Luminex Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Nachum “Homi” Shamir
  1. "Eye-opening"

Former Intern - Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Luminex for less than a year

Pros

Small, up coming company that is continually growing. One person maybe able to wear many hats at any given time.

Cons

Due to nature of post-startup mindset, company needs to prove its worth. This means that deadlines are sometimes very absolute.

Advice to Management

A bit more lab safety training is good, having SOPs is alright but if people listen one time per year than it defeats the purpose.

Luminex2012-09-11

"Great place to learn the trade."

Former Intern - Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Luminex for less than a year

Pros

Positive working environment, push you explain why experimental results are what they are instead of accepting failure/success.

Cons

I worked for an entire summer, but I never got an answer regarding future employment despite my great reviews from my Boss and team members.

Advice to Management

For an intern the only thing on their mind is if they have job at the end of internship. I would recommend that Management keep that in mind when they hire.

Luminex2014-02-27

Luminex Response

April 18, 2014VP Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback and we will make sure we connect more with the interns and discuss options at the beginning of the internship. We have hired many interns in the past but sometimes timing is not there. Please keep checking the website for openings!

Found 2 reviews