Lunarline Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Benefits are great and I love working with the smartest and brightest people (in 5 reviews)

• has seen a huge growth in their commercial and cyber security training divisions (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons for this company (in 5 reviews)

• C and D players do not last long (in 3 reviews)

1. "Top Cyber Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired on last year and so far it's been a great experience. This company covers the whole spectrum of security which is very beneficial if you want to move around to other departments. They also have their own "School of Cybersecurity" which allows an employee to take classes they offer for free. It's been a good journey so far and I'm happy with my career path at Lunarline.

Cons

None to report so far

Advice to Management

My mangers have been very supportive of my needs and work well with my schedule

"Great place to learn and grow if you are willing to work"

Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lunarline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunarline is a company rife with opportunities. In my time here I have been exposed to a lot more avenues of growth within the information security industry than I would have been at other firms. The people are generally pleasant to work with and supportive, and the executives are friendly, approachable and willing to help. You will not be looked down on or ridiculed for not knowing everything, as long as you are humble enough to admit it, and open to taking advice. That said, you also need to be willing to work hard to excel here. Hard work is definitely recognized and rewarded at this company, to which I can personally attest. If you have a good attitude, want to learn, and back it up with action, you will do very well here. I've only had a few experiences with firms where I felt truly valued as an employee and Lunarline is certainly one of them.

Cons

Nothing notable thus far in my first year of employment.

Advice to Management

Priorities for middle management are entirely focused on billable hours; some leeway might need to be considered for overhead to dedicate towards managing their direct reports.

3. "Senior Security Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Security Engineer/Program Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Security Engineer/Program Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunarline's portfolio of business has exposed me to a vast array of DoD, Federal, and commercial clients allowing me to grow my technical and professional skillset. I have the opportunity and flexibility needed to lead projects, mentor staff, and be involved in the company's business development efforts.

Cons

Being a small company, benefits cost a little more but that makes perfect sense because we are small company and don't get the deals with the insurance brokers that the large organizations get. I feel Lunarline's salaries and culture make up the difference.

Advice to Management

Continue letting your consultants provide excellent service to clients and continue providing support to your team to go after the Cyber Market full steam ahead. The future looks bright at Lunarline!

"Company going under fast"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Lunarline (More than a year)

Pros

Get a wide variety of exposure to many different areas of information security.

Cons

Managers are more interested in placing blame for problems than fixing issues. Burn out is high, employees are treated very poorly. Office culture is more like high school than a professional company.

Advice to Management

Just find a buyer and sell, like you tried to do before.

5. "Best Cyber Security company to work for !!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time

Pros

Employees are treated well and respected. Benefits are great and I love working with the smartest and brightest people. Company believes in organic growth and most employees have been working here more than 5 years. Lot of seasoned employees to learn from. We get free sodas, water bottles and coffee.

Cons

I haven't been working long enough to notice any negatives. So, far none.

Advice to Management

Don't change the current culture.

"Good place to start"

Former Employee - Security Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Security Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Lunarline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lunarline is a great place to start a career in infosec. You can get the opportunity to try out many different things, especially since Lunarline tries to do anything and everything.

Cons

There is not a whole lot of expertise at Lunarline. Everything that you expect that to lead to occurs, you will quickly outgrow the company. You will quickly become burnt out.

"Excellent Company - huge opportunities"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lunarline, Inc. has seen a huge growth in their commercial and cyber security training divisions. The opportunities are unlimited for those willing to work hard to solve hard problems.

Cons

Last year some of our contracts were transitioned to Lowest Cost Technically Acceptable (LCTA) or prices were were cut by 50% so we had an unexpected dip in our Federal revenue. C and D players do not last long. Maybe some lasted a little too long last year.

Advice to Management

Don't wait to get rid of C and D players - they bring down everyone else - including your customers. I believe this has been fixed - but learn

"A company that's like family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My manager gives me freedom with my creativity. He's not a micro-manger looking over my shoulder every minute. Because Lunarline is a small business, we're always in communication with everyone even the CEO.

Cons

No one holds your hand here. If you don't show them what you got, you get brushed to the side.

"Lunarline is the way company should treat its employees"

Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Lunarline full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO and president care about the company and the employees. They are loyal to their past employees also. The benefits are always improving. The company is still growing.

Cons

Communication is important for all relationships. At time the communication got lost within all of the mid- management.

Advice to Management

Always communicate with all of the employees. Listen to everybody

"Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Junior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Junior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a very fast-paced environment with ample opportunities to enhance the professional skills of this field. The work schedule is very flexible and includes the benefit of teleworking. Another great feature is that the IT equipment is first rate.

Cons

Not much to say in the "Cons" area. Earned leave is the industry standard; typical accrual.

Advice to Management

Find a way to replicate our CEO!