally absent

Advice to Management

Learn to take care of your employees, a bonus is not a raise

5. "It's ok at times but under lots of pressure....."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Lucor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you get a good store and have experience maintaining a lube shop you'll be ok.

Cons

If your put in a crappy store your put on a time line to turn the store around or you'll be back on the unemployment line..

Advice to Management

Pumping information into employees and cracking whips down the ladder to the low hard workers just turn prospects away, I've had the opportunity to work for another franchise and the focused on customers and employees with the same level. They treated me like family..here (at Lucor )it seems were soldiers..

6. "General Manager,Service Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Lucor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work on vehicles of all types and friendly customers

Cons

Corporation, only cars about hitting budget. Bad about store maintenance and tools. Pay structure is too low to get good employees for a long period of time. Judged by a district or regional manager and moved and used like chess pieces.

Advice to Management

Train your managers better, treat your employees better, maintain your facilities better.

7. "It's just a job"

Current Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

It's the 2nd largest franchisor for Jiffy Lube. The location is awesome, 2 hours from the mountains and an hour from the ocean. The stability of the company is very good, seems to have deep pockets. The people that work for us are some of the best in the industry. We take care of the customer.

Cons

The hours, the add-on work every week. Upper management needs to rein in some of the expenses paid, ie: Regional managers living 300-400 miles away from the actually area they work in, and flying them back and forth. They should live close to their job.

Advice to Management

Learn to control your upper management expenditures

8. "Review"

Pros

Opportunity to adavnace, often faster then people should

Cons

No appreciation for hard work

Advice to Management

Hear the phrase take care of your people often, actually need to do it

9. "GSO"

Pros

Working on cars. Great training with computer based information exept being trained by current managers.

Cons

Bad if you're an MIT (manager in training), If you don't have any experience with cars,you're screwed! Hostile environment. People there think and expect you to know everything right of the bat. As for me, this was by far the worst experience training as a manager of my life. My manager was supposed to be my mentor, but was cocky, rude, and unprofessional. Come in and expect to stand 12 hours a day. come in and work for 60 hours a week, then they'd pay you for 40. You would never have time for your family. Dont expect a restful night!!

Advice to Management

Please Please Please make the managers who train soon to be managers coming in be professional, a type of mentor that they can look up to.A type of person that can get along with almost any type of personality.
     Not just someone who's arrogant and cocky that feels like he knows everything. Ask the MITs how they were treated. These are going to be your new leaders, and learning from people like that would make your company look bad.

10. "Frustrating"

Pros

Casual environment. Pay is okay.

Cons

Rules apply for some but not others. Lack of training. No room for growth. Benefits are lacking.

11. "Stressful"

Current Employee - General Sales and Operations Manager
    Current Employee - General Sales and Operations Manager

I have been working at Lucor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work with many people that want to learn and grow. If you are what is called a Lube Tech, you can be promoted quite rapidly due to turnover.

Cons

Very little support. Two catch phrases used a lot :" Let them quit, we'll hire more", and "what have you done for me this month?" Starting pay is still $7.25.

Advice to Management

Learn how to take care of and how to treat all employees, long term and new employees.