Lularoe Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
DeAnne Stidham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "work from home, set my own hours" (in 37 reviews)

• "Meet new people while working there" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Home office spent some time getting their feet under them" (in 34 reviews)

• "Very hard to do this as well as work a full-time job" (in 27 reviews)

"I love everything about this place"

Current Employee - N/A in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in Corona, CA

I have been working at Lularoe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, the ownership, the unity and what we do and WHY we do it is the very reason i will never leave LuLaRoe. Anyone should feel so lucky to be here.

Cons

Rapid growth, needing more GREAT people on the bus. Growing pains to growth.

Advice to Management

Look for way to pay your people fairly and show better value to those on your teams. Be a servant leader and fill the needs of those you serve. Even if that mean financially.

"It is a pretty decent job. Not very hard at all. Not your typical warehouse job as well."

Current Employee - Quality Control Lead in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Control Lead in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Lularoe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, full 40hrs, all holidays paid, lots of time off, and easy work.

Cons

Double standard, unfair management, raises are VERY rare, over staff

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your people. Not only regular warehouse associate, but as well as leads and upper management. All of your leads lie in the culture training and associates are afraid to speak upon their leads. The leads also lack in leadership skills. There is a lot to fix. With very little time.

"Ok"

I have been working at Lularoe part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and work from home

Cons

Low inventory vs client demand

"Unfortunate How Things Have Gone"

I worked at Lularoe part-time

Pros

Connections made with customers and (some) of your fellow retailers.

Cons

Beginning this venture with the mindset that the Home Office is looking out for the retailers. Make no mistake - the RETAILER is the Home Office's customer. They use some pretty clever tactics to make sure they get the most out of their retailers while convincing you they only care about sales to the end consumer. This is not the case - they are just worried about selling product to you, the retailer. And please don't believe the phrase, "your own business." You by no means have your own business if you are required to follow their rules (pricing, etc.).

Advice to Management

You have got to take care of the people who went out of business and are owed their refunds. I took a major loss selling my remaining inventory because I knew that you would not hold up your end of the contract stating you would refund 90% of what I returned. Heck, a loss is better than you getting to keep the inventory that I paid for, not refund me, and then turn around and use it as a write off or sell it to another unsuspecting retailer for a second profit. Nope.

"Awful"

Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at Lularoe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The inventory is comfortable and cute. It does have a following, so you will sell your inventory. Prices are relatively fair.

Cons

Corporate is run by unqualified morons. Patrick is the only one there worth a damn. Hire real qualified professionals instead of gifting jobs to family. They can't figure out their product launches, so they launch a new line and only half the consultants are able to purchase the product. The other half get screwed. They don't allow you to run your own business, there's a million ridiculous rules you need to follow. They refuse to get up to date so you can't even have your own website. They favor the larger retailers and could honestly care less about the smaller consultants. They take zero responsibility when they screw up. They shove their religion down your throats. It's a cult. Seriously, it's a cult run by unqualified morons.

Advice to Management

Hire people that are qualified instead of putting family in positions. When you cap a new launch, cap it at a reasonable number so that everyone can stock up.

"WORST PLACE TO WORK"

I have been working at Lularoe full-time

Pros

Some of the people that you meet are pretty cool.

Cons

They drown you with rules that only apply to the employees and not managment when they're the one ones the break every single one. With the behavior of the management I cant see this company lasting too much longer, being a manager and fmc means you have the power to pick on the people you dont like instead of making a difference. The warehouse isn't sanitized and to make it worse they have two restrooms for over 350 persons.

Advice to Management

Hire new management

"Fashion Consultant"

Former Employee - Fashion Consultant
    Former Employee - Fashion Consultant

I worked at Lularoe (Less than a year)

Pros

Can’t think of a dang thing at this point in time, hmmmm, still thinking. Thinking, thinking, thinking of a 20 word minimum for this portion of the review. Nope, nothing.

Cons

Literally everything. Cancelled my business in August, it is now May and I am still waiting for my refund from the inventory I returned to them in December.
    August-December was a waiting game on LLR’s schedule and nothing has changed.
    LuLaRoe is getting “interest free loans” by withholding many consultants refunds after they have sent everything back and items have been processed.
    If they are a debt free company, why does it take 10+ months to fully cancel your contract & receive your refund? Hold times for consultants in cancellation are over 3 hours (as I write this now waiting on hold for that long for the third day in a row for no one to answer).

Advice to Management

Get better systems in place. Treat the people who invested thousands of dollars in this “business” a better call center with shorter hold times so that they can sell their stuff. If they have to wait on hold for hours, when do they have time for pop-ups and their families?

"Mlm"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Lularoe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excitement opening orders to see patterns

Cons

Horrible drama associated with other sellers.

Advice to Management

Make cute stuff.

"Fashion Consultant"

Former Employee - Fashion Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Fashion Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Lularoe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are told that you run your own business when in actuality you are at the mercy of ever changing rules.

Cons

The owners say whatever they think will draw in more money (new investors) regardless of the factual truth.

Advice to Management

Hire real professionals. Fire family. Stop favoring top sellers. Stop lying to consultants. Issue refunds when your wrong. Figure out how to match your warehouse with the seasons. Learn to spell. Study english. Sell Mark's $4 worth of cars and pay the people you owe. Stop breaking laws. Temper down your greed. Accept responsibility. Get counseled on narcissism.

"Ugly Patterns, Greedy CEO's Expensive prices"

I have been working at Lularoe part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, it is possible to work two jobs

Cons

Can't pick your own patterns
    Ugly patterns never sell unless deeply discounted
    CEO try to come off as if they care but it is all about the money for them

Advice to Management

Get someone else to decide patterns
    Revamp your styles