KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent Leader in CEO Tim Biltz

May 20, 2019 - Sales Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tim Biltz took over in 2012 and turned the company around to a successful sale in 2017 to private equity. You will not find a leader like Tim often in life, and I felt privileged to work for him.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Customer Account Manager

Dec 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great earning potential. Exciting product offering.

Cons

Hard to say. Great fit for life in 2018 an beyond!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome company

Aug 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and good compensation. Great vacation.

Cons

None none none none none none

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Leadership and Vision Goes a Long Way!

Mar 7, 2018 - Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stress? Not here! The environment is what you make it, but there is no high pressure making you choose your job or your life. These managers/execs get it: respect your people and foster their growth and they will commit 110%. This is a newly formed subsidiary of Lumos, so many situations require a creative approach, but with full support from above, nothing gets out of hand. You will get your hands on best in class technology and learn every day. What more does a techie want?

Cons

The office is quiet! Depending on your preference, this is what it is.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

New Hire Process - Day ONE and more

Jan 23, 2018 - Senior Solutions Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really impressed with the professionalism and On Boarding process as a New hire …. Information was conveyed in advance and the Live meeting with HR Manager Kim Scudder on Day 1 was Great. Kim had an easy to follow orientation as well as examples and multiple contact people as support (if needed) . The hand off to online set up of benefits, healthcare and payroll were all explained and I was able to complete quickly. Follow up from Sales Force trainer Lelia Connard, CAPM was spot and classes scheduled virtually and quickly and interaction with Payroll Specialist Patty Viar was a huge help as even in a Snow and Ice storm I was able to receive my 1st Paycheck and Corporate Credit Card right ON time . Every Department from the IT Helpdesk to Marketing has been responsive and helpful as I set up my computer, phones and profiles. I’d say I made a Great decision and very lucky to be part of the Lumos Networks and Data Center Team !

Cons

None as of yet .... #fullspeedahead

Lumos Networks Response

Human Resources

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We have ramped up our onboarding process and we're happy to know that it's making an impact for our new employees.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Long Term employee

Jan 11, 2018 - Senior Manager in Waynesboro, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family atmosphere. This is a major technology company in it's region, and I regularly see the CEO and to all of us he's "Tim" instead of "Mr. Biltz" He knows my name too. Transparent and trustworthy E-team. We have regular management meetings with the E-team where both positive and negative information is shared, and longer term strategies are discussed. At least in my department, micromanaging is at a minimum. You are given goals and timelines, and are free to execute without upper management riding your shoulder. There are training opportunities available for those who wish to expand their career skills. Solid benefits package. Growth industry.

Cons

Company often invests in large scale tools or systems that are frankly too complex for the current and near future needs. This leads to high service overhead for those systems, and very large bills to the vendors.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Dec 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Lumos 23 years. I have seen so much change and growth in that time. I feel blessed to have been apart of the Lumos family for so long. Have worked with a lot of people who have become family over the years. I feel like the whole company is like on big family. As for what I can see, Management treats the employees with care, concern and respect and I appreciate that.

Cons

I really can't think of anything that should prevent anyone from wanting to join the Lumos Family.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work and great people to work with!

Nov 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lumos Networks has been an all-around positive experience for me. From the interviewing process, accepting the job offer, and starting my new career. My supervisor has a “we are a team” attitude verses a boss/employee attitude. It was a refreshing change of pace from former positions I have held outside of the company. I’m very thankful to have been given the opportunity to be a part of such a great team. Although, the company is growing fast (and change can be scary) I strongly feel that Lumos is headed in the right direction. The leadership at Lumos is strong and they continue to reassure employees that we are on the right path. I have complete faith in them. I would highly recommend Lumos for a place of employment.

Cons

Growing so quickly with so many changes can be a little uneasy, but again I have complete faith in the company’s decisions.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work our people make the difference

Nov 15, 2017 - Account Director in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lumos Networks is an awesome place to work. Our people make the difference! Because management cares about the employees, we are able to focus on the customer and providing the best service possible.

Cons

We are not everywhere and can't serve all customers (yet).

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Feels like family

Nov 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is very family and team oriented. Teams work together across the organization. On my team, we are encouraged to reach out to others to collaborate on the completion of tasks and jobs. Like most families/teams, there are differences of opinions but you generally feel it's OK to share your ideas. Leaders at all levels including executives and CEO tend to be accessible. Lumos offers flexibility in most of positions. I am able to work remotely when necessary. Offers a better work/life balance than I've had with other companies. The company has a new employee appreciation program that sends out random gifts to all employees at different times of the year plus birthdays and anniversaries. If you don't like the first gift, you are able to trade for something more suitable. Gifts range from gift cards, spa treatments, dinners to weeklong trips. The agency the company uses will even make reservations for you. We LOVE this program.

Cons

Challenges associated with growth. Company does not have all the systems in place for easy integration. There is an project underway but just not there yet and can be frustrating at times. A smaller organization means career growth opportunities aren't always available.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews

Lumos Networks Reviews FAQs

Lumos Networks has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Lumos Networks to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lumos Networks employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lumos Networks. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

66% of Lumos Networks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lumos Networks 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lumos Networks to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Lumos Networks Job Seekers