Lumber Liquidators Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Dennis Knowles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Tough to maintain a great work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• management makes the job stressful because they are hounded by upper management to hit sales goals (in 20 reviews)

1. "asm"

Current Employee - ASM in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - ASM in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Lumber Liquidators full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

co-workers in same sinking boat

Cons

ALL, RUN , ALL,RUN AWAY FAST

Advice to Management

YOUR PEOPLE ARE YOUR GREATEST ASSET!!!

"Not worth five words at all"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Lumber Liquidators full-time

Pros

Let's see. None that I can see.

Cons

Pay is marginal at best. Bonus plan is not good at all. Hours are ridiculously long. Work every weekend and never see your family. Awesome isn't it. Not customer focused at all. Weekly calls are senior managers telling you how bad you are at your job

Advice to Management

Hire part time people to help on weekends so your full time people can have a two weekends off a month.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Harahan, LA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Harahan, LA

I worked at Lumber Liquidators (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was mediocre. They offer health insurance

Cons

Long hours, few days off, They will work you to death. If you wanna work in slave like conditions this is the place.

4. "#Newslavery"

I have been working at Lumber Liquidators full-time

Pros

Pay and customers thats it.

Cons

To many to name at the moment

Advice to Management

Care about more than money your employees make the company

"Do yourself a favor and stay away!`"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awful! Terrible! The worst! There is nothing good to say about this terrible company.

Cons

Everything was awful. Pay, work conditions, schedule and management

Advice to Management

Do everyone a favor and just go out of business

"Nothing is what it seems"

Former Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Olympia, WA

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no image coming to my mind of a single positive attribute about this company other than all the beer I had to consume nightly just to decompress from the worst days I ever worked in my life!

Cons

Cons...where do I start...hopefully you have enough room for it all...

Relationships mean absolutely nothing to this company regardless if you are a customer or a lowly employee doing master's bidding.
    You are paid far too little while being expected to do the work of three to four people due to staffing being not even classified minimal.
    Your body is stressed to the limits when team lifts should be required as well as nonblack braces provided plus not even five minutes to clean up after rolling in warehouse dust before having to greet the next customer. When you are hired you expect there to be roles in place upon what you are sold on at the interview but it means nothing & your body will pay the price.

Financially the bonuses are weak at best with all credit to the manager but none to assistants who do all his bidding ran ragged & only asked to do more.
    Each day you'll receive hatemail from corporate & regional so called "leaders" stating enough is never enough, that you are worthless if you do not meet a goal even not having seen enough people in a day to get close. The blame game is constant from those same individuals expecting you to hold a customers arm behind their back until they buy. News flash: some people literally need a chance to look!!!

The standards are ridiculous for a company called a liquidator where everything is just cheap, risky purchases with no ability to negotiate with a customer. A company of this magnitude can afford some negotiation room!

But then all the questions about products needing to be replaced or chemically unsafe & the policy is literally the minute it leaves the store no one cares. Or if a manager makes a mistake it's no big deal if the customer is put out or cancels but God forbid if an assistant does then you are nearly fired over losing a $500 dollar sale in a company that averages 5-10 thousand per sale!!!

I conclude with the largest piece of the puzzle: hours & over time! You are expected to devote your entire life to this company no matter what happens! They will change store hours expecting 12 hour days mandatory with no assistance, demand over time for conference calls that all you are told is how worthless you are as an employee, & you need a minimum two month advance to take one day off without a write up. You will be quite literally be worked to death & paid nothing for it!

Advice to Management

Close & re-evaluate why you started the business. Your customers will make & break your business yet you allow them to be unhappy, write horrible reviews & treat your employees like garbage without any resolution.

Your employees need positive environments & to feel supported by their superiors not treated like they're worthless. I have seen the United States Marine Corps in the foxholes treated much better than your employees feel treated & are even asked by customers "are you ok" when you've stressed them beyond the maximum limit!

Literally I am begging you, please close your company & sell off to someone who will actually care for everyone involved from customers to employees not just the superiors!!! I plead with you please stop making everyone suffer from your negligence!

Good day to you!

"They really just don't care."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My boss was great, and most of many employees we went through in a whole 2 years were good people also.

Cons

All employees are very expendable. Pay is bad for what is expected. Customer base is probably the worst I have experienced might be due to the awful name, let me elaborate; first Lumber is in the name, we don't sell lumber. Second, Liquidators is in the name we don't liquidate anything. LOL We sell the cheapest product for the cheapest price and get the cheapest customers which are horrible to deal with. You have no discount opportunities to give so no customers feel like they're getting a good deal, hence why they don't come back.

Advice to Management

Staff your stores better and get a better designer. Everything is cheap looking in the stores and bright yellow it looks like a damn yard sale.

8. "Not good"

Pros

Place is in organized and management has no control as well as you never see faces it's all internet based and nothing is consistent

Cons

Working there and being part of lumberliquidators

Advice to Management

Manage your assets and learn how to hire people that actually know what they are doing

"Admin"

Pros

Great people who cared a lot about the company

Cons

Bad leadership who put the company on a bad track

"Run Away!"

Former Employee - Manager In Training in East Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in East Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to say ! They don't train or develop new hires at all! Base pay is a joke.

Cons

Really everything! Keep doing what you are doing and you will be out of business!

Advice to Management

Nothing