KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 80 of over 99 reviews

3.7
Ludia President and CEO  Alex Thabet
Alex Thabet
Pros
  • "Stress free work environment - Nice people(in 7 reviews)

• "Large lounge with couches and bean bags(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Just like in video games, low salary(in 4 reviews)

• "end up working(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice company to work in

Aug 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most people I worked with and I think that there's a healthy culture among teams overall, its easy to work with people. Management cares a lot about people's wellness and work-life balance. Never did overtime and if it happens to teams, its usually planned to be minimized as much as possible. The culture is in the middle between a startup and a big company, so there will be room if you want to learn new skills and take more responsabilities.

Cons

Pay can be below average compared to competition for juniors depending on the role. Just as any other game studios, there's turnover and it can make the job more difficult depending on your team's situation.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work at

Jul 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Encouraging environment. 2. You will definitely meet creative people. 3. You will work with cutting edge technology 4. Flexible work timing.

Cons

1. Work from home was a challenge( At least when I used to work) 2. Gets challenging for a person who does not speak french to get acquainted to the atmosphere.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Employees a priority

Jul 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Truly cares for their employees -Awesome perks and benefits -Exciting projects -Competent colleagues -Responsive management and HR -Well organized internally

Cons

-Lower salaries in comparison to other studios -Communication between teams could be improved

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Nice place

Jun 9, 2021 - Animator in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work, good benefits, fun team, no rush

Cons

Salary was a bit low, I think they changed with pandemic, games a bit boring (Match-3)

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An amazing place to work and grow as individual but also as a team member!

May 5, 2021 - Support Worker in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication, great people to work with, care about everybody, nice perks and benefits, real possibility to grow

Cons

No cons for me, even if we can always improve

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Head IT

Jun 27, 2021 - VP-IT in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

work environment is also good and fine

Cons

salary environment is also good and fine

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ludia's Pre-retirement Life

Apr 23, 2021 - Developer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Ludia for several years and I'll be trying to be objective with my review. + My colleagues are amazing. They are nice and super friendly. You can find a lot of good people there. + Even though Ludia works with licences only, projects are pretty descent and it's kinda fun to work with big franchises. + It's a great place to start your career (but not continue lol) + No stress, no overtimes, nothing bad and frustrating happens. Because there is nothing happens at all at Ludia.

Cons

One person said that it was a bunch of people who lived pre-retirement life - and I literally can't say better, bravo! I am thinking about living Ludia soon. To be honest the whole experience has been like a waste of time because working here is quite of upsetting negative experience. People here prefer wasting time over getting things done and been real professional. Also dude if you are real professional, well, I don't recommend you going here because you are going to waste your talents and it's not going to be appreciated much. And I am not surprised that there are so many negative feedbacks. I can actually confirm all of them because it happened to me as well. So please guys if you don't want to waste your years and if you don't want to stop growing as a professional - think first before joining it. Your talent will die here.

3 people found this review helpful

Ludia Response

Communications Advisor

Dear Ludian, thank you for your review and honest feedback ! We are taking your comments very seriously and have shared it internally. Since you are still working at Ludia, do not hesitate to talk to your manager/HR Business Partner to share this feedback in more details with them directly or to use our OfficeVibe platform if you are more comfortable to share it anonymously. As you know at Ludia, we do our best to be open and to receive any kind of feedback, so sharing it with us directly will also help us improve as a company! Have a great day !

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Inclusive work environment. Great care to employees

May 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance, great projects, attentive management

Cons

Creative environment can lead to lots of changes

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Messy Management, below-market compensation

Apr 15, 2021 - Technical Lead in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, acceptable salary, decent benefits. Working towards flexible work arrangements. Employee Safety is put first.

Cons

Terrible management, sub-par compensation package. Currently limited flexible work arrangement (expected to improve).

2 people found this review helpful

Ludia Response

Communications Advisor

Thank you for your honest feedback on our company. We are taking your comments very seriously and have shared it internally. Regarding the global compensation package though, we would like to assure you that we review on a yearly basis the salary and benefits according to the market to stay well aligned with our industry. We also always encourage our employees to share with us any feedback as we are aware that our Ludians population’s needs evolve in time. And thank you for mentioning our FLEX program! It will be deployed very soon indeed, giving our employees a 100% flexibility to work from home or from the office!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Cool place

Feb 26, 2021 - Senior Animator in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very respectful, good benefits and salary

Cons

So far so good, nothing to say so far

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Reviews