Lumber Liquidators Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dennis Knowles

Pros
  • Good benefits, Great people, good middle management (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits, flexible work schedule, growth potential is fantastic (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Tough to maintain a great work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Some poor business decisions by upper management have negatively impacted the company's reputation and integrity (in 19 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

I have been working at Lumber Liquidators (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Great people, good middle management

Cons

work life balance... consistency

"They really just don't care."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My boss was great, and most of many employees we went through in a whole 2 years were good people also.

Cons

All employees are very expendable. Pay is bad for what is expected. Customer base is probably the worst I have experienced might be due to the awful name, let me elaborate; first Lumber is in the name, we don't sell lumber. Second, Liquidators is in the name we don't liquidate anything. LOL We sell the cheapest product for the cheapest price and get the cheapest customers which are horrible to deal with. You have no discount opportunities to give so no customers feel like they're getting a good deal, hence why they don't come back.

Advice to Management

Staff your stores better and get a better designer. Everything is cheap looking in the stores and bright yellow it looks like a damn yard sale.

3. "Warehouse lead"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandston, VA

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, vacation time,co workers,benefits,they feed you occasionally

Cons

Forced to work overtime, poor management, no support from HR, mandatory Saturdays, micro managed

5. "Great place to work, quality company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toano, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toano, VA

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work schedule, growth potential is fantastic. The company really puts employees first, and their actions show it.

Cons

Smaller company, pulling out of a couple of tough years. But pulling out! I think you would have to want to work hard, but if you do the rewards are there for the taking.

Advice to Management

Keep employees first, happy employees make happy customers!

6. "Spoon Fed Lies"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly competitive starting pay with decent monthly bonuses depending on your responsibility level in the stores.

Cons

Fed a bunch of lines that I'd be given a store management in no time, then the position was passed over to an outside individual who had no experience in the business. Also, they are a shady group of law-skirting megalomaniacs with little regard for good environmental practices. Plenty of reasons not to work for these people.

Advice to Management

If you have any conscience whatsoever, resign from that company now.

7. "Assistant Manager 2"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Missouri City, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Missouri City, TX

I worked at Lumber Liquidators (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great company to work for while I was there. One of the best benefits is you get paid weekly. If you like interacting with customers and you are good at sales then this is a good job for you to have. You also get a bonus once a month based on the amount you sold. Being an ASM2 I received 7 percent.

Cons

One of the biggest cons I had while working with the company was the long hours. You really don't have any family time because most of the time you might work 6 days a week especially if the staff isn't full. Overtime was good but expect long hours weekly.

Advice to Management

Keep a full staff and limit the hours to 40 a week and let the employees choose whether or not they would like to work overtime.

8. "Not good"

Pros

Place is in organized and management has no control as well as you never see faces it's all internet based and nothing is consistent

Cons

Working there and being part of lumberliquidators

Advice to Management

Manage your assets and learn how to hire people that actually know what they are doing

9. "Loss Prevention Associate"

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Associate in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Associate in Pomona, CA

Pros

I learned a lot of things from this great company with great people and still learning. LP manager, supervisor and co-workers are very good and helpful. Company offer a lot of things are free and discount....

Cons

Nothing to say... because couldn't find anything yet

Advice to Management

Please keep your level to advance

10. "Learned a lot good place to advance your career"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great vacation time you get two weeks the first year. Then increase each year. you get paid weekly set work schedule.

Cons

Make your own assessment, management does what they have to in order to accommodate store sales. They never say no which means more work. For the employees

11. "Assistant manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits Not so much as corporate rule
     It would be beneficial for the corporate team to understand the needs of their soldiers on the ground and help them achieve their goals which will lead to the company doing well and not take so much time coming up with unnecessary rules that destroy the spirit of the employees which in turn will decrease sales.
     The company does reward those who go above and beyond in customer service some of the times

Cons

Structure . Staffing no work life balance. Hours of operation. Making cold calls

Advice to Management

Not so much as corporate rule