Updated May 24, 2023
Filter by Topic
Found 5,975 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Got a burning question about Lumen? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lumen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Benefits are good and the actual fiber network is good once it is up and running." (in 546 reviews)
- "Good work Life Balance but not more than that" (in 416 reviews)
- "Great people on the local level who truly care about their jobs and taking care of customers." (in 332 reviews)
- "The pay is good and the product line is broad" (in 313 reviews)
- "We did have a good work from home program but it also has changed." (in 115 reviews)
- "Poor management and too hard of a push on sales above everything." (in 297 reviews)
- "The senior leadership was more worried skewing the numbers with company provided applications that were disastrous at best." (in 120 reviews)
- "As a result the majority of the good managers and directors that had the years retired." (in 116 reviews)
- "They have no training for critical job functions and then they blame you if you do domething wrong" (in 109 reviews)
- "CenturyLink upper management has been in turmoil for some time, and is not able to make or follow through with a plan." (in 105 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Lumen and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Featured Review
Good place to work.Mar 27, 2023 - Lead Process Architect in Littleton, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A diversified workforce and company that takes care of its people - especially during the Pandemic.
Need more cost of living increases.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★
Great place to workMay 22, 2023 - Manager, Service DeliveryRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great comradery, access to learning tools
Operations process policy issues & rating/ranking system
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Get in and get outMay 6, 2023 - Customer Success AdvocateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great exposure to the overall technology landscape - New Leadership is improving the culture - Tons of free resources to help you prep for countless certs. (CompTIA, Cisco, PMP, etc...) - Will also pay for your MBA
- Individual contributors are held to unrealistic expectations. - KPI overload. There were over 12 KPI's we were held to before I left - You will not get a raise unless you go to COE - Systems and processes are a mess - The divestitures cost Lumen their key differentiator, the size of their network compared to competitors. - From a product front, Lumen always seems to be one step behind - New installs are seldom on-time or billed correctly. Yes, it will take a month to correctContinue reading
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to see you recommend working for Lumen to others and are as excited as we are about the leadership changes and culture updates. We continue to work hard on our digital transformation to simplify and streamline our processes, systems, and tools to improve the overall employee experience and continue to meet our customers’ unique demands.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Good company to work for!May 16, 2023 - Customer Success Consultant in Greensboro, NCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
--Flexible work schedule (work from home) - hybrid and/or fully remote --As a salaried employee, as long as you are achieving your targets and meeting your objectives you will have "room to breathe". --Opportunities to lead and show your value - you can take initiative and share best practices. Your peers and leadership will recognize those efforts. --Teamwork makes the dream work: all the teams and cross-functional teams I've worked with have been a FUN group of people to work with. When we are not on the line/web conference with customers we do have a good time laughing and cutting up.
--Internal processes can be cumbersome. --Numerous systems required for simple tasks. --Not enough empowerment/authority to make simple/justified decisions without obtaining approvals. --Useless training programs that actually take away from real work (checking boxes for training).
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Changes, Changes more changes but so far for the betterMay 18, 2023 - Business Analyst in Dallas, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Lumen is going through wholesale changes as it transitions its business model. To early to tell but new leadership has brought in a new vision and leadership that is much needed. Some really smart resources in the company and remote work.
Lack of pay raises. This can harm the company in the long run in losing talent that bring value to the organization. Still risk the new vision and plans of the executive team might fail.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Recommend call mom but be aware of challengesJan 12, 2023 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There are many pros to working at Lumen. For me, I work with an amazing team of people who care less about whose job a certain thing is and more about overall success. Work life balance is great! But bear in mind that working around and leading a team of committed dedicated people, they give their talents freely without time constraints when needed to the overall success of the team. So the balance is, when you need some time, a great team will close ranks around you, but sometimes you are the one closing ranks to give someone else extra time.
The biggest impediment that I find at Lumen were caused by past bad decisions by leadership entities that are no longer at the highest levels of the company. However, the difficulties have still not been fully solved. Sometimes senior leadership seems unaware that what they are asking folks to do is an additional burden around what they already do to work around bad systems and processes that are poorly documented, counterintuitive and often broken, which results in a deeply time-consuming workaround process. With that said, it is getting better under new leadership.Continue reading
Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to see you recommend Lumen as a workplace and are enjoying a positive work-life balance and your fantastic team! As a current employee, if you want to share more details regarding what you see as opportunities for innovation and change, don't hesitate to contact us at CTLHRActionTeam@lumen.com.
- Current Employee★★★★★
Program & Project ManagementMay 12, 2023 - Lead Program ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
WFH. Creative empowerment. Internal growth
Large company so lots of red tape. The individual performance is subjective. Going extra mile is not rewarded. People who skate by and don’t lead fly under the radar.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
MediocreMay 24, 2023 - Repair Customer Service in Salt Lake City, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good compensation, received bonuses Good Benefits, with multiple options for each insurance type. Communications Workers of America Representation.
Transferred between four different supervisors in the one year period. So many changes to process and management it was impossible to know who to speak to. Training was great to start and awful once on the job. Switching positions or learning new skills was not supported well. Awful required swing shifts that have thankfully gone away as of when I left the company.
- Former Employee★★★★★
Good company to work forMay 23, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, SCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company is big in work remote options
Sometimes hard to get leadership involved in issues
- Current Employee★★★★★
Good typical fortune 500May 23, 2023 - Credit and Collections Supervisor in Shreveport, LARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Decent pay. Good people. Fun times
Pay could be better. Lots of turnover
Lumen Reviews FAQs
Lumen has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 6,477 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Lumen to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
59% of Lumen employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lumen 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.
According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lumen to be coworkers, compensation, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.