Lumen Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 30, 2020

3.2
Lumen CEO Jeff Storey
Jeff Storey
Pros
Cons
  • "After Level 3 took over the upper management only former Level 3 employees could be in(in 132 reviews)

• "Leadership wants to move people to Monroe LA(in 62 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Very exciting things are happening at Lumen!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

I have been working at Lumen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The new name and brand have given us a chance to focus on a singular goal - to make amazing happen. Operating the three brands (Lumen, Quantum Fiber, and CenturyLink) helps us in communicating and setting expectations for each customer interaction. Our products and services are critically important to our customers, especially in a post-covid world. We are raising the bar each day and it is an exciting place to work. The company has also adjusted to embrace work-from-work and work-from-home options depending on the role and safety of the employees. The new collaboration technology we are using has accelerated improvements in team cohesiveness and building relationships. This allows for more flexibility for employees and helps to achieve a strong work/life balance.

Cons

We have grown through a lot of mergers and acquisitions over the years and that has proven to come with its own challenges. The processes and systems environment has some technical debt that we are working through. There is a clear roadmap and plan, it just takes time.

January 7, 2021

Thank you for the 5-star review, and for your thoughtful feedback. We are lucky to have AMAZING people like you on our team!

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Consumer Care Representative

I have been working at Lumen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the pay, working from home, its fun, the people, work life balance

Cons

the benefits are ok but deductible high

December 10, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, we are lucky to have you on the team!

"Working at Lumen"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lumen full-time

Pros

Work life balance, good pay

Cons

little autonomy, lots of overhead

December 18, 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to see you have excellent work/life balance!

"Slow moving giant, political, hierarchical"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Support Manager (Former) in New York, NY

I worked at Lumen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance. Good people managers in mid-level management.

Cons

- Political and incompetently Sr. level manager - No career growth - Complicated and inefficient processes - Chaotic internal management - Not enough investment in people, so company loses good talents - Before the rebrand in Sep 2020, moral was very low. Not a good environment to be in - My direct manager changed 8 times in 6 years. One of my managers was laid off because she advocated for her team, another was fired because she advocated for her team

December 11, 2020

Thank you for leaving us a review. We value all our employees and put a large emphasis on creating clear career-path advancement opportunities for all those who wish to further their careers. We take your feedback very seriously and would also like to emphasize that we do not tolerate retaliation of any form against employees who advocate for their coworkers or make reports in good faith. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working here.

5. "OK"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Lumen full-time

Pros

Work life balance Good Benefits Industry leading products

Cons

Turnover/Revolving door Frequent and constant changes

December 10, 2020

Thank you for leaving us a review. We agree, Lumen has industry leading products and are excited to offer the fastest, most secure platform for next gen applications and data to our customers. We are glad to see you are finding value in the robust benefits program and healthy work/life balance which we are proud to offer our employees.

"Run, don't walk from this company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Director of Enterprise Sales

I worked at Lumen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

decent base & benefits . expansive network and global presence. As with anywhere there are some really nice people. Work / life balance depending on who you work for.

Cons

Leadership out of touch with reality. Back end systems and processes are broken beyond repair. Employees more concerned with process than taking care of customers. Sales comp plan structure is overly complex and getting complete and accurate accounting is impossible. HR is over bearing and inserts itself into management decisions making it impossible to retain good talent and hanging on to terrible employees. Every answer is NO . "Compliance' is blamed for all things that get messed up, declined or otherwise screwed up. Spent 99% of my time fixing problems instead of doing my job. Complete disregard for common sense, Leadership is completely out of touch. Personally saw serious pay inequities for minority employees and had to bare knuckle fight HR to correct what was obvious discrimination for one employee whilst watching under performers get a pass. Customer implementations were all botched and delayed for internal process errors . The network outages were constant and not taken seriously. Response to outages were slow and nobody cared about the impact to the customer or their business. Single handedly the worst professional experience I have had in anotherwise fantastic 25+ year career in this industry.

December 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take your feedback seriously and are sorry to see you did not enjoy working at Lumen.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Broadband Technician

I have been working at Lumen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary plus good work life balance

Cons

Company transitioning takes some getting used to

October 15, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, we are lucky to have AMAZING people like you on our team!

8. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Lumen full-time

Pros

Good work life balance environment .

Cons

Nothing as such doing good.

October 20, 2020

Thank you for leaving a 5-star review! We are happy to see you have a good work life balance at Lumen, thank you for your 10+ years of service!

"On the right path"

4.0
    Current Employee - Lead Product Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lumen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Collaboration, work-life balance, strong senior leadership.

Cons

Compensation, frequent layoffs, review process

September 18, 2020

We agree, we are fortunate to have a strong senior leadership team. We are happy to see you enjoy the collaborative culture and are able to experience a positive work/life balance. Thank you for leaving a review.

10. "Good work life balance. Challenging to get promoted."

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Lumen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Lots of work poured on employees as they keep laying people off and instead of hiring new people, they just give more work to current employees so it’s difficult to meet goals.

October 2, 2020

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to see you would recommend working here to others! We believe in creating clear career-pathing opportunities for our employees and we encourage you to speak with your leader about how Lumen can help you reach your professional goals.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 424 English Reviews