Luminex Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2020

3.5
Luminex President and CEO Nachum “Homi” Shamir
Nachum “Homi” Shamir
Pros
  • "Great co workers and great atmosphere with great benefits(in 16 reviews)

• "Work life balance for me is what you make it and Luminex provides enough flexibility for you to maintain the balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "I would state that work/life balance is out of whack however there are positions posted to be filled that would help(in 5 reviews)

• "Upper management is busy saving their jobs(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Benefits"

5.0

I have been working at Luminex full-time

Pros

Luminex has really good benefits, medical, PTO, 401k matching.

Cons

The most recent dental insurance company change, is pretty bad though. The dental insurance barely coves anything.

April 9, 2020Human Resource Team Member

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your thoughts on our benefits package.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Finance in Austin, TX

I have been working at Luminex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working here for five plus years now. Salaries and challenges are really ample for achievers. Good benefit and vacation package.

Cons

Not much transparency within teams, lacks team work

July 21, 2020Human Resources Team Member

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to have a work environment that is an innovation engine in which people feel empowered to collaborate, think, act and solve problems in new and different ways. Share your ideas on how teamwork can be improved.

"Good coworkers"

Former Employee - Research Associate

I worked at Luminex full-time

Pros

Good People, Okay PTO, Flexible hours

Cons

Company is not doing well

May 28, 2020Human Resources Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. As a result of our acquisitions and our internal growth, we have made a remarkable impact on global healthcare over the last 25 years—an accomplishment made possible by the development, manufacturing, and marketing of our proprietary instruments and assays. Our work continues to empower labs to provide reliable, timely, actionable answers, ultimately advancing health for patients worldwide—staying true to our mission.

"Luminex: awesome company/ unprofessional HR management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Luminex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits, and rewarding work.

Cons

The present style of HR management is intimidation, favoritism and innuendo. Replacing that style by hiring an industry professional would go a long way to fixing Chicago's toxic morale environment.

April 28, 2020Human Resources Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At Luminex, we embrace the idea that diversity is an integral part of doing business the right way. We nurture an inclusive environment that values similarities and differences. Luminex is a team of individuals committed to making a difference in our world. If you believe a Luminex core value has not been displayed at the site; reporting it via internal channels is another option to consider to bring what you shared to your manager's attention.

5. "Sales Operations"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at Luminex full-time for less than a year

Pros

great management, very good benefits.

Cons

very corporate and not much flexibility

March 10, 2020Human Resource Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

"Typical manufacturing enviorment. Scraping by with the bare minimum to meet customer satisfaction and FDA audits."

1.0
    Former Employee - Production Assembler in Austin, TX

I worked at Luminex full-time for less than a year

Pros

I honestly cant say there is one. Oh, they offer pet insurance.

Cons

Mandatory over time every week due to horrible planning and management. Aries line is hemorrhaging money and is not sustainable. Temp to hire, low starting wages, no career path or personal growth. Turn over of the average employee is a matter of months.

March 10, 2020Human Resource Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We strive to improve and make changes based on suggestions of our employees. We will look into this area and see if we can see changes that are needed and any other suggestions from other team members.

7. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - QC Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Luminex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diversity, culture, growth, Work-life balance, good benifits

Cons

It could be stressful at times, requires lot of time commitments

January 13, 2020Human Resource Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

"N/A"

5.0
    Current Employee - Assembler II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Luminex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many challenges, and a great place to learn.

Cons

Training not in dept enough to new and possibly great "A" employees.

September 18, 2019Human Resources Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. Luminex is a team of individuals committed to making a difference in our world, both professionally and personally. We would encourage you to share your suggestion pertaining to the training with your manager and contribute to how it can develop into what it needs to be for Luminex employees within your team. Continuous improvement is highly favored. We want to ensure that your Luminex experience is more than just a job, but an opportunity to realize your core values and make a difference in the world. Your human resources team are happy to assist. Just reach out to us: Human_Resources@luminexcorp.com

"Company Review"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Luminex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, flexible working hours. Independent work ethic

Cons

management not up to the mark. Need more technical folks in the team

August 6, 2019Human Resources Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Luminex is a team of individuals committed to making a difference in our world, both professionally and personally. We want to ensure that your Luminex experience is more than just a job, but an opportunity to realize your core values and make a difference in the world. You are welcome to share further details on the cons listed with the Human Resource Manager on site or forward them directly to humanresources@luminexcorp.com. Thank you in advance!

"There are better jobs and management people you will find. I worked at Luminex Chicago."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I worked at Luminex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is good. Co-workers are friendly. The only good part is Co-workers.

Cons

Constant pressures of getting things done even if it not practical. Pay raise is insignificant no matter how much you contribute. People from HQ will keep meddling in your task even if you do the right way. Mind it no one will stand besides you firmly even if you are right. Upper management is busy saving their jobs. It's a company on Ventilator. No innovation, no out of the box thinking, no gratitude for employees. Product is a decade old and there is even better tech around and cheaper.

August 16, 2019Human Resources Team Member

You are correct Luminex employees are the company's greatest asset. Luminex is a team of individuals committed to making a difference in our world, both professionally and personally. We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion and we hope that you took the time to provide details with the HR site leader and your former management team. Continuous improvement starts with receiving feedback to ensure everyone is aware. Best of luck in your new opportunity.

Found 145 reviews