KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lulu.com Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2022

Found 75 of over 80 reviews

3.3
Lulu.com CEO Robert Young (no image)
Robert Young

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I don't really have anything to add to the company. It was a great experience when I worked there.

Cons

More of a personal thing I felt like my growth was being stagnant there. So I had to make some changes to advance my career.

2. 5.0

Learning how to fly.

May 27, 2021 - Customer Experience in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ample opportunity for growth. People here care about inclusion in the workplace. Folks want to see success in others, not just themselves. The SaaS mindset of the company is getting better. New office right next to Boxyard.

Cons

Still working on the shift to where this company wants to go and it’s slow at times. Resources are thin.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lulu is a purpose-driven community of professionals who remember to have fun.

Dec 26, 2020 - Junior Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lulu is a place where professionals can grow. I am constantly inspired by my colleagues and the creators/authors/professionals we support. Every colleague I've collaborated with at Lulu has always treated me with dignity and respect. This is going to sound corny but I wake up every morning super excited! I believe the work I do is impactful and I'm always learning a lot. Lulu lets me work from home when I need to. Lulu provides snacks and encourages folks to take a breather if they need it. I know that I will always be grateful for my experience at Lulu. Also, I have made connections at Lulu that will stand the test of time. I'm confident in Lulu's business initiatives because decisions are backed by data. For the same reason, I'm confident Lulu will continue to grow and innovate.

Cons

At this time, I cannot think of anything I don't like about working for Lulu. If I do have a concern or complaint, I'm lucky to have management who I can talk to.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Lulu is a company that cares

Dec 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lulu cares about employees and values them. Management listens to suggestions and takes action to improve. The People team is constantly looking for ways to make Lulu better company to work at.

Cons

Growth opportunities can be scarce, but if you are patient and work hard, the right opportunity will come by.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Development Renaissance

Aug 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A few year's ago Lulu went thru a change in technical leadership from the CTO all the way down. That leadership has brought in many progressive DevOps oriented concepts and has delivered several new modern products built upon a cloud hosted micro-service platform. The future is bright for Lulu.com!

Cons

None that I've seen so far

1 person found this review helpful

Lulu.com Response

VP Marketing

SO bright, we gotta wear shades! Thanks for the review!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I'm so pleased with my job

Apr 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since November 2015 I’m on and off working for Lulu, decided to start working full time for them in September 2016. The work has to be done, but it can be done in a cool environment with lots of cool co-workers, lots of personal input to get it done and on the side, enormous stock of snacks and drinks for everyone to grab. The full focus is keeping production time into the set boundaries so authors will get their book(s) in time

Cons

From my point of view there is little to nothing to complain, I enjoy going to work and that’s all that counts

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Place to Work

Apr 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment, good culture, wonderful people, great place to cut your teeth in the technology space. If you put in the time and effort Lulu will help get your career off the ground.

Cons

Office location (Morrisville - RTP) Not the highest salaries when compared to other companies with similar positions High turnover

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

My Personal Experience of Working at Lulu Press inc for 6 Months

Apr 13, 2017 - Global Fulfillment Print Support QA in Morrisville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lulu is not your typical office environment. From the floor plan to the amenities I can tell thought has been put into keeping everyone comfortably in touch with each other and this makes for a pleasant and productive day. Big Boy bean bags are scattered around for people to use when the cubicle cramps set in, large monitors keep everyone updated on how Lulu is doing. Recreational equipment and a private bar with dart board come in handy to blow off stress. Communication tools and practices make it easy for the teams to collaborate and push forward. The galley is spacious and well stocked with several stocked refrigerators and a wide assortment of healthy and not so healthy munchies. You can literally survive on nothing but the food supply here. Just camp out. Lulu is a B Corp which means a lot to me coming from an environmental activist background. We compost, recycle, and are pretty lean and green in how me run the office. Lulu encourages employees to volunteer for community outreach activities like working a day for Habitat for Humanity or sponsoring and building a Little Lending Library for a local bookstore. I can say with a straight face that I love working here, and look forward to coming to work. I feel like my expertise and experience are appreciated and encouraged. I feel invested in the success of Lulu and am stimulated by the opportunity to use my special skills to improve our company. The health insurance is very affordable and the PTO and vacation package is generous IMO. WFH and flexible scheduling are a big plus and I made use of them extensively as I relocated from out of state while still getting work done.

Cons

I'd have to dig deep to find something to really complain about. I know it probably sounds candy-ass. As a 56 year old guy that has been running his own businesses for 1/2 his life it was not easy to wrap my head around working for a company other than my own. I was especially worried about being accepted because of my age. Most of Lulu employees are your typical millennial generation of kids that I can kind of relate to, but to them I probably appear to be an ancient. So far no problems there, but it's not really a gripe it's just an observation.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Best Place to Work!

Apr 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came here from one of the big companies and declining other "big" company offer thinking if this is a great decision or not. I made one of the best decisions ever working at this place. Team, co-worker and management work together as family. This is the place where management treats employee as part of the family and not as "just" another employee in the company. Benefits are great, free snacks in the break room, Pool Table, Foosball, Movie Fridays, and many many other great things. Best place ever.....

Cons

I have not figured out any downside but have seen lot of great opportunities...

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Plenty of Room for Opportunities, but Not Much Handholding

Apr 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Lulu for many years, and while I've seen the ups and the downs, there is a genuine sense of the corner being turned. Sure, there have been distractions in the past with separate verticals, but now that the focus has turned back to doing what Lulu does best (servicing the needs of authors and businesses around the world in need of print), I have a new sense of optimism. The team I work with is filled with wonderful people, and at this point, most of the negative attitudes have left for other ventures. Atmosphere is nice, casual, and energetic. Obligatory snack room comment (though more options with less sugars would be appreciated).

Cons

The self publishing world is niche, in that there's not much training you can do externally to prepare you for working within the industry. By hiring people who are "bored of the product" or think we aren't exciting enough to sell, you only shoot yourself in the foot and discredit the hearts of the people who are passionate about the service provided. Those people also refuse to learn about the true benefits that Lulu can provide and end up floundering when new projects don't quite pan out.

10 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews

Lulu.com Reviews FAQs

Lulu.com has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 80 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Lulu.com to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lulu.com employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lulu.com. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

54% of Lulu.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lulu.com 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lulu.com to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be management, career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Lulu.com Job Seekers