Luminaire Reviews | Glassdoor

Nasir Kassamali

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Steady Job"

I have been working at Luminaire full-time

Pros

There is always plenty of work. Potential for expansion/growth as company recently sold to a larger corp. There is flexibility regarding work schedule and time off. Good opportunity to work with high-end luxury brands and top designers/manufacturers in the industry.

Cons

Negative tone set from the top down. Not much team building or company spirit. Pay does not match the rising cost of living for the area. All of this results in high rate of turnover within the company. Not a good benefits package.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Show them that you value them by providing an appropriate pay scale, better benefits, and ways to build a positive work environment. It will pay off for the company in the long run.

"Horrible place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Luminaire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None...such a negative and abusive environment. I have never been exposed to such a tyrant in a workplace. Unfortunately it was privately owned and I didn't have much recourse.

Cons

What I wrote under "Pros" pretty much covers it. I'm amazed he has stayed in business this long without getting sued!

Advice to Management

Stop the owner from verbally abusing employees!!!

"Best design in the world!"

I have been working at Luminaire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best networking atmosphere in the Miami, area. The level of superior design is incredible and intoxicantly good.

Cons

Luminaire could benefit from providing competitive compensation rates and benefit package. Future applicants should ask about the turn over rate, and company wide growth potential within the luxury market. This should provide a good barometer of current issues.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Luminaire (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team atmosphere. Beautifully designed showrooms. You really learn how to be a good sales leader.

Cons

Not enough paid vacation time. Cliquey atmosphere. HR has selective hearing when it comes to improving the company.

Advice to Management

Work on promoting from within the company.

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for providing us such honest feedback. We are excited to hear that you thoroughly enjoy your work environment. We are currently examining all areas of our business in order to improve and... More

5. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Luminaire full-time

Pros

Excellent quality of products, smart and passionate co workers.

Cons

No one is entitled to have an opinion, paying is not competitive compared to other high end showrooms, Owners and management are not people friendly and instead of supporting you will only shut down your ideas and will also insult your intelligence and treat you poorly.

Advice to Management

MANAGE AND SUPPORT YOUR WONDERFUL STAFF

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We are concerned regarding your feedback. We provide an engaging work environment that presents challenges and allows our team members to think outside the box and truly... More

6. "Top of the line in the industry, borderline abusive to employees."

I worked at Luminaire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The owners do a great job curating the collection and working with the very best European manufacturers. Showroom looks fantastic and draws a great client demographic. Excellent experience working with the best in luxury interiors.

Cons

The owner is a micro-manager who refuses to negotiate but instead offers compensation in half-fast appreciative gestures. Guilt-trips and abusive language are doled out as "motivation"regularly. For dealing such innovative furnishings, the company itself doesn't operate in a very innovative or modern way.

"Product oriented, not people oriented"

I worked at Luminaire full-time

Pros

Number 1 in quality of merchandise. Access to the best design and creators in the world. Coworkers are intelligent and passionate. Interaction with clients, work itself, can be highly rewarding. If you like modern design, there are few better places to work.

Cons

Salary and benefits are lower than comparable jobs at other companies. High turn-over rate due to difficult senior management that creates a demoralizing environment. Expectations are rarely possible to meet.

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Manager

We would like to thank you for your honest feedback. We are proud in providing are customers beautifully designed pieces of art to fill their homes and offices. Not only are our products... More

"One of the best international design companies."

I have been working at Luminaire full-time

Pros

Great design oriented company where it is intimate enough to see the ins and outs of the business. Highly well known. Great opportunity for long term employment with benefits.

Cons

There is a lack of organization here. Things are often awry thus muddled with confusion. There is also a condescending tone that is given. Many employees complain of lack of appreciation.

Advice to Management

Compensation needs to be considered.

"Good place, but not for too long"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

A good place for networking

Cons

Difficult to advance from hiring point

Advice to Management

More employee appreciation

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As you mentioned, we do have great brand recognition across the world. That being said when it comes to your ability to advance within the organization, we encourage all... More

"Disapointing"

Pros

Historically, one of the best at what they do; reputation is excellent, clientele is strong, recognition of what they do well exists and is focused upon. Design asthetic is second to none.

Cons

Leadership is inconsistent; communication between deparrtments/locations could be improved.

Advice to Management

Company would benefit from planning/implementation/communication.